Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: supporters club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

supporters club

is anyone interested in starting a supporters club,helping to raise money through golden goals,sales of merchandise ,running buses etc,it would be good if we could and put a plan to the club so they would give it there offical blessing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm in!
    Mick Wallace's black and white army

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    good on ya fella,but we need a few more!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'd really like to but living in England has its disadvantages
    www.fmformation.net FMFormation.net Admin Team
    Wexford Youth FC - International Supporters Club Member!

Middle of No Where, The Center of Everywhere.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Shouldn't stop you from joining or setting up a UK branch . I'm sure they would accept postal applications .

Best of luck with it lads and ladies!
    Last edited by steno; 06/04/2007 at 9:22 PM. Reason: spelling
    Everyone needs something to believe in, I believe I'll have another beer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It wouldnt!! I also have sent an email to the PR dept asking when kits will go on sale so I can buy one and get it sent to me

Wexford Youths FC International Department!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    count me in lads! i live in Dublin but am home every other weekend. so anything i can do to help out, count me in!
    "People say football is a matter of life and death, I believe it is much more important than that".

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    I'd certainly join any supporters club. I'm based in Dublin and not home often but I'd be interested in being involved in some capacity anyway.

On another related note, I was reading the posts about the Wexford Youths wikipedia page which points out our massive car park. Obviously this is needed given the location of the ground and the fact it would be a long walk form Wexford town.

It just made me think that maybe a shuttle bus service could be organised from the town to the ground. There is plenty of parking around Redmond square so maybe run a few shuttle buses from there to the ground? I think this would be useful for away supporters who want to visit the town and attend the match. Also useful for home supporters who don't drive or who just don't want to spend 45 minutes trying to get out of the car park at every game.

Make the charge for the bus €3 and everyone gets a programme?

Could be an idea for the supporters club to look at if it gets off the ground? Maybe a local bus company would provide the service for free or discounted in exchange for advertising in the programme or at the games?

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I have it on good authority that the PR guy at Wexford Youths is very interested in talking to you all about setting up an Official Supporters club..

I would suggest making out some sort of plan between us all and putting it to him. One of you are best putting it to him rather than myself cause I am not actually there but would still like to join

So ideas on what the Supports Club can do to help the club....

Golden Goals..
    Organise Bus for fans on away days. (find a reliable bus company and get quotes on how much it is to each ground) just to show you are doing some honework into it all
    Maybe write a small section in the match day programmes about your recent match youve seen..
    Banners/Flags
    Promotion of the club and bringing in new members
    Setting up of a Kids section of the supporters club whereby they get a meet the mascot (whe we have one)
    Designing of sew on badges to go on our kits with "Official WYFC Supporters Club Member" on it
    Newsletter

Also having a spokesperson for the Supporters Club to communicate with the Admin of the Club to keep everyone walking the same direction and moving forward!!

Most of all I think that ALL members have to set an example to other fans, home and away, or dignity and keeping language to an acceptable level as we dont want to be seen as the "yobs who shout abuse".
    Passion and pride can be displayed without resorting to swearing

Just throwing in some ideas...

I have the email of the PR guy for when we can get something abit more solid down to approach him with...

GO YOUTHS!!!
    Last edited by Tazskool; 11/04/2007 at 5:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    can you get me a phone number and name so we can set up a meet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He has said he wants it all structured down on paper first...which I can understand cause he does not really want loads of ppl all contacting him about the same issue throwing ideas at him..

I've build up a good reputation with him over the past month and he is a very professional person in his ways he does things.

