Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1520

Thread: Damien Duff

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    can the mods remove the "create new post" option for users?
    There are mods here? The only one I've seen is the guy who posts exclusively complaining about Delaney.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts
    We defo need an extra mod in this section, there's only 1 at the moment, place needs a good clean up after the last few days of pointless topics popping up all over the shop, its getting on my nerves too.

3. Thanks From:

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    We defo need an extra mod in this section, there's only 1 at the moment, place needs a good clean up after the last few days of pointless topics popping up all over the shop, its getting on my nerves too.

Perhaps you shoudl see a psychiatrist ?

Sounds like obsessive compulsive disorder to me.

The form has always been like that, people are just getting upset because Ireland lost.

If you removed all the pointless threads and posts you would be pretty much down to the ads.

The forum like our playing style is too inflexible we need to be able to adapt to different styles
    with a more flexible approach.

The old style of rigidly enforced roles and discipline does not work in the modern game
    the Spanish team are always changing shape and style.
    Last edited by tricky_colour; 25/06/2012 at 3:44 PM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    Tricky, you could just gracefully accept that the constant thread hopping is annoying a lot of people and say fair enough. We'll all move on and everything will be grand.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
    Well click it and find out! This is the tried and trusted method employed by the vast majority of users.

The article doesn't state that he missed the wedding.

"but was told in no uncertain terms to show up as instructed." that pretty much indicates he missed the wedding unless it stated otherwise.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    I don't post often here, generally just read along, and I have to agree and say - as a complete neutral - that new threads for topics that already have established threads are really annoying and that t_c should take a back seat for a few days. If things continue as they are, foot.ie will descend to the lowest common denominator that seems to be the level of a lot of internet forums. We don't need a new thread for every bit of wild speculation.

And, folks, at least try to check your spelling and grammar and facts (last 8 in 2002 would have been nice, but it didn't happen) before you post, read your post once over before hitting "send" - after all, if your post shows that you put a bit of care into it, it's more likely other readers will take it seriously.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    can the mods remove the "create new post" option for users?
    Yes but them we will have to stick with the same players and manager for the next 2,000,000 years!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p2011 View Post
    I don't post often here, generally just read along, and I have to agree and say - as a complete neutral - that new threads for topics that already have established threads are really annoying and that t_c should take a back seat for a few days. If things continue as they are, foot.ie will descend to the lowest common denominator that seems to be the level of a lot of internet forums. We don't need a new thread for every bit of wild speculation.

And, folks, at least try to check your spelling and grammar and facts (last 8 in 2002 would have been nice, but it didn't happen) before you post, read your post once over before hitting "send" - after all, if your post shows that you put a bit of care into it, it's more likely other readers will take it seriously.
    First off there are no topics, topics have effectively been banned and threads have to be on players names or a few other
    things which in themselves are not a topic rather a group of topics.

Fact is there are very few people who support you idea unless we are to believe the forum consists of a handful of people
    (a damming incitement in itself).

The forum no longer has a "number of people viewing" a thread anymore, maybe because it is embarrassingly low number.
    Unsurprisingly when the forum is totally unnavigable.

And as you hardly ever post here that does not give much validity to your view, which is not based on any valid argument
    rather than on a number of logical fallacies.

Just because you are also wrong does not make an invalid view right.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/falla...to-belief.html

Appeal to Belief is a fallacy that has this general pattern:

Most people believe that a claim, X, is true.
    Therefore X is true.
    And you have not even established most people agree with you, those who disagree are likely to have left the forum.

I can't be expected t read ever post in every thread to see if a point has been made before.
    That's just insane.

But clearly as you base your arguments on false logic there is little point discussing it with you or those of similar minds

You can't have a logical discussion with some who does not use logic.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    Welcome to the madhouse p2011!

Post more often - you make sense to me.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,915 Posts
    A part of the madness is that members keep posting in the off the cuff threads and yet bemoan the thread overgrowth.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post
    First off there are no topics, topics have effectively been banned and threads have to be on players names or a few other

Fact is there are very few people who support you idea unless we are to believe the forum consists of a handful of people

The forum no longer has a "number of people viewing" a thread anymore, maybe because it is embarrassingly low number.

And as you hardly ever post here that does not give much validity to your view, which is not based on any valid argument

And you have not even established most people agree with you, those who disagree are likely to have left the forum.

I can't be expected t read ever post in every thread to see if a point has been made before.
    That's just insane.

But clearly as you base your arguments on false logic there is little point discussing it with you or those of similar minds

It sure is!!!! Though maybe T_C is being unbelievably clever here by stating that the people trying to block (dam) him from making new threads are leading him to make these angry replies (incitement). BOOM BOOM!!!!

Anyway, Im like the other poster, I dont post very much, but I agree with everything they outlined about the new thread creation craic. I guess that means the above quoted sh1te applies to me as well. See, there are quite a few people reading these forums regularly without posting regularly
    Havin a weekend away is quite frankly,lettin ur team mates down!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    My 2 cents: One of the reasons I use this forum is because it's relatively better organised than others and there aren't dozens of threads on the same thing or threads with quasi cryptic titles from attention seeking posters. If we're talking about Damien Duff then it makes sense to use the "Damien Duff" thread probably...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post

That's just insane.

In my opinion, the forum has gone to pot over the last 7 days. That's my opinion. Seems simple enough and logic (or logical fallacy etc. etc.) sounds like way too big a word for it. Others seem to agree. And don't tell me or anyone else they don't have "validity" because they don't post that often, that's just plain unacceptable.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    PS: I'm out of this discussion now. It's only wasting others' time and I think we're into the area of trolling at this stage.

Back on topic:
    There should be a statue erected to the Duffer in Dublin if he does hang up the Ireland boots at the 100 mark. His attitude in Poland was A1 from start to finish. Pity he has had a relatively unfulfilled career. Would like to see more the team spread around the continent winning trophies rather than sitting out time at Newcastle and the like in England.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p2011 View Post
    PS: Pity he has had a relatively unfulfilled career. .
    2 Premier League Titles, 2 League Cups, 1 Charity Shield, Europa Cup runner up with nearly 70 European performances would argue different.

20. Thanks From:

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRed View Post
    2 Premier League Titles, 2 League Cups, 1 Charity Shield, Europa Cup runner up with nearly 70 European performances would argue different.
    Yes, all true and he has of course had a very fine career with hopefully more to come. However just as an example, he and Arjen Robben are of similar age and in their Chelsea days were evenly matched for much of it in terms of contribution. Since then Robben has won titles and cups in both Spain and Germany. Duff has not, I think he has never let us down in an Ireland shirt, but it would have been brilliant to see him have that type of club career also. He was good enough.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,915 Posts
    Twice World Cup player of the tournament, in his position.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    No reason why he can't continue, Giggs has played 200 games since he was 33 and won 10 trophies. No signs of letting up either.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Mladen Petric has signed for Fulham, in theory he can play in Duffs position, but more likely (and his more orthodox position) the Croatian will be a striker, as they missed out on getting Pogrebnyak permanently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Yes, all true and he has of course had a very fine career with hopefully more to come. However just as an example, he and Arjen Robben are of similar age and in their Chelsea days were evenly matched for much of it in terms of contribution. Since then Robben has won titles and cups in both Spain and Germany. Duff has not, I think he has never let us down in an Ireland shirt, but it would have been brilliant to see him have that type of club career also. He was good enough.
    Robben is 28; Duffer 33.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

26. Thanks From:

Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast