Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Didn't make it myself either lads, but it seems it was the same old story again, the slow start and the strong finish. I think passinginterest hit the nail on the head earlier when he said that Mons are performing well below their standard. I'm not too disheartened by this because Colfer got off the mark in style and hopefully it's the start of him hitting the net on a regular basis, cos we all know he's quality.

From the reports i've heard, the only thing that concerns me is Shane Dunphy being in goal. Maybe the reports are inaccurate and i'm open to correction, but i heard he had an absolute howler in this game. If this is true, this ain't the first game he's cost us. Jason Russell is badly missed, but even more so if this is the case to be honest.
    "People say football is a matter of life and death, I believe it is much more important than that".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah. Slow start and 1-0 down inside 2 mins. Shoddy defending. Colfer's first goal was a beauty. I didn't see that much of the second goal but was jumping around like a mad yoke when it went in! We hit the post aswell at 2-2.
    I think Dunphy's only fault is that he's a legend in his own mind! He shouts at his defenders to clear when they haven't a chance of getting to the ball and his calling for balls is terrible. The winner came from him staying on his line and when the ball came in, it was no more than 3 yards out. Why am I not surprised?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I heard the same thing footsoldier. Apparently Timmy Bolger heard Dunphy call for the ball at one stage and so obviously left it go... when he turned around, the ball was in the back of the net and Dunphy was still on his f*ckin line!! His command of the area leaves alot to be desired. There's talk of Jason Russell starting back in goal next Sat. Let's hope its true!
    "People say football is a matter of life and death, I believe it is much more important than that".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lets light some candles for the safe return of JR

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Great heart shown by the team to come back again from 2 nil down.
    It's a little harsh putting all the blame on Dunpny who is no Shay Given but does some very good work. There were about 14 players out there!!
    He does need to swallow a large bottle of cop-on and he might learn a little more about his blind spots.
    Most people thought we would be hammered but a point a game might not be too bad for our first season with all local players most of whom would not have been given a chance at any other LOI club.
    This is a marathon and not a sprint so lets tear into Cobh and keep the show on the road.
    Last edited by new blue; 13/05/2007 at 10:40 PM. Reason: correct sequence

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    Got a similar report form my Dad. Dunphy hesitant and making calls for balls then not moving. Poor enough first half but very encouraging second half. Overall unlucky not to take something from the game. I think we'll start picking up some good results again soon.

Any estimate of the crowd? Heard it was much smaller than usual, pictures on the website look like stand only about half full. Maybe around 800?

Is Friday night football a bad thing for Wexford Youths? Smaller than expected crowd against Shels and another big drop for Monaghan...

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I'd say the crowd was nearer the 600 mark. It was lashing rain all day which probably kept people away. And if Dunphy is the second best keeper in Wexford, then we're in trouble.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Hi people. Just back from a wonderful weekend in your county with my kids. Friday nite set the weekend off to a good start and I have to say I was well impressed with the ground. In fact I felt positively scruffy in jeans in such a glamourous clubhouse! It was nicer than our hotel (which was very nice too!) and the people you have around your club are a credit to you. I even picked out of Wallace Jnr & instead of him giving me a typically teenage glare, he smiled!

Good luck to you with the continuing developments there and I hope that it becomes our lucky ground & we leave with 3 points from there every time!

p.s. Alvin loved the jeering u gave him everytime he went to kick out, he is such a showman and loves the attention so thanks for making him play better!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah, he seemed to be enjoying himself alright. The one time we didn't give him grief, he ended up on his arse! No justice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Its strange how goalies tend to be lunatics, my youngest son (also a total nutter) is a great goalie and wants to play in nets all the time. Must be some kinda goalie/nutter gene.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Oi footsoldier.....why didnt u come say hello? I always talk to strange people!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I wasn't allowed. It would have affected my recovery and rehabilatation into society

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Very true. Cant have that so! I was talkin to a rather dishy man who was telling me about his adventures in Monaghan when he came up to our game, do u know him?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ehhhhhh..... no!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Footsoldier View Post
    Ehhhhhh..... no!
    dam how can I start my Wexford Youth stalking without any info!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12