Also I only have his email address lol..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads sounds like a good plan. Particularly like the bus plan. It would probably help get a little bit of singing at the game going if a bus could be arranged to leave <insert suitable pub name> 30 min before kickoff and return soon after the game. Might need a flexible pub landlord mind..Somewhere like the back lounge at the Gaelic Bar(as was) might be a good starting point. Anyway all a pipedream for me stuck down in smelly Cork. Looking forward to visit to Cobh, hope to see some of you there
    Who dares to speak of 98?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazskool View Post
    He has said he wants it all structured down on paper first...which I can understand cause he does not really want loads of ppl all contacting him about the same issue throwing ideas at him..
    Understandable Taz. Heard about a few lads in one of the pubs in town wanting to set up an unofficial supporters club but it all went t*ts up 'cos they didn't know which way or what way to go. If it's to be official, we need to sort this out as a blueprint first, then find some way forward through the club itself. It's the only way to go. Amongst us on this forum, this thread should take priority lads!!
    "People say football is a matter of life and death, I believe it is much more important than that".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So whos gonna take responsability for drawing up some kind of plan,I could help out alot but wouldnt be the best at setting the thing up.Are we gonna set us a dealine for a plan.

Taz what does he want?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Also my flag should be on display for the Kilkenny game!

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l1.../dscn03062.jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Like I have said a few posts ago... a proper drawn up "business plan" kind of thing would be the best way to go...

A sense of realism is also needed as we cant go to him and say we want to do this ..this and this all in a few weeks.. and look fools..

------
    So ideas on what the Supports Club can do to help the club....

Golden Goals..
    Organise Bus for fans on away days. (find a reliable bus company and get quotes on how much it is to each ground) just to show you are doing some homework into it all
    Maybe write a small section in the match day programmes about your recent match youve seen..
    Banners/Flags
    Promotion of the club and bringing in new members
    Setting up of a Kids section of the supporters club whereby they get a meet the mascot (when we have one).
    Designing of sew on badges to go on our kits with "Official WYFC Supporters Club Member" on it
    Newsletter to let fans know of times for leaving for away games and where the coach will be stopping on the way!!
    ----------------

We need to show him that is will be open to EVERYONE irrespect of age and so forth. Something that everyone will like in the supporters club and most of all something to keep the youth of the supporters club with teh club for years to come!

It will be hard work for whoever decided to approach the club and run with the idea as they will have to do the hard work of organising everything till more get on board AND they will have to get more people on board.

Do you charge for the supporters club to cover costs? If you do then you need to make sure you have someone who is good and can budget properly and not flutter it all away. Also how much..?

I say we use this thread to discuss it all and really put something decent down and then approach him. He is not expecting us to meet with him instantly. Also I have said we will put something solid down and organised to show we do mean what we say and get this up and running.

If we go about this half arsed then Mick and WYFC Admin will not take any of us seriously....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    I think the biggest problem we face at the moment is that the majority of us on this forum are based outside of Wexford. For this to be truly successful we need to find a representative based in Wexford who can work closely with the club, and is in a position to handle finances, organise buses etc...

Ideally this would be somebody who is known and respected within the wider community (even just as a figure head with others in the background doing the majority of the work).

I've spent the last four years living in Dublin so many of my contacts in Wexford have been lost, so really we're talking about lads (or ladies) who are home a lot getting in contact with friends, families and community leaders and trying to get things moving.

I'm more than happy to help out with issues like setting up a code of coduct/charter for the supporters club. My degree is in English, Media and Cultural Studies so the writing up and wording of things should be where I'm best set to help out.

I'd love to see this organised properly and get off the ground so good luck to everyone.

Oh and Thunder - I think your flag should say Wexford Youths FC not Wexford Youth FC which it looks like at the moment! Just a little thing.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah, i'm kinda in the same boat as passinginterest here. Been living in Dublin for the past couple of years and am only home every second or third weekend and holidays really. But, likewise, if there's anything I can do to help out at all, I'd be more than happy.

This could be a great project lads, and imagine, our names could be written in the history books of Wexford Youths in years to come when we're topping the premier league

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post

Oh and Thunder - I think your flag should say Wexford Youths FC not Wexford Youth FC which it looks like at the moment! Just a little thing.
    It does,I just forgot to highlight the s

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenstar View Post
    This could be a great project lads, and imagine, our names could be written in the history books of Wexford Youths in years to come when we're topping the premier league
    Don't forget winning the Champions League, it's in Mick Wallace's five year plan

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast