Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Champions League Final Ticket(s) Wanted

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Champions League Final Ticket(s) Wanted

Booked flights as have my brother and sister. My brother is going anyway. I'd go if Chelsea make it or if I have a ticket for a Liverpool final.

If you've got them in the public sale I'd be willing to buy tickets or commit to buying them based on your team not making it.

Obviously willing to pay face value and all the charges UEFA apply.

If it is some offer of compensation my brother and sister have 2 season tickets for Old Trafford and I'm sure they'd be willing to let you borrow them next season at face value for some games.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Maybe I'm an old cynic, but you're being wildly optimistic if you think you'll get tickets for face value with one English team guaranteed in the final and another a possibility.

I sure as hell would be looking for a fat wodge of cash if I had some.

I've got 2 for the UEFA Cup final.....

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    You will be very very lucky to get thickets (face value) for this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Appreciate I'd be very lucky to get tickets at face value but there are lots of people like me who would never sell above face value.

There are also people who have got them in the lottery and will only go if their club makes it. Furthermore flights are already very very expensive so here's hoping. I only need to be lucky once.

reder
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyCakes View Post
    Maybe I'm an old cynic.

I sure as hell would be looking for a fat wodge of cash if I had some.
    No your just a waste of space as a football fan. Plenty of tickets will exchange hands for face value cos most liverpool, man u and chelsea fans are real football people, unlike you.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Bull!

If I bought a car, or a painting, or a comic book, or absolutely anything else that I knew I could sell for a higher price than I paid for it, nobody would bat an eyelid.

But as soon as its anything to with football, we get all this sanctimonious guff about "The people's game" and "real fans"...

Maybe if more of these "real football people" got off their arses and applied for tickets?????

And by the way, I'm going to this year's UEFA Cup final, was at last year's Champion's league final and the last 3 European championships, including the 2000 final and I'm a shareholder in Sligo Rovers. Is that real enough for you?
    Last edited by DaveyCakes; 23/04/2007 at 11:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by reder View Post
    No your just a waste of space as a football fan. Plenty of tickets will exchange hands for face value cos most liverpool, man u and chelsea fans are real football people, unlike you.
    Really? Latching on to some big event by taking tickets away from real fans, and expecting to do so for face value, is real football now?
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    Membership Advisory Board
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    If football was for real fans why are the FA allocating 40,000 of the 90,000 seats of the FA Cup final to non supporters of the two teams?

Football is now a business, not a supporter friendly sport. Personally when I buy football tickets its for going to see the game.

But if I had got a ticket for the final of the CL or FA cup but my team sadly didn't make it, I would sell my ticket for as much as I can get for it. Why not? I wouldn't be a supporter of either team so I obviously wont have any loyalties towards either set of supporters or clubs.
    The Hallion Battalion Molests football.:D

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bruce View Post
    If football was for real fans why are the FA allocating 40,000 of the 90,000 seats of the FA Cup final to non supporters of the two teams?

Football is now a business, not a supporter friendly sport. Personally when I buy football tickets its for going to see the game.

But if I had got a ticket for the final of the CL or FA cup but my team sadly didn't make it, I would sell my ticket for as much as I can get for it. Why not? I wouldn't be a supporter of either team so I obviously wont have any loyalties towards either set of supporters or clubs.
    I believe that some of those 40,000 tickets are going to people involved in grassroots football. Perhaps they, rather than Manu or Chelsea bandwagon jumpers, are these mythical "real football people".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Bull!

And by the way, I'm going to this year's UEFA Cup final, was at last year's Champion's league final and the last 3 European championships, including the 2000 final and I'm a shareholder in Sligo Rovers. Is that real enough for you?
    you must be loaded, lucky you
    you are only a loser when you stop trying. Playing sport does not build character, it reveals it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Yeah, corporate hospitality all the way for me!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papa-j View Post
    you must be loaded, lucky you
    Anyone can afford to do such things if they budget and save for it.

I choose not to as I'd rather use my money in other ways. But fair play to anyone who does.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I believe that some of those 40,000 tickets are going to people involved in grassroots football. Perhaps they, rather than Manu or Chelsea bandwagon jumpers, are these mythical "real football people".
    How are season ticket holders bandwagon jumpers? And they are ranked on a pointage system for the amount of away games they apply for.(although I believe if you want to go to 90% of the away games at Chelsea you can, due to small support, but United is more of a lottery due to it's emense support of 60,000+ Season ticket holders)

17,000 of the 40,000 are grassroots football and the rest are commercial/marketing/advertisers/celebs/important political figures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Lads, can you keep it amicable in here without questioning people's credentials as "true" football fans and making it personal?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    There's been a lot of complaints about the prices of teh Cu final tickets (and tickets in general)

There are also always lots of complaints about corporate/sponsors tickets, etc.

Nobody ever mentions that without the latter, the ordinary tickets would doubtless be even more expensive, even though there'd be a few more of them.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Anyone else thinking of going? My decision is pretty much based on the result Wed night. What flights have people been booking/looked at etc? Dont think there is a great range of options because no direct flights from Ireland until June.