Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Denmark Sweden Abandoned last minute?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Denmark Sweden Abandoned last minute?

According to the live score sites? It was 3-3 and a Danish player was sent off so not sure if that had anything to do with it. Bizarre stuff going on. Ref attacked by Danish fan after red carding Poulsen (Denmark) Ref abandons game! 3-0 to Sweden! Unbelievable. Some Danish fans come on to pitch and start kicking ball around!
    Last edited by Noelys Guitar; 02/06/2007 at 8:52 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    The game is in Arse aarhus

kdjac

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ooops, Denmark could be in serious trouble.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Ref attempts to gnaw supporter's arm off in self-defence. http://www.expressen.se/polopoly_fs/...3526442558.jpg
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    what the **** was that stupid idiot thinking?!
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    F*ck me: Its Alan Hunter!
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    fairly harsh to award the game to sweden at that late stage because of one clown. players have done worse to refs in the past without abandonment.
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    Membership Advisory Board
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    Not that harsh - I think he had just awarded Sweden a penalty, almost Anders Frisk-like. Poulsen punched the guy he was marking in the stomach as the were jostling for position at a set piece.

I'd like to see it again to see if the ball was actually in play when the punch happened.

I wish we'd had that ref in Paris when Barthez felled Andy O'Brien in similar circumstances.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts
    Poulsen gave Rosenberg a dig in the belly. This took place in Denmark's box in the 90th minute of the match. Ref didn't see but the linesman did. Ref was on his way to give Poulsen the red card when the idiot runs out onto the pitch.

Good match up to this point. Sweden go 3-0 up early on. Denmark's left-full is having a nightmare and Sweden take full advantage. Denmark get a goal back midway through the first and sub their left-full. Game on again.

All Denmark in the second half and when they get it back to 3-3 the Swedes are clearly panicing. When Poulsen gives Rosenberg the dig there really is no danger to the Danish goal. The ball is in play but the Swedes at this stage of the game are content to keep the ball and waste time. So what Poulsen did is unbelieveably arsed.

Day after the game - both the Danish and Swedish media are full of pictures of the idiot. The Danish football federation is going to sue him for all forthcoming costs and lost revenues. And there's another twist - the idiot lives in Sweden.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    What a muppet. Now if Denmark fail to qualify they have this clown to blame.

UEFA need to be strong and give the result to Sweden. That way it'll prove fans can't run on and try to ruin a football game and have their teams not bear any consequence. Then the Danish FA should ban/sue him.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    If I was a Danish fan I'd be every bit as livid with Poulsen as with the idiot fan. Even if the fan had done nothing it was Poulsen who would have thrown Denmark's great comeback down the pan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Is it true that if the Danish side as forced to play behind closed doors that they are gonna sue the gob ****e?
    Who Cares?!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank View Post
    What a muppet. Now if Denmark fail to qualify they have this clown to blame.

UEFA need to be strong and give the result to Sweden. That way it'll prove fans can't run on and try to ruin a football game and have their teams not bear any consequence. Then the Danish FA should ban/sue him.
    Well elasticating ifk's post and the irony even further, what if it turns out this Danish fan isn't Danish after all? And then, I could pass as an England fan, jump over and wallop the ref if we ever played at Wembley and were losing, and hey presto, England 0 - Ireland 3.

Best idea is to sue the f*ckers a*se and replay the last minute, with the penalty. Whatever you say, you can't blame the DBU and 39,999 people for the actions of 1 space cowboy.
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,002 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopez View Post
    Well elasticating ifk's post and the irony even further, what if it turns out this Danish fan isn't Danish after all? And then, I could pass as an England fan, jump over and wallop the ref if we ever played at Wembley and were losing, and hey presto, England 0 - Ireland 3.

Best idea is to sue the f*ckers a*se and replay the last minute, with the penalty. Whatever you say, you can't blame the DBU and 39,999 people for the actions of 1 space cowboy.

Would you even have to do that?

Surely any punishment will be based on a lack of security? If the penalty had been awarded to Denmark, and an angry Swedish fan had got past poor Danish security and run on to get to the referee, who would be punished - the Danish FA for failing to provide proper security, or the Swedish FA, for having a nutcase in their fanbase?

Replay the last minute, including the penalty, behind closed doors, and play the next couple of Danish home games behind closed doors? Sounds good to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts
    Just to clear it up, the idiot is Danish - but he has been living in Gothenburg for the last few years.

He might get a jail sentence but I think that's unlikely. What's most likely to happen is that Denmark will be forced to play its next home match(es) behind closed doors. If this happens it seems that the Danish FA will sue the idiot for lost revenues. In his defence, the idiot could say that pitchside security was poor/non-existent and that the Danish FA should take part of the blame for what happened. He's also saying that he doesn't remember running in on the pitch because he had taken 15 - 20 beers.

It's also unlikely that the last 3 minutes will be replayed - pretty much everybody here is expecting Sweden to be awarded a 3-0 win. It probably depends on what the other group teams have to say about it - ie Northern Ireland and Spain as an awarded win for Sweden is not good for their qualification chances.

You're right Stuttgart88 - Poulsen isn't at all popular in Denmark atm. If he was a squad player for Denmark, I'm sure his international career would be over now. Luckily for him, he's arguably Denmark's best player so he'll be back in the team after his suspension.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    As far as I know, if a match is abandoned for whatever reason within the last 10(possibly 15 minutes, can't remember) then the score stands - Apart from in certain circumstances that a tribunial rules the score in one of the sides favour.

As a Northern Ireland fan, the 3 nil awarded to Sweden, would suit us no end. We realistically have no chance of topping the group, so it suits us that one team wins the group easily.

If Northern Ireland win our next 3 games I think all we need to do is pick up a point here and a point there against Sweden(away), Spain(away) & Denmark(which is at Windsor)
    The Hallion Battalion Molests football.:D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bruce View Post
    As far as I know, if a match is abandoned for whatever reason within the last 10(possibly 15 minutes, can't remember) then the score stands - Apart from in certain circumstances that a tribunial rules the score in one of the sides favour.
    Freddie Ljungberg said in an interview after the match that he "pushed" the ref into awarding a victory to Sweden. Not exactly sure how to interpret this, but it sounded like that the ref was going to call the result 3-3 until Ljungberg pointed out to him that Sweden had been given a penalty and were, because of this, most likely going to win the match.

But do you not think a draw would be better for NI's qualification chances? I've a feeling both Spain and Sweden aren't going to drop many points in their remaining matches.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ifk101 View Post
    Freddie Ljungberg said in an interview after the match that he "pushed" the ref into awarding a victory to Sweden. Not exactly sure how to interpret this, but it sounded like that the ref was going to call the result 3-3 until Ljungberg pointed out to him that Sweden had been given a penalty and were, because of this, most likely going to win the match.

But do you not think a draw would be better for NI's qualification chances? I've a feeling both Spain and Sweden aren't going to drop many points in their remaining matches.
    No I think a Sweden win is better for NIs chances.

If Sweden can beat Denmark in the next game they play and Spain. That gives NI an opportunity to pick up an extra 3 points over the two.

My hope is Sweden beat everyone round them and NI pick up a credible draw away to them.

I think NI needs Sweden to be the dominent force in this group for us to have any chance of qualifying. If it stays tight, we will lose it as we wont have the goal difference and if we need points away to Spain on our last match we are as good as out.(although I would take having to go into the last match with the requirement of not losing)
    The Hallion Battalion Molests football.:D

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,916 Posts

I´ve watched this numerous times and I still can't get why the ref felt he had to abandon the match? What a fairy. Football emasculated.
    One minute left, all he had to do was allow the penalty and blow up for full time after it. A quick review of the situation would have revealed that there was no furthur risk to anybody. Did the drunk manage to do anything more than attempt to grab the ref's shirt?
    Last edited by pete; 04/06/2007 at 7:49 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast