Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Bruce (and other general debate)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Alex Bruce (and other general debate)

What a Donkey.

Thank god he's not Irish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Great post ! What a plonker you are
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct View Post
    Personal abuse allowed is it?

Its my opinion. He was at fault for the goal and caught out of position several times. Donkey.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    lads of subject I know but were is Bennett from??Galway?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bwagner View Post
    lads of subject I know but were is Bennett from??Galway?
    he's from Cork actually. So he's not Irish either

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    I'd say Bruce's regretting turning down the North now
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    I'd say Bruce's regretting turning down the North now
    Must be great to pick and choose your "nationality"

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts

LOL!
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Personal abuse allowed is it?

Its my opinion. He was at fault for the goal and caught out of position several times. Donkey.

What a Hypocrite you are Pablo,

You just called Alex Bruce a Donkey, Is that not personal abuse????

Your right Alex Bruce had a poor game, but if you’re going to throw personal abuse from behind your computer screen then expect it back from others.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    I only saw the second half, but I thought Bruce looked fairly solid in it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    He has a point though Alex Bruce is dire, hopefully we shall never see him in a competitive International. The Paul Butler of his generation. We are desperately short of good central defenders. The only proven decent one we have is Dunne and even he is prone to dodgy mistakes a couple of times per game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    He has a point though Alex Bruce is dire, hopefully we shall never see him in a competitive International. The Paul Butler of his generation. We are desperately short of good central defenders. The only proven decent one we have is Dunne and even he is prone to dodgy mistakes a couple of times per game.
    In fairness to Alex, it was his first game for the senior side, i wouldn't go lambating him too much, I seen McShane play a few games for the U21 and Utd (before he went to WBA) and i though he was shocking, he's come a long way since then and maybe Alex can too. Give him a few more run outs in these friendly games and if he still isn't upto it then fine, afterall what have we to lose, there only friendly matches, these are the games you find out about frindge players like Alex, and you certanly don't judge him on one performance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Breen View Post
    What a Hypocrite you are Pablo,

You just called Alex Bruce a Donkey, Is that not personal abuse????

Your right Alex Bruce had a poor game, but if you’re going to throw personal abuse from behind your computer screen then expect it back from others.

I'm criticising a football player. On a football forum. Shock Horror. Read the forum rules before you start name calling kid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    I'm criticising a football player. On a football forum. Shock Horror. Read the forum rules before you start name calling kid.
    See what happens when you let the children stay up late on a school night!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Once again quick to judge, YoungIrish. Yesterday Potter was a very limited player and we were lacking in centre-midfielders - he proves you wrong. Now your attention turns to Bruce and centre backs is a problem area. Both are young Kids, are learning and will progress. Considering that we have McShane, O'Dea and St Ledger coming through things aren't that bad. The thing about being a supporter is to support, not to snipe and wait for them to fail. Even if he is a limited player, he's wearing a green shirt and trying to win for us, so should be encouraged.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Welll said Manc irish Wolf. Very easy to knock players as there are more bad players than good ones in the world.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Manc Irish Wolf View Post
    Once again quick to judge, YoungIrish. Yesterday Potter was a very limited player and we were lacking in centre-midfielders - he proves you wrong. Now your attention turns to Bruce and centre backs is a problem area. Both are young Kids, are learning and will progress. Considering that we have McShane, O'Dea and St Ledger coming through things aren't that bad. The thing about being a supporter is to support, not to snipe and wait for them to fail. Even if he is a limited player, he's wearing a green shirt and trying to win for us, so should be encouraged.
    Top Post. Most forums have become slating shops for cranks and no one is allowed to question them without being abused.Ive being given far more personal abuse on other Foot.ie forums than the word i used to Pablo but I have been warned for the 1st time ever here over it.
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    785 Posts
    Without agreeing with the sentiments behind the adverse comment, I saw Bruce playing for Wednesday on loan when they were in Division 1 and he didn't impress me then either. I don't believe he'll ever make the grade but at least he is prepared to travel 1000s of miles to play for Ireland and I think the pejorative term "donkey" in the circumstances is both unfair and unkind.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Irish Wolf View Post
    Yeah I was proved wrong by a good 45 minute spell a player had against desperate opposition (they had a player crisis also) all that statement proves is you have no clue about football my friend, you are the sort of armchair supporter that looks at one game and then makes a judgement of a player based on that single game.

So Potter's brilliant now he had one good half of a game? Who is quick to judge? I've been keeping an eye on him for about 4 years now unlike the 90 mins you probably have only ever seen him play. Look at the wolves forums if you think he's such a great talent for the fans opinions. I'll take their opinion over yours thank you very much as they've watched him all season and at best they think he's a fairly average player (in the Championship).

As for Bruce I've seen him numerous times playing for Birmingham and Ipswich again unlike your one game observation and let me say that he is c*ap. Look at my postings on young Irish players over the last few years to see how much my opinion counts. I'm nearly always right about young players (it's frighteningly accurate) as I don't just spout off after watching half a game unlike a few regulars on here. Listen and learn it could do you good.

As for that rubbish you spout about just supporting the player no matter what. More armchair supporter spouting nonsense. We'll see who over time is right about Bruce and Potter (me) there's a section on here btw that hype up every Irish player to ridiculous levels that they've ever seen (Partridge, Flood, Barrett all spring to mind in recent years) so pay them no mind as they don't have a balanced opinion.
    Last edited by youngirish; 24/05/2007 at 10:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    Yeah I was proved wrong by a good 45 minute spell a player had agaisnt desperate opposition (they had a player crisis also) all that statement proves is you have no clue about football my friend, you are the sort of armchair supporter that looks at one game and then makes a judgement of a pleyer based on that game.

Potter's brilliant now he had one good half of a game? Who is quick to judge? I've been keeping an eye on him for about 4 years now unlike the 90 mins you probably have only ever seen him play. Look at the wolves forums if you think he's such a great talent for the fans opinions. I'll take their opinion over you as they've watched him all season and at best they think he's fairly average.

As for Bruce I've seen him numerous times playing for Birmingham and Ipswich again unlike your one game observation and let me say that he is c*ap. Look at my postings on young Irish players over the last few years to see how much my opinion counts. I'm nearly always right about young players (It's frighteningly accurate) as I don't just spout off after watching half a game unlike a few regulars on here. Listen and learn it could do you good.

As for just support no matter what. More armchair supporter spouting nonsense.

Youngirish how do you know that Manc Irish Wolf does not go to see Wolves week in week out.

"I'm nearly always right about young players (It's frighteningly accurate) as I don't just spout off after watching half a game unlike a few regulars on here"

Quote of the year on this forum. Why dont you go home and make love to yourself. Talk about patting yourself on the back.
    In Trap we trust

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast