Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Limerick 37 V Finn Harps

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by see's it View Post
    think you need to go back to bed and get up on the other side gael,i just asked a simple question.im all for the good work thats going on at lim37
    mike nonan and his cronies have told limerick 37 to stop all work and are trying to change the way the thing is set up even after the clubs all agreeing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial Vapor View Post
    Are you one of these "real" supporters that is pictured on the website? By the look of ye i'd say not one of ye ever togged out to play a game.
    What would that have to do with anything? One of the stupidest points I have ever read on this forum and believe me that's quite an achievement

I'm only giving my opinion on what i thought was a very poor game played by two sides that only wanted to hoof the ball.
    Looks like we've another one of the Junior "purists" in our midsts lads.

Limerick 37 isn't there to fcuking impress you.

The fact that they're your local team should be enough to earn support in this difficult period.

If you knew anything about the game at LoI level (I am of course absolutely amazed your not an expert being a person who both "plays football" AND "coaches underage teams") you would realise that although not pretty what you saw Friday night is often the way the game is played and is symptomatic of having to cut your cloth to fit your measure.

People complaining about the lads not playing their way out of trouble - did it ever occur to you that Finn Harps are a superior side to Kildare? Playing out of trouble on that pitch, with Conor Gethins snapping at your ankles would be akin to suicide.

Chuka by his own fairly high standards had a poor game distribution wise the other night. It could happen a bishop. It even happens junior players sometimes.

If it's enough to make you stop supporting your local team fine be my guest

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    What would that have to do with anything? One of the stupidest points I have ever read on this forum and believe me that's quite an achievement

Looks like we've another one of the Junior "purists" in our midsts lads.

The fact that they're your local team should be enough to earn support in this difficult period.

If you knew anything about the game at LoI level (I am of course absolutely amazed your not an expert being a person who both "plays football" AND "coaches underage teams") you would realise that although not pretty what you saw Friday night is often the way the game is played and is symptomatic of having to cut your cloth to fit your measure.

People complaining about the lads not playing their way out of trouble - did it ever occur to you that Finn Harps are a superior side to Kildare? Playing out of trouble on that pitch, with Conor Gethins snapping at your ankles would be akin to suicide.

Chuka by his own fairly high standards had a poor game distribution wise the other night. It could happen a bishop. It even happens junior players sometimes.

sorry but i agree limerick are hoofers its shockng football to be honest the ball is in touch more times than a rugby match very poor stantard of football

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas72 View Post
    sorry but i agree limerick are hoofers its shockng football to be honest the ball is in touch more times than a rugby match very poor stantard of football

If you knew anything about the game at LoI level you would realise that although not pretty what you saw Friday night is often the way the game is played and is symptomatic of having to cut your cloth to fit your measure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Look I know you have to come across all nicey pie on the net nowadays but the Quisling like antics aren't going to fool any of the real fans on here so why bother.
    Nice attitude there Thomas

The Leader is a rag sheet which should be boycotted by any self-respecting Blues fan until it undergoes a serious attitude adjustment.

Frankly, I wouldn't use it to wipe my ar$e

It already has. Thats my point Thomas. You're boycotting it so you don't see it do you. I'm not here to defend the leader, but it's coverage has improved and the editor is a sound guy who is genuinely interested. He was at the match on Friday purely as a spectator.
    Limerick 3:7
    "Marvel not that I said unto thee, ye must be born again"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    hahahaha, he called you Thomas! ok im gonna buy the weekend leader and see for myself, rumour has it they had 2 big pictures on mondays edition?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thelimerick View Post
    It already has. Thats my point Thomas. You're boycotting it so you don't see it do you. I'm not here to defend the leader, but it's coverage has improved and the editor is a sound guy who is genuinely interested. He was at the match on Friday purely as a spectator.
    I can glance at the sports pages without paying for it you know

"self-destruct in Cobh" when they obviously haven't a clue what went oun down there.

Failing to get the teams name right all the time

A reaction of Absolute glee anytime the L37 looked in trouble

These are just some of the recent crimes of this "newspaper".

We shouldn't have to be nice to get the rag to report properly on Limerick 37. It's their job ffs

Until such a time as they have at least a two page spread every weekend with analysis, comment, news, interviews, pictures etc from Limerick 37 my opinion of the "leader" (how ironic) will remain:

The Leader is a rag sheet which should be boycotted by any self-respecting Blues fan until it undergoes a serious attitude adjustment.

Frankly, I wouldn't use it to wipe my ar$e

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfish View Post
    hahahaha, he called you Thomas! ok im gonna buy the weekend leader and see for myself, rumour has it they had 2 big pictures on mondays edition?
    Yeah they did, Todays paper had no story (no game etc) but they still put two pics in. One of the team lining up against finn harps and the other of two young supporters at the game.
    As I said I'm not here to say the leader is great. My point is simple, if it changes for the better then fair play. No more no less. They have a sports editor with genuine interest who wants to see us do well, thats a positive thing.
    Thats all I have to say on it.
    Limerick 3:7
    "Marvel not that I said unto thee, ye must be born again"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Cool

Yeah they did, Todays paper had no story (no game etc) but they still put two pics in. One of the team lining up against finn harps and the other of two young supporters at the game.
    As I said I'm not here to say the leader is great. My point is simple, if it changes for the better then fair play. No more no less. They have a sports editor with genuine interest who wants to see us do well, thats a positive thing.
    Fair enough, all we ever asked for was a bit coverage anyway. There was a fantasticly worded letter printed in the limerick post 2 weeks ago on the subject of senior soccer coverage in the media in limerick, the person who wrote this is a great person who should be rewarded!!!!!! fair play to whoever you are.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Good point, but I dont agree that was our problem. Our back four are the best in the division, they are well able for any opposition. They have already shown they are capable of passing their way out of trouble, but in the first half last Friday they didn't do that (due in my opinion to a loss of confidence off the back of a bad result, more so than superior opposition). We depend heavily on these four lads and when they struggle the whole team does, but when they play to their potential the whole team plays with a lot more confidence and are a joy to watch. The first half was very poor, characterised by frantic clearances (and a very quiet crowd) - the second half was a different experience - same opposition, but more confident and purposeful play from us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    I rarely see the Leader these days. However as long as I can remember (early 70's) there have been issues with their coverage of senior football. This is based on quantity and the negative slant.

Your typical local paper is not impartial. There is normally a positive slant on the local team. You see that in the Leader on the rugby teams and the GAA team. Unlucky Munsters lose to Cons. Brave hurlers denied by Cork. Then it's lucky Limerick beat Shamrock Rovers despite being outclassed.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry

Pi$$ing in Galways water supply since 1937

LTID, do you think this kind of crap is acceptable. A lot of people in Galway were seriously ill due to there water supply been contaminated. People in Limerick wonder why the city's name is tarnished all over the country. Posting crap like that does not help, regardless of the disagreements some of you fellas had on a different thread with another poster.
    SLK, get your act together and do your job as a moderator, or are your Limerick posting buddies exempt from receiving warnings??????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

LTID, do you think this kind of crap is acceptable. A lot of people in Galway were seriously ill due to there water supply been contaminated. People in Limerick wonder why the city's name is tarnished all over the country. Posting crap like that does not help, regardless of the disagreements some of you fellas had on a different thread with another poster.
    SLK, get your act together and do your job as a moderator, or are your Limerick posting buddies exempt from receiving warnings??????
    I used to think he was my friend but he locked a perfectly good tread in which i was having a valid and intellegent discussion with a falla from cobh, as for LTID's signiture? its wrong! wrong! wrong! he probably robbed it as ususal, as for what others think of Limerick? dont care, its usually the ones who are bitter about having to live/work/go to college/ or have to get their ambulance/fire truck/guards from here that do the most complaining.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Yeah I think its disgraceful that LtiD wanders around here with all the privillages of a mayor's favourite hooker

Seriously though, does anyone really care about LtiD making a joke at Galway's expense? Really? Oh and both myself and LtiD have had warnings issued to us on this site, the only two Limerick supporters I know with warnings from here, and they were issued to us by our friend SLK, so I think you'll find we aren't exempt from receiving warnings at all

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    Yeah I think its disgraceful that LtiD wanders around here with all the privillages of a mayor's favourite hooker

Seriously though, does anyone really care about LtiD making a joke at Galway's expense? Really? Oh and both myself and LtiD have had warnings issued to us on this site, the only two Limerick supporters I know with warnings from here, and they were issued to us by our friend SLK, so I think you'll find we aren't exempt from receiving warnings at all
    A joke is something that's funny. I don't think the fact that people have been seriously ill because of a contaminated water supply is funny. It certainly doesn't help Limerick's reputation if some moron is posting crap like that in order to have a sly dig at someone elses expense. I certainly wouldn't like to come on here and see someone posting stuff about Limerick's stab city reputation. I can just imagine it: "On the receiving end of Limerick fans knives since 1937" or some tripe like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    A joke is something that's funny. I don't think the fact that people have been seriously ill because of a contaminated water supply is funny. It certainly doesn't help Limerick's reputation if some moron is posting crap like that in order to have a sly dig at someone elses expense. I certainly wouldn't like to come on here and see someone posting stuff about Limerick's stab city reputation. I can just imagine it: "On the receiving end of Limerick fans knives since 1937" or some tripe like that.
    Thats a hell of a lot better than some of the stuff that they have come up with in recent months!! honestly! No matter what we do as a city or county narrow minded inbred idiots are always gonna have a go at us and i think the sooner people stop worrying about what people think they know about us the better, the fact that it upsets some people here makes them feel a little better.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Not my job to take care of sigs. Which is just as well since I've enough to do keeping up with the trite nonsense you insist on sharing with us. There's a whole forum for grievances such as that which has your knickers in a twist right now. So at least take the time to sob on the correct shoulders before you have a go at me for something which isn't anything to do with me.

And since you want me to flew my muscles a bit try and stay on topic.

Actually because this thread is gone hopelessly off topic now as well I'm going to lock this too. No doubt it'll offend my friends in the old boy's club Mercurial Vapor but such is the tough job of a moderator eh?
    Last edited by sadloserkid; 12/04/2007 at 5:24 PM.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123