Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Damien Duff

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    I am a little concerned about Duff too, it might be nothing, but then
    again you never know, he does tend to be the injury prone type.
    However there has been nothing in the news about it so hopefully
    wll will be well.
    Though Finnan had a good game, rarely troubled, Robben seemed to just
    to tackle himself when Finnan was marking him

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    Chelsea have really done well in managing Duff's tendency to have hamstring problems. He's played almost every game since September which would have been unthinkable at Blackburn.

The fact that he trained on Monday suggests it's a short-term problem. Chelsea's season is now pretty much over so a 5 week rest will hopefully serve Duff well.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    For me Mourinho AND Kerr (China WTF??) should have been a bit more economic in his appearences lately knowing the run in for the title and the CL was due.

He done alot more work than he was given credit for after Robben went out injured i think... I mean Robben making the PFA team of the year was a joke and Joe Cole plays a couple of decent games and is hailed by the brittish media. Had Duffer been English like Lampard or Terry we'd know all about it.

There's a sense of satisfaction for me in Chelseas loss in that it highlighted duffers absense...... But on the night I was rooting for them because I wanted a fit and rested Duffer in the final

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Its actually amazing the stats of Chelsea with and without Duff.

Only including Duff's time on the pitch, Chelsea have only lost 4 times. Those matches were:

Barca
    City
    Bolton
    Villa

He played in the following defeats but they didn't lose with him on the pitch. I'll explain it better with a comment:

Bayern - Duff went off when Chelsea were winning. Goals scored with Duff on: 2-1 to chelsea.
    Newcastle - Duff came on when Chelsea were 1-0 down. Goals scored with Duff on: 0-0.
    Porto - Duff got taken off when Chelsea were winning. Goals scored with Duff on: 1-0 to Chelsea.
    Besiktas - Duff came on at half time. Goals scored with Duff on: 0-0.
    Arsenal - Duff went off when Chelsea were drawing. Goals scored with Duff on: 1-1.
    Villa - Duff went off at 1-1.

When you consider that Duff has played 84 times for Chelsea that really is an amazing stat. Less than 5% of their matches are defeats with Duff in the team.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    785 Posts
    On 98 FM Sport this am it quoted Mourinho that his priority with Duff was to have him ready for next season and that the Faroes and Israel game were out.

Worried

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    When did he actually get the injury and is it definitely
    a Hamstring.Jesus I hope this is only speculation re. what Mourinho has allegedlysaid.Duff is one player we just cant afford to lose and if its a Hamstring i would be extremely
    worried at this stage.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    Its actually amazing the stats of Chelsea with and without Duff.

Only including Duff's time on the pitch, Chelsea have only lost 4 times. Those matches were:

Barca
    City
    Bolton
    Villa

He played in the following defeats but they didn't lose with him on the pitch. I'll explain it better with a comment:

Bayern - Duff went off when Chelsea were winning. Goals scored with Duff on: 2-1 to chelsea.
    Newcastle - Duff came on when Chelsea were 1-0 down. Goals scored with Duff on: 0-0.
    Porto - Duff got taken off when Chelsea were winning. Goals scored with Duff on: 1-0 to Chelsea.
    Besiktas - Duff came on at half time. Goals scored with Duff on: 0-0.
    Arsenal - Duff went off when Chelsea were drawing. Goals scored with Duff on: 1-1.
    Villa - Duff went off at 1-1.

When you consider that Duff has played 84 times for Chelsea that really is an amazing stat. Less than 5% of their matches are defeats with Duff in the team.
    Another interesting Duff stat: He's only scored 1 goal for Chelsea since December. Not been in form for a while now. I doubt he'd have made much difference last night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firestarter
    Another interesting Duff stat: He's only scored 1 goal for Chelsea since December. Not been in form for a while now. I doubt he'd have made much difference last night.
    Off form or not he'd have been miles better than some of the dross Chelsea had out there. Anyway, tiredness was his main problem and he'd had a few matches out with injury before it, so that should have been that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firestarter
    Its no coincidence that Joe Cole has gone from playing his best football of his career to being pretty anonymous in the 2 Liverpool matches when Duff was not there. Its also no coincidence that Chelsea got just 2 shots on target in the 180 minutes. Duff doesn't have to play well, everyone else gets more space with him in the team. Lampard would have got double the amount of shots on target alone if he wasn't been marked so tightly.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    one thing that struck me over the two legs was the number of last ditch defending and tackles, Particularly from Troare and Carragher...
    Duff would either have exploited them once they commited OR have won the set peice... Either way he would've made a world of difference.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,713 Posts
    And regardless of how his general play is the quality of Duff's crossing hasn't dropped. Whether Drogba would have exploited it is another story though. And Lampard's corners and wide frees were well short of Duff's standard.

I wouldn't be too critical of the drop in Duff's goal output as a big goal return isn't what ypou expect from him anyway.

I think Duff would definitely have made a difference.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Duff not in the Chelsea squad that play at home to Charlton today where they will recieve the Premiership on completion of the match. Anyone know for sure if this fella is gonna makre it June 4th? I sincerely hope so...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Duff injury

any news on seriousness of Duffs injury?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    www.rte.ie/sport

The Chelsea winger hobbled off just after the hour with a twisted knee which now makes him doubtful for Wednesday, with Kerr confirming: "He is quite sore. It's early yet, but he has to be very doubtful at this stage."

That's all I've seen so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    cant see duffer making it for wednesday. he looked like a cripple at the airport. Oh well, he was a passenger of late anyway in all fairness.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    he looked like a cripple most of his 61' also

on current international form he is no loss

looks completely ****ed off and not enjoying his football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    i think things at chelski are too much. the club is playing so many games and he has to be at such a high level for so long. Its hard being a winger and i think he is in a bit of a low ebb at the moment.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    For goodness sake Duff , take your medals at the end of the season and get out of there before Mourinho strangles all the talent out of you. Used to be one of the most exciting players in european football and there was always a roar of anticipation in Japan everytime he picked up the ball- but now its all gone. Every time I see you play for Chelsea its trap ball , move forward 5 yards , stop , pass ball back ten yards - repeat for 90 minutes to ensure being picked for every game (Cole and Robben wont do it so they never get the full 90).

Get a video of yourself from two years ago , look at yourself now and be honest, which of the two do you want to be ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    i totally agree wallis... i said time and again the anglo saxon mentality is killing duffer at chelsea

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wallis
    For goodness sake Duff , take your medals at the end of the season and get out of there before Mourinho strangles all the talent out of you. Used to be one of the most exciting players in european football and there was always a roar of anticipation in Japan everytime he picked up the ball- but now its all gone. Every time I see you play for Chelsea its trap ball , move forward 5 yards , stop , pass ball back ten yards - repeat for 90 minutes to ensure being picked for every game (Cole and Robben wont do it so they never get the full 90).

Get a video of yourself from two years ago , look at yourself now and be honest, which of the two do you want to be ?
    It's true, its makes depressing viewing, Chelsea, by rounding the edges off Duff have seemed to have taken something away from his game, but on a positive? note he comes back to defend alot more & ironically recently he's made a couple of really important defensive tackles but its quite a poor trade off for what we used to have. Maybe it's just a phase but the fear that Duff instilled at the WC 2002 isn't there at the moment, I'd love to see it back again.

Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast