Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Quinn M Mansfield b.1986

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts

Stephen Quinn M Mansfield b.1986

I'm sure there has to be a thread for this guy here but I can't seem to find it.

Just scored to put Hull 1-0 up at Burnley with a strike from outside the box. A win would take them back into the automatic promotion spots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Hull are now 3 points off first-placed Cardiff but with two more games played. Cardiff host the doc's off-colour Leicester City tonight, but with nine games to go there is an outside chance Hull or another team could snatch first.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Hopefully cardiff dont throw it away now would love to see them go up. Hoping for watford to get up automatically too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    What do you like so much about those teams?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Ah just always like cardiff and they have been there or therabouts over the last few years and would be good to see them finally up.. i like watford and would be good to have zola back managing in the premier

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    How do you feel about Cardiff's recent re-branding? I had nothing against them before but that's really turned me off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Ah if i was a cardiff fan id be very un-easy about it i mean foreigners coming in and changing the image of the club its just ridiculous and shouldnt be allowed happen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Looks like a movement is building for you patty:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f759dGQcA-Y

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    How do you feel about Cardiff's recent re-branding? I had nothing against them before but that's really turned me off.
    I'd be the same as you CD. I defintiely would prefer Hull promoted instead of them.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    "Quinn has been nicknamed by fans as 'Quinniesta' due to Quinn's playing style that is similar to the Iniesta the Spain and Barcelona Star. Quinn's impressive first season with The Tigers was rewarded by an international call-up for Geovanni Trapottoni's Republic of Ireland squad on 27th May, 2013"

This guy seems to have slipped under the radar a bit, but he is premiership now and just called up so perhaps he deserves a mention
    a bit of attention on here?

Indeed

The honour of Players' Player of the Season was bestowed upon Quinn, at the club's awards night, towards the end of a successful first season at the club

Would not be surprised if Trap plays him!!
    Kind of interesting he gets player of the season and barely a word said about him but lots said about the other Irish there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    He's not that far under the radar - he's already had a season in the Premier League. He opted to stay with Sheffield United as they slid down to League One in spite of a lot of interest from above.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    He's not that far under the radar - he's already had a season in the Premier League. He opted to stay with Sheffield United as they slid down to League One in spite of a lot of interest from above.
    Yes I was thinking not much said about him on this forum but lot of team mates Brady Meyler and McShane.

However as you said in your first post surely there was another thread about him on here at sometime,
    but I can't find it either.

http://foot.ie/threads/165528-PFA-Aw...=1#post1590082

Darren Potter, Stephen Gleeson and Stephen Quinn in the League One XI: http://www1.skysports.com/football/n.../League-One-XI

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n.../League-One-XI

Stephen Quinn (Sheffield United): While star striker Ched Evans and midfield ace Kevin McDonald have, deservedly, been snagging most of the headlines for Sheffield United this season, midfield stalwart Quinn has been unassumingly knocking up the best assists tally in the league, with 14 to his name so far. The pint-sized Irishman, who made his Blades debut back in 2005, has also netted four league goals to aid the club's promotion push. Quinn was one of the few bright sparks in United's dismal campaign last term and carried that momentum into this season, producing a string of diligent, committed displays.
    So league one team of the season and then club player of the year.

That's impressive considering his team won promotion.

There is an argument for him starting against England!!
    Last edited by tricky_colour; 27/05/2013 at 2:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    And here is someone making that argument!!

http://garethmaher.com/2013/01/13/st...-mighty-quinn/

Stephen Quinn – You’ve seen nothing like the Mighty Quinn
    Articles, Irish Daily Mail - 13. 1. 2013

There comes a time when stubbornness, tactical systems and old-fashioned ways should be trumped by black-and-white statistics, but Stephen Quinn is still waiting for that day to arrive.

Inching towards the peak years of his career, the 26-year-old boasts some of the most impressive statistics of an Irish player abroad from recent seasons, yet a call-up to the Republic of Ireland squad has never come.

The Dubliner wonders just what he has to do to break into Giovanni Trapattoni’s plans after topping the assists charts in League One for Sheffield United last term and earning a place on the Team of the Year.

Those are insignificant rewards to the midfielder when he lands in Dublin Airport during international breaks and heads for the family home in Clondalkin, while three of his club-mates set off for Portmarnock for Ireland training.

Every time that happens, it hurts that little bit more. Although it is something that Quinn is determined to change and it explains why he left Sheffield United to join promotion-chasing Hull City in the Championship last summer.

It was time for a new chapter; one that he hopes includes international football and a regular place alongside Paul McShane, David Meyler and Robbie Brady on that short trip from the airport to the Ireland base.

In order to get there, he must keep producing the kind of stats that he has been. At least that’s the message from his club boss, Steve Bruce, who only recently told the former Under 21 international midfielder just how good they are.

‘It’s funny because one of the things that the manager [Bruce] said to me when he was looking at signing me was that my stats were really impressive. I never really looked at them before,’ said Quinn.

‘He said that he couldn’t believe the deal that he was getting, because it was little or nothing for someone producing the kind of stats that I was. That was nice to hear and I suppose it backs up the form that I have been in.’

While his tally of assists and chances on goal per game make his name stand out on paper, it is Quinn’s link-up play, runs off the ball and clever positioning that allow him to get into areas where he can notch up those laudable figures.

However, he feels that Ireland manager Trapattoni might view him as a player who can only operate in a certain role, which means his versatility is overlooked, just as it once was for Keith Fahey and Wes Hoolahan.

If that is indeed the case, then it only provides extra motivation to dismantle that theory. Although, he has needed some reassurance fro older brother Alan, who was capped eight times for Ireland, to keep on believing in himself.

Confidence has rarely been something that the bubbly Quinn has needed to search for, but sometimes you need a little help from your friends and that is where the three Irish amigos at Hull come in.

‘When I was playing in League One, I was realistic and said that I probably didn’t have much of a chance of getting a call-up. But now I’m playing in a team flying high in the Championship,’ said Quinn.

‘Don’t get me wrong, Trapattoni has done a great job with Ireland and there is no bitterness about players who deserve to be there. I just want to get one chance to show the manager what I can do – even if it is in a training session.

‘Sometimes I think that maybe I’m not his sort of player, that he sees me as a small midfielder that wouldn’t fit into his system. But I’ll never stop trying to get into the squad; I’d give my right arm to play just one game.

‘I know that the manager here [Bruce] has been praising me in the media and putting in a few calls, which is great. But hopefully having three Ireland internationals here will help, because if a scout comes to watch them, maybe I can catch their eye.’

Tonight might just be Quinn’s lucky night in that regard. No, Trapattoni will not be braving the cold winds to sit in the KC Stadium, but the visit of Sheffield Wednesday is live on TV, which means a recording could be Milan-bound.

Rather than treating it as a solo audition to enhance his international prospects, Quinn wants to impress by helping his team win. After all, the better that Hull do, the more he will get noticed.

‘The season has gone really well for us so far. We are in a good position, playing nice football and now signing the two lads [Brady and Meyler] will give us that extra boost,’ he said.

‘We would like to think that we can make it up to the Premier League this season. That is why the manager came in, it is why Brady and Meyler have signed permanently, and it is what a club like this expects. But there is still a bit to go yet.’

That goes for his international hopes, too. Quinn has no intention of giving up the fight to earn that senior call-up and prove that he belongs at that level.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    "I'd give my right arm just to play one game".

Love it.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    Yes, but he's left handed so it's not as much a sacrifice as you think!

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Back on the bench today against Man City, alongside Meyler and McShane. Brady starts.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Came on and looked lively against a City side that were shaky in the last 10 mins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    On the bench this afternoon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast