Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: TV Programmes You'd Recommend To A Friend

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    The Honorable Woman starts on BBC4 at 9pm on Thursday, Look good. More info http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014...nourable-woman
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Finished Rick and Morty in double quick time. The worst part of getting onto a programme relatively early is that there's nothing left to watch now after the first season.

It's absolutely off the wall. My perfect comedy.

Thoroughly recommended.

To the point I'm gonna restart it now tonight.

EDIT: And it can be seen here:- http://video.adultswim.com/rick-and-morty/
    Last edited by BonnieShels; 10/07/2014 at 4:17 AM.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Dont know if it was mentioned but Utopia is excellent. Started watching it today, and loving it. Pretty gruesome in parts but dig all the conspiracies, ha. Coincidentally the second season is on Channel four tonight.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    Dont know if it was mentioned but Utopia is excellent. Started watching it today, and loving it. Pretty gruesome in parts but dig all the conspiracies, ha. Coincidentally the second season is on Channel four tonight.
    Re watched the first season online last week as I knew 2nd was starting this week then I completely forgot about it until flicking channels tuesday night and it was halfway though 2nd episode will download/watch online at later date

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    What you think of it?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    What you think of it?
    Enjoied the first season looking forward to 2nd

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/bi...food-1.2044322

I had a link to protest/petition against this sent to me on linkedin, am still trying to figure if it's just a New Year wind up. Unless it is hilariously funny.....

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    903 Posts
    Wow! Just wow. Though he's right - we do black humour very well. I see he plans on calling the sitcom 'Hunger'. Presumably because the conditions weren't right for Blight; Spud and Potato were rotten (thanks, IMDB, for those three!) the CHiPs were down, and Skins and Roots really were no substitute for the real thing... Very disappointed he didn't consider Hot Tuber Time Machine, mind you.

Come to think of it, what better title could he have had than to call the comedy (drumroll...) Spudulika? The trials and tribulations of the eponymous Spud when Mr and Mrs Blight buy the house next door, with hilarious consequences.

Now that's one I'd watch!
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

9. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    903 Posts
    Oh! And just spotted this on the Beeb website.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-30554336

Should be something there for everybody to look forward to.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,332 Posts
    been ploughing through* the episodes from the first series of The Affair: http://www.sho.com/sho/the-affair/home
    A married man and woman have a summer affair while he's staying with his wife and her parents during the summer. The story is told from both their perspectives as they answer questions separately from a detective about an accident, with slight variations throughout. Excellent performances throughout, would definitely recommend it.

*pun not intended, but sort of intended
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,332 Posts
    Bob Chipman, a former writer with thescapist.com, also known as moviebob, has his own channel on youtube now, and produces a show called "Really That Good?"
    It's an examination of not only is a film good, but why it's good

The first show he did was on Ghostbusters, embedded below, but he's also covered Die Hard and the first Avengers movie. If you have a half hour to spare, I'd recommend watching it
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Have seen the 1st 3 eps of the second season of True Detective with Vince Vaughn.......oy vey. I realize the plan all along was to bring in a whole new cast and maybe the only place to go was down but....jeez. honestly I think it's terrible. I don't hate Vince Vaughn per se, I actually agree with almost everything he says politically. But he's not right for this imo (its been panned by the critics too). Guess Woody Harrelson and that other idiot with the Lincoln commercials are a tougher act to follow than the writers thought!
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    Have seen the 1st 3 eps of the second season of True Detective with Vince Vaughn.......oy vey. I realize the plan all along was to bring in a whole new cast and maybe the only place to go was down but....jeez. honestly I think it's terrible. I don't hate Vince Vaughn per se, I actually agree with almost everything he says politically. But he's not right for this imo (its been panned by the critics too). Guess Woody Harrelson and that other idiot with the Lincoln commercials are a tougher act to follow than the writers thought!
    I've stopped from episode four. Maybe I'll revisit at some stage but I'm utterly disappointed. Series 1 was just awesome. The two main characters were perfect, as far as I'm concerned. And the storyline had enough sinister undercurrents and twists to ensure it wasn't overshadowed by the indulgent directing.

At the moment, I'm watching two things:
    Ray Donovan- third season. For anyone who hasn't watched it, watch it. Really enjoyable with good acting aplenty (Live Schreiber, Jon Voight and even Katie Holmes). I'd recommend it highly.
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I'm rewatching it on Netflix. It's my favourite comedy after Curb Your Enthusiasm and it hasn't let me down on the rewatches. Recommended for anyone who enjoys their comedy somewhat black.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Tyrant - Israeli-US take on a little desert kingdom, feuding family, gay son, dark past and internal divisions. Throw in islamic fundies and sexual intrigue and you've something that passes the time. It's a little predictable at times and some of the dialogue and scenes make you cringe, but it's worth a watch.

The Goldbergs - 1980's, funny, ironic, great acting. Waiting for season 3, 1st 2 seasons were really good. It's a set piece comedy told in a retrospective way by the director. It's fast paced and the comedian Jeff Garling makes it really good. And if you grew up in the '80s and remember NKOTB, you will laugh.

Impastor - New US serial, gambler is rescued from suicide by a preacher (gay) who dies. Gambler steals his identity and goes to tend to his new flock. Some genuinely funny moments in this though it kind of wears out a little after episode 5. Mircea Monroe from Episodes is underused, but always nice to look at, while David Rasche (from Sledgehammer) has some funny moments as a local bigwig head of the church.

Anyone seen Silicon Valley? I don't know when the new series is out, but it's better and better the more it goes on. Geekily funny.
    http://www.championat.com/bets/artic...r-week-16.html

Giving the Russians a weekly taste of our glorious LOI!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    Anyone seen Silicon Valley? I don't know when the new series is out, but it's better and better the more it goes on. Geekily funny.
    Yep, awesome show. Second series finished a few months ago, presumably there will be a third in the new year.
    First series was better, but not by much. Nothing will ever top the "mean jerk time" calculations scene. They got some guys in from Stanford to work out the formulas!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Yep, awesome show. Second series finished a few months ago, presumably there will be a third in the new year.
    First series was better, but not by much. Nothing will ever top the "mean jerk time" calculations scene. They got some guys in from Stanford to work out the formulas!
    Some of the ways the big tech company (can't remember the name but the one they used to work at) behaved towards employees and projects were priceless. Like promoting the little black curlyheaded guy to manager and the scene where they build a cannon.....

I read they'll have a 3rd series, will be interesting to see how they'll continue!
    http://www.championat.com/bets/artic...r-week-16.html

Giving the Russians a weekly taste of our glorious LOI!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,332 Posts
    If you liked Daredevil on Netflix, its successor in the "Defenders" series, Jessica Jones, is being released at the end of November.
    Here's the trailer

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    I've been enjoying The Last Kingdom on BBC2 lately, an adaptation of Bernard Cromwell's novel(s) about Saxon resistance to Viking occupation. As a bonus it turns out one of the actors used to play for Strømsgodset as well.

Also, Rick and Morty is absolutely incredible viewing.
    A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes for his friends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Some of the ways the big tech company (can't remember the name but the one they used to work at) behaved towards employees and projects were priceless. Like promoting the little black curlyheaded guy to manager and the scene where they build a cannon.....

I read they'll have a 3rd series, will be interesting to see how they'll continue!
    I milled through it in a week. Not since Rick and Morty, The Newsroom, The Thick of It, The Office (original) or The West Wing have I been completely hooked on a show so thoroughly.

Such a shame about Christopher Evan Welch. His character was tremendous.

My favourite scene(s) so far in either series was him discussing sesame seeds:

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Gregory
    "Have many of you ever eaten at Bur-gur King?

Well, I was just driven past one. And while I know that their market cap is $7 billion plus, I realize I am unfamiliar with their offerings. Is it popular among your peers? Is it. . . enjoyed?

And their selection consists solely of these bur-gurs of which they are presumably king [tiny laugh]?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Also, Rick and Morty is absolutely incredible viewing.
    It surely is. There are hundreds of clips I could shout as my favourite and indeed lines that I love.

But this scene in Season 2 I found so funny I couldn't laugh (if that makes sense):

Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast