Thread: Worst fans in Europe - Liverpool

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Worst fans in Europe - Liverpool

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ol/6717793.stm

I tend to agree. Through-out history Liverpool supporters have shamed English football and also near killed the game by getting English football banned.
    The Hallion Battalion Molests football.:D

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    No offence but this is a load of ****e. Liverpool are being made scapegoates becuase UEFA messed up the final in Athens. They compare Liverpool to Milan but thats impossible becuase Milan couldn't even fill their allocation. Liverpool took about 45,000 people to Athens. Platini also has a major chip on his shoulder about what Liverpool did at Heysel....he's an arrogant ****.

Pool fans are no saints but worse than Roma, Galatassaray and Lazio to name but a few of the top of my head, let alone the Eastern European countries where racism is rife. Regarding Heysel, that was another **** up by UEFA.The game was played in a ruined stadium. The Italians baited the Liverpool fans who charged at them. Charging at the opposition was a weekly ritual at all grounds in Britian at this time....it could so easily have been any other British club. BTW, in Rome the previous year, Liverpool fans including women and children were attacked by Roma Ultras.

Hillsborough was a **** up by the police. The enquiry found that the police completely lost control.

I've worked in England quite a long time. There is a very anti-scouse feeling across the country. It is related to Liverpool being a predominantly Irish catholic city. The negative stereotypes that they have for scousers are the exact same that they have for the Irish...wild,lazy,emotional,rough,criminal. In fairness, the positive stereotypes that they have for the Scousers are similar also...happy, friendly and a love of song and dance.

I think alot of younger Irish these days are heavilly influenced by the whole Man U - Liverpool rivalry. Yes by all means support an English club, but don't buy into these Scouse/Brummie/Manc/Cockney/Geordie stereotypes.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
    No offence but this is a load of ****e. Liverpool are being made scapegoates becuase UEFA messed up the final in Athens. They compare Liverpool to Milan but thats impossible becuase Milan couldn't even fill their allocation. Liverpool took about 45,000 people to Athens. Platini also has a major chip on his shoulder about what Liverpool did at Heysel....he's an arrogant ****.

with 17,000 tickets liverpool took 45,000 and its all Uefa's fault

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Pool fans are no saints but worse than Roma, Galatassaray and Lazio to name but a few of the top of my head, let alone the Eastern European countries where racism is rife. Regarding Heysel, that was another **** up by UEFA.The game was played in a ruined stadium. The Italians baited the Liverpool fans who charged at them. Charging at the opposition was a weekly ritual at all grounds in Britian at this time....it could so easily have been any other British club. BTW, in Rome the previous year, Liverpool fans including women and children were attacked by Roma Ultras.

Hillsborough was a **** up by the police. The enquiry found that the police completely lost control.

I've worked in England quite a long time. There is a very anti-scouse feeling across the country. It is related to Liverpool being a predominantly Irish catholic city. The negative stereotypes that they have for scousers are the exact same that they have for the Irish...wild,lazy,emotional,rough,criminal. In fairness, the positive stereotypes that they have for the Scousers are similar also...happy, friendly and a love of song and dance.

I think alot of younger Irish these days are heavilly influenced by the whole Man U - Liverpool rivalry. Yes by all means support an English club, but don't buy into these Scouse/Brummie/Manc/Cockney/Geordie stereotypes.
    Where do you begin to disect this crap?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto1208 View Post
    with 17,000 tickets liverpool took 45,000 and its all Uefa's fault

If you have a season ticket, have been to all the games, have booked flights and are then told you can't have a ticket what would you do?

A) Stay at home and watch it on the tele

B) go to Athens in the hope of getting one of thousands of "Nuetral" or "Corporate Partner" tickets.

There is blame to be apportioned to a lot of parties but UEFA are trying to lump all the blame on Liverpool's 45,000 fans and accept no blame for themselves or the local organisers.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    Liverpool fans were treated badly compared to the Milan fans. The Milan fans got the main airport in Athens while the Liverpool fans were flown to a tiny airport outside Athens. Apparently, the fans had to wait for a number of hours and it was diabolically organised. This was also the problem outside the stadium. A mate of mine told me that lads who went to the stadium a few hours before kick off were just walking in!!! This might be the fault of the Greeks but ultimately, it is a UEFA run final so they should ensure their events are properly organised, in cities and stadia that can cope with an influx of fans....this situation could just as easily have happended to Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal.

Would these problems have happened outside well run stadia?In my opinion, with such a volume of fans there will always be a number of troublemakers or even ****ed up lads who will do whatever they can to see a game. However, the events should have been dealt with alot better by the Greeks and ultimately UEFA.

A friend of a friend had his ticket stolen outside the ground. He is understandably very angry with his own fans but he told me that the Greek police were the worst he's ever seen. He blames UEFA as much as those that took his ticket.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    With a username like Steve Bruce, I take it you're a Man U fan...or an England B fan.

By talking about steroetypes, I was trying to paint a background picture. There are many in Britain who love to have a go at scousers and dig up age old stereotypes. They can't see any different. I work in a youth offending team over here and the criminal statistics for Nottingham, Birmingham and Manchester are far higher than Liverpool...yet each week Liverpool and Everton fans get abuse about being thieves

Have you ever been to Liverpool?Do you know any scousers?Have you ever lived in England?

or are you one of the newer breed of Man U fans in Ireland that takes on board the Manc/Scouse rivalry as if you were born in Moss Side.

The last time I was home, some Man U fans in my local were singing about scousers being thieves and Heysel(incidentally this lad looked about 17,) while the liverpool fans were going on about shipman. it left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    [QUOTE=Bungle;698101]
    Would these problems have happened outside well run stadia?In my opinion, with such a volume of fans there will always be a number of troublemakers or even ****ed up lads who will do whatever they can to see a game. However, the events should have been dealt with alot better by the Greeks and ultimately UEFA.

QUOTE]

funny how it never happens to the Irish fans , only one troublemaker in Stuttgart out of how many....10,000/15,000!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    I'm not comparing the Liverpool fans to the Irish fans. The Irish fans are among the best in the world.

I'm just replying to Steve's assertation that Liverpool fans are the worst in Europe which I believe is incorrect. There are at least 6 London clubs with a worst reputation than Liverpool, Birmingham and Villa have a very bad reputation, Hull City, Pompey, Leeds to name but a few. We haven't even talked about the Red Army yet....what about the English national team fans who have caused mayhem for decades.

Moving outside of England....Rangers fans, Turkish fans, Italian fans, Eastern European fans.

reder
    UEFA are just trying to cover over the mistakes they made in Athens. Im not trying to defend the idiots who caused trouble. As I said before I am a season ticket holder, I attended all the CL home games and didnt get a ticket in the ballot, so I didnt travel. However many people look at the CL final like a once in a life time event and feel they have to travel. If your team got to a big european final and you didnt get a ticket from your club, would you travel?

This tag of the worst fans in europe in utter nonsense. If you look at football related arrests per club in England we are well down the pecking order. Clubs like Sheffield Utd, Leeds, Man Utd, Chelsea, Millwall etc still have very active firms. On the european scene some of the european clubs have been forced to play their games behind closed doors due to their fans behaviour. Rangers fans have been banned from europe. Obviously Feyenoord are better than us as well having been kicked out of the UEFA cup for kicking off in nearly every match they participated in.

Its just typical uefa nonsense. Why dont they talk about the tens of thousands of neutral section tickets that were sold on the black market for €1,000+. They really just dont care about fans anymore, its all about the corps.

What is most surprising about the latest comments from Mr Gaillard is that on the eve of the final, he commented that Liverpool supporters 'have a tradition of good behaviour'. All of a sudden were are the worst in europe.

Let's not forget that these same supporters who Mr Gaillard is claiming are now the worst in Europe were praised by Uefa President Michel Platini after our semi-final victory against Chelsea only last month, commended for their behaviour in Istanbul in 2005 and actually honoured by Uefa at a gala dinner in Monte Carlo in 2001 as joint Supporters of the Years with Alves after the UEFA Cup final.

Bit strange me thinks.
    Last edited by reder; 04/06/2007 at 1:38 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    With a username like Steve Bruce, I take it you're a Man U fan...or an England B fan.

By talking about steroetypes, I was trying to paint a background picture. There are many in Britain who love to have a go at scousers and dig up age old stereotypes. They can't see any different. I work in a youth offending team over here and the criminal statistics for Nottingham, Birmingham and Manchester are far higher than Liverpool...yet each week Liverpool and Everton fans get abuse about being thieves

Have you ever been to Liverpool?Do you know any scousers?Have you ever lived in England?

or are you one of the newer breed of Man U fans in Ireland that takes on board the Manc/Scouse rivalry as if you were born in Moss Side.
    The last time I was home, some Man U fans in my local were singing about scousers being thieves and Heysel(incidentally this lad looked about 17,) while the liverpool fans were going on about shipman. it left me with a bad taste in my mouth.
    Lived in London, Liverpool and Manchester(lived in Manchester for nearly 9 years)

Moss-side is a rough hole and probably one of the worst crime hit areas. But Again i do not see how this is relevent?

Liverpool have a big long history of European football and Domestic football violence.

Also songs between the two clubs are distasteful. eg the one where Busby and his are lieing in the snow - In reference to the Munich disaster.

reder
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bruce View Post
    Liverpool have a big long history of European football and Domestic football violence.
    List the incidents over the past 10 years.

Obviously Feyenoord are better than us as well, having been kicked out of the UEFA cup for kicking off in nearly every match they participated in.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reder View Post
    UEFA are just trying to cover over the mistakes they made in Athens. Im not trying to defend the idiots who caused trouble. As I said before I am a season ticket holder, I attended all the CL home games and didnt get a ticket in the ballot, so I didnt travel. However many people look at the CL final like a once in a life time event and feel they have to travel. If your team got to a big european final and you didnt get a ticket from your club, would you travel?

This tag of the worst fans in europe in utter nonsense. If you look at football related arrests per club in England we are well down the pecking order. Clubs like Sheffield Utd, Leeds, Man Utd, Chelsea, Millwall etc still have very active firms. On the european scene some of the european clubs have been forced to play their games behind closed doors due to their fans behaviour. Rangers fans have been banned from europe.

Its just typical uefa nonsense. Why dont they talk about the tens of thousands of neutral section tickets that were sold on the black market for €1,000+. They really just dont care about fans anymore, its all about the corps.

What is most surprising about the latest comments from Mr Gaillard is that on the eve of the final, he commented that Liverpool supporters 'have a tradition of good behaviour'. All of a sudden were are the worst in europe.

Let's not forget that these same supporters who Mr Gaillard is claiming are now the worst in Europe were praised by Uefa President Michel Platini after our semi-final victory against Chelsea only last month, commended for their behaviour in Istanbul in 2005 and actually honoured by Uefa at a gala dinner in Monte Carlo in 2001 as joint Supporters of the Years with Alves after the UEFA Cup final.

Bit strange me thinks.
    Man Utd have by far the biggest crowds and they are one of the best behaved supporters in England. I'll dig up the league table to prove it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    List the incidents over the past 10 years.

Obviously Feyenoord are better than us as well, having been kicked out of the UEFA cup for kicking off in nearly every match they participated in.
    10 years - How convenient.

reder
    Man Utd have by far the biggest crowds and they are one of the best behaved supporters in England. I'll dig up the league table to prove it.
    Behave yourself. Look at the PL figures. Mancs are one of the top dogs and you know it. As for europe, inside the ground there was trouble in Lille and Roma and trouble outside the ground at OT v Roma.

Here are the 05-06 stats as an example. Stats

Ok extend that timeline to 20 years. Lets see what else you can dig up other than Heysel.

Also isnt it strange that no paper mentions things like the meeting between Olympiakos and Liverpool fans on the day of the game in Athens, where both sets of fans met and exchange banners and flowers and both were laid in respect to the 21 Olympiakos fans who died on February 8th 1981 at Gate 7.
    Last edited by reder; 04/06/2007 at 1:55 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    April 2005 against Juventus - Trouble
    CL Final this season against Milan - Trouble
    Liverpool Supporters attacked Alan Smiths ambulance that was taking him to the hospital(last season)

Just a few things that come to mind off the top of my head. I'm sure I could trawl the internet and give more examples.

Anyway I might be a bit harsh towards liverpool, they aren't the worst. No police officiers got killed like in Italy.

But Liverpool do seem to have quite a few incidents and I think Liverpool should think of ways of stopping people with no tickets from going to away games.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Behave yourself. Look at the PL figures. Mancs are one of the top dogs and you know it. As for europe, inside the ground there was trouble in Lille and Roma and trouble outside the ground at OT v Roma.

Ok extend that timeline to 20 years. Lets see what else you can dig up other than Heysel.

Also isnt it strange that no paper mentions things like the meeting between Olympiakos and Liverpool fans on the day of the game in Athens, where both sets of fans met and exchange banners and flowers and both were laid in respect to the 21 Olympiakos fans who died on February 8th 1981 at Gate 7.
    Heysel is was desperate and that on it's own is bad enough. Why should I exclude one of the biggest scum things ever to happen in football?

Also the trouble with Lille and Roma was hardly Man Utds fault. I think every one accepts that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    But Liverpool do seem to have quite a few incidents and I think Liverpool should think of ways of stopping people with no tickets from going to away games.
    No Civil Liberties for Scousers?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/footballvi...353991,00.html

quite a bit out dated but it gets across what I am saying about Manchester united. out of 1.04m supporters only 88 arrests where made.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:r...lnk&cd=3&gl=uk

The league table from a couple of years ago. Obviously Uniteds will be quite high as we get considerably higher attendances than anyone. But in comparison to the amount going to our games our arrest per attendance is one of the lowest in the league.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast