Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Limerick 37 V Finn Harps

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbourne1904 View Post
    So they now do articles on matches based someone they know being at a match.Does that not qualify as hearsay only??
    I saw one of their recent reports I forget which match and it was a load of rambling with no detail of the game which they obviously had noone at either.

Next theyll be sending reports on games from the jacks in Thomond Park....hopefully at the same time the bulldozers are in action.

The Sporting Capital delusion again.
    They probably had a reporter there, but he probably fell asleep watching the crap that Limerick play. I was at the game against Finn Harps and I can honestly say I won't be in any hurry to attend a game in the near future. The only player that seemed interested in playing any football was Davy Wall, every other player on the pitch just wanted to hoof the ball on site. HOOF37 FC!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial Vapor View Post
    They probably had a reporter there, but he probably fell asleep watching the crap that Limerick play. I was at the game against Finn Harps and I can honestly say I won't be in any hurry to attend a game in the near future. The only player that seemed interested in playing any football was Davy Wall, every other player on the pitch just wanted to hoof the ball on site. HOOF37 FC!
    Go back to your armchair/bar stool and let the real supporters have a conversation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Sadly that seems to be the perception of a lot of people I have spoken to who haven't been a regular to EL games over the years, and also to those who don't understand how hard it was to put this thing together in such a short space of time. What do you expect? World Class football from part-time players? Get real and give it a chance. Rome wasn't built in a day and even when it was built it had faults. It's your right not to go back and watch more games of course, but it displays great narrow mindedness on your behalf if you expect great things and run away straight away once they don't materialise.

The transfer window will present an opportunity to sign a few more creative players. Theres nothing wrong with the back four and the strikers know how to score if they get the right service. A strengthened middle of the park will allay your 'hoofing' fears and God forbid, if you do persevere with it, you might even actually enjoy it and become part of whats going on.

Oh...and for a team of 'hoofers', second place in the table ain't so bad, is it??

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfish View Post
    Go back to your armchair/bar stool and let the real supporters have a conversation.
    Are you one of these "real" supporters that is pictured on the website? By the look of ye i'd say not one of ye ever togged out to play a game. I'm only giving my opinion on what i thought was a very poor game played by two sides that only wanted to hoof the ball. Open your eyes and take off the blinkers!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    Sadly that seems to be the perception of a lot of people I have spoken to who haven't been a regular to EL games over the years, and also to those who don't understand how hard it was to put this thing together in such a short space of time. What do you expect? World Class football from part-time players? Get real and give it a chance. Rome wasn't built in a day and even when it was built it had faults. It's your right not to go back and watch more games of course, but it displays great narrow mindedness on your behalf if you expect great things and run away straight away once they don't materialise.

The transfer window will present an opportunity to sign a few more creative players. Theres nothing wrong with the back four and the strikers know how to score if they get the right service. A strengthened middle of the park will allay your 'hoofing' fears and God forbid, if you do persevere with it, you might even actually enjoy it and become part of whats going on.

Oh...and for a team of 'hoofers', second place in the table ain't so bad, is it??
    Fair enough JS, i see where your coming from about not having much time to put a team together. I'm actually all for Limerick37 and i think what has been done behind the scenes is brilliant but i believe if they continue to play the way they are that they will find it hard to attract a bigger fan base. The footballing philosophy comes from the manager regardless of what players he has.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    The footballing philosophy comes from the manager regardless of what players he has.
    Agreed, but remember you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear either. If he tries to play attractive football on the ground at the moment with the midfield he's got at his disposal, we'll get killed in almost every game we play. What will that do to the morale of the palyers and fans? Football management is about improvisation and making the best of what you've got. Currently I believe he's definitely doing that. If there was a classy, creative midfield there then I would understand your issues with hoofing the ball, but until there is, then hoofing it and getting results will do just fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Lets keep it on track lads and not get personal.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whoa

Hi Lads

I watched match of the day last night and there was a lot of hoofing there too. If one was to look at each of L37's games the level of ground play is far greater than that of our opponents we regularly try to play the ball out of defence and make some great chances. Long balls into space for players to run onto is superb soccer, hoofing out of defence with no target is poor. I am enjoying the games as there is a mix of styles and skills so lets just live in the moment when we are at games. carry out postmort's if you need but just give the team a chance to find their style of play. they have been entertaining so far for me anyway.
    "When faced with total negativity, a smile is a weapon of mass destruction"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old keeper View Post
    I watched match of the day last night and there was a lot of hoofing there too. If one was to look at each of L37's games the level of ground play is far greater than that of our opponents we regularly try to play the ball out of defence and make some great chances. Long balls into space for players to run onto is superb soccer, hoofing out of defence with no target is poor. I am enjoying the games as there is a mix of styles and skills so lets just live in the moment when we are at games. carry out postmort's if you need but just give the team a chance to find their style of play. they have been entertaining so far for me anyway.
    Exactly, from what I've seen of this league so far we are one of the teams that try to mix up our play a bit, and as joesoap has pointed out, for a team put together in a few short weeks, being unbeaten and in second place isn't bad at all. Before throwing insults at Skee you might want to think about that Vapor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Are you one of these "real" supporters that is pictured on the website? By the look of ye i'd say not one of ye ever togged out to play a game. I'm only giving my opinion on what i thought was a very poor game played by two sides that only wanted to hoof the ball. Open your eyes and take off the blinkers!
    Yes VERY REAL, what makes you think iv never played? im on the right (blue Diesel t-shirt, slightly ****ed with a blinding sun in my eyes) BTW we are an Eircom league 1st div team playing on a junior standard pitch with a team made up in a month, its easy to criticise when you've been brought up on English Premier and champions league football, i like them too but no team from London, Manchester, or Liverpool represents me more than Limerick. Week in week out we'll be there unlike a lot of the bandwagon jumping posers around the town.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfish View Post
    Yes VERY REAL, what makes you think iv never played? im on the right (blue Diesel t-shirt, slightly ****ed with a blinding sun in my eyes) BTW we are an Eircom league 1st div team playing on a junior standard pitch with a team made up in a month, its easy to criticise when you've been brought up on English Premier and champions league football, i like them too but no team from London, Manchester, or Liverpool represents me more than Limerick. Week in week out we'll be there unlike a lot of the bandwagon jumping posers around the town.
    As a person who plays football, coaches underage teams in my club and also manages a schoolboy/girl team, I take exception to your comment about going back to my armchair or bar stool. My previous reply was rash and out of anger , but as a person who paid to see the game the other night I feel I'm entitled to come on here and let my view of the game be heard. This site is here for people to post their opinions on and I don't think you are entitled to tell me to get lost.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    In all fairness, any team would struggle to play passing football on that ground at the minute. Even passes over a few yards were hopping up and arriving at waist height, and the pitch is also pretty small. There isn't much chance the latter can be addressed but with a bit of rain/watering and rolling the pitch could be improved a fair bit.

Have to say there was a good buzz about the way L37 are doing things, and the hospitality shown to us was excellent and much appreciated. The merchandise in particular was very impressive.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The first Division has always been about that hoofing from back line to the dominant players at centre foward.Trouble is the other dominant players are invariably the centre halves on the other team who hoof it back.

I honestly have to say that as ist division teams go Limerick this year have tried a lot more than any other Ist Div team to keep the ball on the ground.But and there is a big but...to get possesion in midfield you have to have A) short kick outs to the full backs and B) quick throwins to the central midfielders.From what I have seen all the goalkeepers and in the case of the throw ins ,the full backs have all been too slow and too afraid to try this despite a glaringly obvious hunger of at least one midfielder looking for ground possesion the other night against Harps .

Honestly though is the pitch that bumpy???
    "You'll not see nothing like the Shelbourne team"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    As a person who plays football, coaches underage teams in my club and also manages a schoolboy/girl team, I take exception to your comment about going back to my armchair or bar stool. My previous reply was rash and out of anger , but as a person who paid to see the game the other night I feel I'm entitled to come on here and let my view of the game be heard. This site is here for people to post their opinions on and I don't think you are entitled to tell me to get lost.
    What type of reaction did you expect? "yes sir, i am a **** who knows nothing about the game" ? If your not what i said you were then i apolagise, however some of your comments are typical of the people i referred to.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    The first half of the harps game was dismal, we were just hoofing it aimlessly away from the back only for it to come straight back again (as opposed to hoofing it forward for the strikers to run on to, which is fair enough).

The most disappointing thing about it is that it was like a step backwards, it was only 2 weeks ago I was on here raving about how brilliant our lads were at the back, passing their way out of trouble. I dont know, maybe the 3-0 defeat to Cobh was on their minds, and they panicked their way through the first half ?

It turned around in the second half though when they did start putting some passes together, gave the crowd something to go on which I'd like to think spurred them on a bit in return.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The first half was poor football-wise. I think Ski showed a lot of cop on by changing things in the second half. He seemed to realise that Moran and Goldbey were not holding the ball up and that kept pressure on us. We passed it more in the second half and got it wide as often as we could. Football, IMO, is about playing on the ground when you can - it is not always appropriate to pass it around - is it Bob Paisley that siad its not about short balls and long balls but the right balls.

There is a perception (rightly for the most part) that the First Division - or even the eL in total - is all 'long ball'. So every time a long ball is played the reaction is 'Jaysus here we go again'. But a lot of the time it is the right ball to play. There is as much pumping it long in the Premiership (Bolton, Watford, Middlesbrough - even Chelsea do it a LOT).

By the way, fair play to all involved in running the club. Friday's game was my first home match and I was very impressed with the professional attitude displayed. It seems that little things are being done right - there is a good buzz in the ground and the people working/helping out in the club are friendly and helpful. Two lads standing next to me with two young fellas obviosuly weren't regulars (they didn't know any of the players) but really enjoyed the evening and I reckon will be back. Well done all.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    does anyone have any idea why work around the ground has stopped in the last few weeks?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by see's it View Post
    does anyone have any idea why work around the ground has stopped in the last few weeks?
    compared to all the work that was done prior to Limerick 37 going in there is it? always a snide comment from you sees it, always! The LDMC recieved a grant the other day of €250,000 due to the presance of Limerick37 being in jackman, they wouldnt have got it otherwise. In the comming weeks expect to see Limerick 37 get a wallop of cash to continue the good work they have started in Jackman.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    compared to all the work that was done prior to Limerick 37 going in there is it? always a snide comment from you sees it, always! The LDMC recieved a grant the other day of €250,000 due to the presance of Limerick37 being in jackman, they wouldnt have got it otherwise. In the comming weeks expect to see Limerick 37 get a wallop of cash to continue the good work they have started in Jackman.

agree with you gael353 if you look on the junior forums sees'it always has snide remarks about everyones club he thinks pike are irelands best club he sees nothing else. as other users post alot of them just blank him out now not worth responding to. he has'nt a clue

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post

think you need to go back to bed and get up on the other side gael,i just asked a simple question.im all for the good work thats going on at lim37

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast