Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: supporters club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That's fine... but we do need to keep things in here atm till we have a direction and gathered some more info.

I have been emailed back by a bus company and will get reading the email, from them, tonite. Hopefully its good news
    www.fmformation.net FMFormation.net Admin Team
    Wexford Youth FC - International Supporters Club Member!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The whole discount on merchandise/tickets would be a masterstroke to be honest. If we could get that included, it alone would draw a fair size membership i'd say
    "People say football is a matter of life and death, I believe it is much more important than that".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I will get onto laying out a rough newsletter in the next few days...just with header and some areas for content and averts for the companies who have helped us do everything...

When I get all this together I will pass it on to wexfordseagull and write a full explanation down so he can follow my trian of thought on it.

got any more ideas on what we can do as a Supporters Club?
    Last edited by Tazskool; 13/04/2007 at 3:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Get our own banner made.Think most SC have em.
    Mick Wallace's black and white army

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads im heavily involved in the waterford one, if ye wanna talk to me give me a pm and well work something out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I am awaiting a email back with quotes to take 1 bus to each away game... hopefully I will get this Monday/Tuesday..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think the most important thing atm is getting to away games and making abit of noise.
    Mick Wallace's black and white army

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I've had 1 quote back so far.. 50 seater coach will cost 500 Euros for any location among the first division clubs.. 10 euros per person...

Hows that sound? Cause I have no idea since I dont deal in euros or know the rates of such things.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Sounds Ok Taz but I think getting 50 people might be a struggle for most matches.

I think away travel, in the early days at least, should only be organised for big games where numbers are guaranteed.

I thing te easiest and most important thing to establish first is a presence at home games. A core of supporters that stand together every week. THis will attract interest and encourage people to join and eventually the numbers will be there for away transport.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I know but atleast we know what sort of ball park figure we are looking at for a coach to away games.

Like I have said in the pm.. a plan and focus and then approach the club is my thoughts on the matter...

Mick seems very big on community kind of things and I do think with a structure he'd jump at the chance to help out and support it...
    On the first approach maybe asking if we can leaflet the crowd with the idea of setting the S/Club up and "we will be sitting here.. please join us and make noise" and an email addy for them to contact if they need more info and so forth...

I do think we have a good basis here right now as far as ideas and a plan forth... just getting the actual movement done!

Coaches yes maybe for the 2nd half of the season would be the earliest to being hopeful.

EDIT: After thought.... On the leaflet have a few tick boxes to see who'd be up for travelling to away matches on subsidised coaches and so forth.. just to get a generalised view of everyone who fills it in.. Im not talking 20 questions :P
    Last edited by Tazskool; 17/04/2007 at 10:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I personally think that the matches in around Dublin, the likes of Shelbourne, Kildare, Kilkenny, Athlone and the like will draw the most interest as people are familiar with these places and they are relatively close by. Shelbourne will probably have the biggest interest as it's our only match in Dublin city so alot of people would look to travel early and make a day of it. A good few people I have talked to have earmarked this one to travel to and I'm sure there's more out there. It's a good idea Taz. At least giving the option to people will generate interest as not too many would be keen on driving long distances.

The second half of the season would be most realistic alright.
    "People say football is a matter of life and death, I believe it is much more important than that".

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Lads, my advice to you would be to start an ad hoc committee, recruit members and then invite the members to a meeting to form a formal committee. Keep the overall objectives fairly simple- in Longford Town that translates as Supporting the Club vocally on the field and financially of it. Incentives for members are a good idea but beware of getting sponsorship that the club might be targetting - eg using a contact to get 500, when the club is pushing them for 5k - it happens!
    The Supporters Club in Longford run a discount scheme with businesses in the town for members, don't know if its a mjor selling point anymore, but certainly was in the first years in the Premier and brought the membership to over 200.
    From your clubs point of view they would love to be able to budget for a sum of money from the Supporters Club each year, over time thats what they will really need. If the buzz is good do it now. In Longford membership is €20 for adults for the season. I would also say you need about 10 good workers on the committee to make things happen.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123