Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Season tickets

  1. #1
    First Team
    Joined
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,399
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

    Season tickets

    Last season Linfield used books with numbered stubbs in them for season tickets and this has been the method for years.

    This season however we have purchased smart card technology and we will all just have to scan our cards into the machine. The Cards will have our pictures, name and probably address to.

    What way do clubs in the ROI implement the use of Season Tickets?
    The Hallion Battalion Molests football.:D

  2. #2
    First Team paudie's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    1,712
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    28
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Cork City give a laminated card for the season and season ticket holders go through their own gate so the club know how many went to each game.

    Ideally every ticket should be barcoded and scanned on entry.

    UEFA will probably try to introduce barcoding as part of their licencing system at some stage.
    I'm what? I'm ants at a picnic?

  3. #3
    Reserves MyTown's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    594
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bruce View Post
    This season however we have purchased smart card technology and we will all just have to scan our cards into the machine. The Cards will have our pictures, name and probably address to.
    What????? No fingerprinting, DNA Profiling or retina scanning ??????


    On a more serious note, we are doing our best to introduce a bar coding system for next season - but it's only at the discussion stage, and you know how long that might take!
    Less Whining
    Less Moaning

    What are YOU doing to make it better?

  4. #4
    Reserves Danny's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    511
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Pats have the numbered stubs format.

    Have used the swipe card functionality going into the City of Manchester stadium and it works a treat, really cuts down on touts too, altho thats not really a problem

  5. #5
    Godless Commie Scum
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Co Wickla
    Posts
    11,396
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    138
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    656
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    really cuts down on touts too, altho thats not really a problem
    At Pats or the Boo Camp?

    Didn't Bohs introduce a scanning system a couple of years ago, similar to the Linfield proposal?
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

  6. #6
    Apprentice DecBoh's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    At Pats or the Boo Camp?

    Didn't Bohs introduce a scanning system a couple of years ago, similar to the Linfield proposal?
    Yeah but it's not working now, it was for members turnstile. We now show our "smart card" and a nice gentleman notes down our membership number.

  7. #7
    First Team galwayhoop's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,831
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    38
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DecBoh View Post
    We now show our "smart card" and a nice gentleman notes down our membership number.
    i'm sure that the card is still 'smart' but instead the problem is with the 'smart machines/turnstiles'

  8. #8
    First Team endabob1's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Welcome to Cape Town
    Posts
    1,501
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paudie View Post
    Ideally every ticket should be barcoded and scanned on entry.

    UEFA will probably try to introduce barcoding as part of their licencing system at some stage.
    Considering they couldn't do better than a photocopy quality ticket for the Champions league final I wouldn't hold my breath

  9. #9
    First Team Battery Rover's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Limerick
    Posts
    2,487
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    151
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    103
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    We have a laminated card but don't know what they do with it at the gate as I have never used it.

    We do have a seperate turnstyle for season tickets though

    Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter

  10. #10
    Now with extra sauce! Dodge's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Insomnia
    Posts
    23,529
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    663
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,676
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    I thought the laminated cards weren't allowed as each person entering the ground had to provide a ticket

    Suppose this means some clubs count all season ticket holders in their attendance
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

  11. #11
    First Team LeixlipRed's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,500
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Didn't get a season ticket this year but last year ours was a piece of cardboard

  12. #12
    First Team BohsFans's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,661
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bruce View Post
    Last season Linfield used books with numbered stubbs in them for season tickets and this has been the method for years.

    This season however we have purchased smart card technology and we will all just have to scan our cards into the machine. The Cards will have our pictures, name and probably address to.

    What way do clubs in the ROI implement the use of Season Tickets?
    We did use that technology alright, but don't any more.

    Apparently it's too slow and can't cope with the demand coming up to 7:45.

  13. #13
    Seasoned Pro BohsPartisan's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Dublin 7
    Posts
    4,623
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    35
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohsFans View Post
    Apparently it's too slow and can't cope with the demand coming up to 7:45.
    He doesn't work at the turnstiles does he?
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

    The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

    All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

  14. #14
    First Team BohsFans's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,661
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohsPartisan View Post
    He doesn't work at the turnstiles does he?
    No, tunnel kicker is his job!

  15. #15
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Location
    52°29'N 8°36'W
    Posts
    1,508
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    426
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    48
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    I thought the laminated cards weren't allowed as each person entering the ground had to provide a ticket

    Suppose this means some clubs count all season ticket holders in their attendance
    L37 season ticket is a laminated card.
    Season ticket holders are counted as they enter through a particular gate.
    LTID

  16. #16
    First Team
    Joined
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,399
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohsFans View Post
    We did use that technology alright, but don't any more.

    Apparently it's too slow and can't cope with the demand coming up to 7:45.

    You must have brought in the low end model as they use this technology in the Premiership and they have 20 times the crowd any club on this island has.

    I hope Linfield haven't went the cheap route or we could have the same difficulties.
    The Hallion Battalion Molests football.:D

  17. #17
    First Team galwayhoop's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,831
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    38
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bruce View Post
    You must have brought in the low end model as they use this technology in the Premiership and they have 20 times the crowd any club on this island has.

    I hope Linfield haven't went the cheap route or we could have the same difficulties.
    they have it in Celtic Park too and it works a treat. you are in the ground in no time and is a serious improvement on the old voucher system.

  18. #18
    Coach superfrank's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Erotic City
    Posts
    6,945
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    417
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    30
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    We do laminated ones but the plastic's already coming off mine and we're only a third of the way through the season.
    Extratime.ie

    Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

    Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

    Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

  19. #19
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Here. Or there.
    Posts
    2,776
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    57
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    158
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    We've the laminated card too, with spaces for the punch holes around the edges for each game.
    For the gate attendant the novelty of this usually wears off after three or four games, leaving your season ticket apparently proof that every year you give the team up as a bad job before summer!
    Also, there's no special turnstile for us, a lot of us drive in to park inside the ground anyway.
    more bass

  20. #20
    Seasoned Pro holidaysong's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Dublin 9
    Posts
    4,022
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    118
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    123
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Laminated card and just pile in the same turnstile as everyone else.
    www.dundalkfc.com

    Colin Scanlon - hero!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Season Tickets
    By SligoBrewer in forum Sligo Rovers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 21/02/2006, 10:25 PM
  2. Season Tickets etc
    By JohnD in forum Limerick
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24/03/2004, 6:50 PM
  3. Season tickets
    By Rovers Net in forum Sligo Rovers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30/05/2002, 7:36 PM
  4. Season tickets ?
    By dysan in forum Cork City
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29/04/2002, 4:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •