Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Fenlon for Motherwell?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Fenlon for Motherwell?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...ll-691309.html

MOTHERWELL are set to follow Dunfermline's lead by looking to the Irish market to find a new manager.

The Scottish Premier League club, who parted company with Maurice Malpas last Friday, are keen to speak to former Shelbourne and Derry City boss Pat Fenlon about taking up the reins at Fir Park.
    Former Irish international Owen Coyle, currently in charge of St Johnstone, and Bohemians boss Sean Connor have also been also linked with the job.
    Motherwell initially considered approaching Kenny, who has made a huge impression since taking over at Dunfermline, but the Dubliner quickly let it be known that he was committed to the Pars.
    Fenlon was unavailable for comment last night as he is currently completing his UEFA pro-licence coaching course.
    While taking over an SPL outfit is sure to interest the 37-year-old Dubliner, Fenlon would have to resolve some personal issues before accepting an offer to take over at Motherwell - he cited his inability to persuade his family to relocate in Derry as a central factor in his departure from the Brandywell.
    If Fenlon declines the job, former Motherwell star Coyle will become the leading candidate after an impressive two years as player-manager of St Johnstone.
    As Irishmen we dilute our sense of nation by depending on the English to bring us our balls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lofty9 View Post
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...ll-691309.html

MOTHERWELL are set to follow Dunfermline's lead by looking to the Irish market to find a new manager.

The Scottish Premier League club, who parted company with Maurice Malpas last Friday, are keen to speak to former Shelbourne and Derry City boss Pat Fenlon about taking up the reins at Fir Park.
    Former Irish international Owen Coyle, currently in charge of St Johnstone, and Bohemians boss Sean Connor have also been also linked with the job.
    Motherwell initially considered approaching Kenny, who has made a huge impression since taking over at Dunfermline, but the Dubliner quickly let it be known that he was committed to the Pars.
    Fenlon was unavailable for comment last night as he is currently completing his UEFA pro-licence coaching course.
    While taking over an SPL outfit is sure to interest the 37-year-old Dubliner, Fenlon would have to resolve some personal issues before accepting an offer to take over at Motherwell - he cited his inability to persuade his family to relocate in Derry as a central factor in his departure from the Brandywell.
    If Fenlon declines the job, former Motherwell star Coyle will become the leading candidate after an impressive two years as player-manager of St Johnstone.
    I'd say the only person linking Sean Connor to that job is Sean Connor. Fenlon would be very lucky if he got that job after hardly covering himself in glory in Derry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    fenlon left derry cos he was 2 far away from his family so i doubt very much he's gonna move to scotland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KBurke View Post
    fenlon left derry cos he was 2 far away from his family so i doubt very much he's gonna move to scotland
    I very much doubt Fenlon would have left Derry if they were top of the league and playing good football so I dont know how credible that reason was .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    I've just bought a ticket on the HSS from Belfast to Stranraer for Seanie.

I also heard that Kenny was in the running for the job.
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KBurke View Post

Best one Ive heard in ages. For a second there I thought you were actually serious.
    The deepest layer of human thinking and feeling somehow knows that God must exist - Pope Benedict XVI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohsPartisan View Post
    I've just bought a ticket on the HSS from Belfast to Stranraer for Seanie.
    Why don't you like him? He seems to have turned Bohs around. He has you in a potential european spot position???
    The deepest layer of human thinking and feeling somehow knows that God must exist - Pope Benedict XVI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finnpark View Post
    Why don't you like him? He seems to have turned Bohs around. He has you in a potential european spot position???
    Because I never, never, never want to watch Darren Mansaram playing on the wing again.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Would like to see him go there. Didnt do himself justise at Derry. I think he has it in him to manage at a high level. Also nice to see a eircom league connection while watching scot league games on Setanta.

As for O Conor he will be figured out soon. Yes there is a good defensive team but thats cause they have 10 men behind the ball. Mid table all the way for Bohs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebmania View Post

As for O Conor he will be figured out soon. Yes there is a good defensive team but thats cause they have 10 men behind the ball. Mid table all the way for Bohs.
    I'm no fan of Connor's style of play but saying its "ten men behind the ball" is stretching it to say the least. I think you'll also be way wide of the mark with the mid table remark. We'll probably finish in the top three. The Pats game performance was closer to the real Bohs than Sligo, but its the likes of the Sligo game that will cost us a shout in the title race come November. Just a shame we have to watch so much negative football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was back home at the weekend and a few of the lads were talking about this. Seem to be a few rumours going about that Stephen Kenny is a favourite for the job. His reputation in Scotland is excellent already, despite being relegated. Wouldn't be surprised if other clubs looked to these shores for managers. Perhaps a change of scene is exactly what Fenlon needs. As for Sean Connor, well, i'd be very surprised if any British club was willing to take a risk on him right now as he's yet to prove himself in Ireland.

Talk in the Scottish papers this morning is that Tommy McClean is wanted by Motherwell.
    Yer hame team is yer ain team!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I've never seen Fenlons name mentioned in any of the papers over here. Coyle seems to be regarded as the favourite. McLean's name popped up today but he hasn't managed in about ten years and his management style might seem outdated now anyway so I'd be surprised if it's credible.
    Top Breeders recommend drinkfeckarse....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree. I think Tommy McClean would be a poor choice... his days as a football manager are over surely. Taking on Fenlon or another LoI manager would surely be no bigger a risk than taking McClean back.
    Yer hame team is yer ain team!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkfeckarse View Post
    I've never seen Fenlons name mentioned in any of the papers over here.
    Are you suggesting his name is only in Irish papers the way Brian Kerr was "linked" with every vacant job?
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!