Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Preview: Kerry League v Cork City

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Post Preview: Kerry League v Cork City

Preview: Kerry League v Cork City

Cork City visit Kerry as they tackle the Kerry League in the second round of the eircom League of Ireland Cup. Having picked up a vital win in the make or break league game with St. Pats on Thursday, Damien Richardson will be looking for his side to put together a decent run of form.

Kerry League vs Cork City
    (Mount Hawk Park - 7:45 pm - League Cup - 2nd Round)
    Referee : Alan Kelly

Although Cork would generally be expected to field a number of fringe players for this sort of game, it remains to be seen if they have enough strength in depth to rest too many of their usual matchday squad players. Cork City are again without Colm Carroll and Sean Kelly through injury.

Read more at www.irishfootballonline.com
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Up- date Kerry League 1-0 Cork City Conway penalty 39 minute......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    you dont know what the team is like?
    Life isn't all beer and football...some of us haven't touched a football in months

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie View Post
    you dont know what the team is like?
    I dont sorry ..

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Kerry League D Con way 1-1 Cork City og.S Conway Kerry League down to 10 men Mahony sent off.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Woods was also sent off...Extra time being played now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ccfcgirl View Post
    Woods was also sent off...Extra time being played now
    ****, will that carry over to the league?
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    Membership Advisory Board
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    Yes if you get knocked out. Otherwise, no - next League Cup game.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    City won 4-3 on penaltys yes........

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Match Report from Counting Crow

There were disgraceful scenes in Kerry last night at the Kerry Lge v City League Cup match.

Mark McNulty was booed on 2 occasions and called a 'langer' by Kerry fans on one other occasion. Stuart Ashton and Rico raced on to the pitch after the penalty shoot out to console the young 'keeper, immediately throwing their arms around him to protect him from this 'savage attack'.

McNulty was visibly shaken by the 'bile' fired at him from the 20 strong Kerry following congregated in the 'Kop' end of the ground.

He said to reporters after the game; "I never want to play down here again. I always used to come down here for my summer holidays when I was young, but after this 'barracking' I don't think I could ever cross the border again. How anyone could boo someone once, not to mind say twice is beyond me. I don't think I'll even be able to use Kerrygold on my toast again. It's Margarine for me from now on."

Damian Richardson was also vocal in his disgust of the incidents saying; "In all my time involved in football I have never heard such intimidation. To actually hear my 'keeper being booed for all of 15 seconds when he took that last goal kick appalled me. The lad was visibly upset and then to hear the old geezer in the crowd mutter that Nuts was a "Langer" just capped it off."

Joe Gamble said after; "I think it's all down to Dennis Behan. He's useless. In fact all the players are useless except me."

Roy O'Donovan said; "I still haven't been offered a contract for me to reject."

It is believed that Cork City are contemplating taking these incidents further. They have already sent in a complaint to the League, FAI, The Evening Echo, The Star, Trevor Welch, The PFA, The Kerry Co Council, Roddy Collins (just to **** him off), Mark McNulty (this was a mistake - they have since rung Mark and told him to ignore it), UEFA and FIFA.

We await further news on the situation.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thats ridiculous!

i was playing last night for the Kerry league and this claims are clearly mad! Cork city brought down a under strength team thinking they would run threw us. all they did was moan all the match and complain to the ref at every oppurtunity! their so called big time charlies couldnt handle being in a real match. As for the sending off's we got rode by the ref. the cork city player kicked our player off the ball and our player retaliated and he gets sent off yet nothing for city player. As for billy woods he behaved like a child last night and deserved all he got. At 1 stage our female physio was on the pitch giving treatment to 1 of our players and he said " get off the pitch you stupid bitch" some ambassador for football. as for Mark nulty the keeper he was shouting abuse at all the kerry players last night and deserved any abuse he got back. Cork should stop moaning and concentrate on their football

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchy View Post
    As for the sending off's we got rode by the ref.
    I believe the phrase is Ridden Rock Solid and thats Trademarked.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i was playing last night for the Kerry league and this claims are clearly mad! Cork city brought down a under strength team thinking they would run threw us. all they did was moan all the match and complain to the ref at every oppurtunity! their so called big time charlies couldnt handle being in a real match. As for the sending off's we got rode by the ref. the cork city player kicked our player off the ball and our player retaliated and he gets sent off yet nothing for city player. As for billy woods he behaved like a child last night and deserved all he got. At 1 stage our female physio was on the pitch giving treatment to 1 of our players and he said " get off the pitch you stupid bitch" some ambassador for football. as for Mark nulty the keeper he was shouting abuse at all the kerry players last night and deserved any abuse he got back. Cork should stop moaning and concentrate on their football
    uh, he wasn't serious. nice first post though.
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    Membership Advisory Board
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Hey Dutchy take a few deep breaths and read it again its a **** take!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Are those my feet" Fr Jack Hackett

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    sorry mate though he was being serious, just kinda worked up over it cos we gave it everything last nite and deserved something. but that is football i guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    sorry mate though he was being serious, just kinda worked up over it cos we gave it everything last nite and deserved something. but that is football i guess.
    Dutchy, he was winding. It was a parody of another completely ridiculous situation in Turners Cross recently, and whats more it was spot on !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Must say i thought he was being serious too
    COBH RAMBLERS- FIRST DIVISION CHAMPIONS '07

Equality for the rams:(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    Dutchy, he was winding. It was a parody of another completely ridiculous situation in Turners Cross recently, and whats more it was spot on !!
    That wouldnt happen to be the Pats game would it??!!!! Their keeper got an absolute roasting from the Shed! Johnny McDonnell should have been warned as to his conduct it seemed to me from where I was sitting that he gave the Shed the finger.
    "Are those my feet" Fr Jack Hackett

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tir Oilean View Post
    That wouldnt happen to be the Pats game would it??!!!! Their keeper got an absolute roasting from the Shed! Johnny McDonnell should have been warned as to his conduct it seemed to me from where I was sitting that he gave the Shed the finger.
    Poor auld Johnny, what will we do with him i wonder ??