Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Water logged pitch ???

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Water logged pitch ???

was there serious heavy rain yesterday when I wasn't looking???

nope ??

didn't think so, therefore the water must have been on the pitch al day - so why was it left so late to call off??

If shels couldn't provide a pithc for the match due to bad groundsmanship surely the game should have been moved to O2 Park to fullfill the venue.

I can understand if the weather causes the flooding but yesterday was quite a good day for this time of year.

Now I have to wait till Monday night - and Cork did us no favours, Cork should be thrown out of the league for being the most stagnant team for decades, they always finish in the same postions in the league, now we need to beat Shels and Pats and hope Cork beat the students.
    Sean :)
    Drog till I die and beyond

DrogMan

Cool

I think I might to go back to mass before monday night, as I think a miracle is needed, and I don't believe in any faith!!!!!!
    It's going to be hard now!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I was just coming up to tolka at around 510 when I heard the match was off, so i decided to have a look at the pitch myself as i couldnt believe it was called off so late.

From what I saw it was playable. I could see no problem on the home side of the ground, so i asked someone in the ground why it was called off - he said the away side of the ground was a bit water logged (i couldnt see that part of the ground in the dark). From the way he said it, i got the impression that the match couldve still gone ahead as he didnt think it was that bad.

Anyway, Why oh why was there a pitch inspection so late and not earlier in the day?? I really hope the club investigate this because its not on not having a pitch inspection earlier!! F**k ollie byrne

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Water logged pitch ???

Originally posted by Sean Drog
    Cork should be thrown out of the league for being the most stagnant team for decades, they always finish in the same postions in the league
    ??????????????
    'Course your club will be thrown out of the league for financial mis-management, crimes against soccer, the sh*thole once called "Lourdes Stadium" !!, signing players you cannot pay for and most of all for coming from a "town" that is almost as big a festering, scaborous hole as Dundalk/Limerick !!!!
    Bye, Bye Drogs.....
    Enjoy the local derbies with the other inhabitants of the wee county !!!

DrogMan

Cool

Well Mr. Oddboy, at least you chose a name to describe you well ODDBOY, so p*ss off down to bogger land and try to get your team to actually play away from home for once

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

yeah it was stupid to call it of so late was on my way to tolka when i heard.. we will be asking 4 a lot to win these last 2 games but hopefully something good will come out of it...
    ODDBOY go f**k yourself back down to boggerland and don't be mouthing of about the drogs..
    wait until next year and we ill whip ur ass... i reckon now is the time to be looking 4 away matches your gettin 2 comfy playin at home...
    good luck 2 da drogs on monday!!!!!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Oddboy

A couple of points.

Sorry to have to point out your glaring inaccuracies but Drogheda is in fact a BIGGER town than Dundalk.

Crimes against soccer??? I do believe that Drogheda have had the better of the exchanges with Cork this year.

Check your facts before coming on here and making a fool of yourself. For a place the size of cork your team hasn't exactly been succesfull, has it?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    And people wonder where Cork people got the reputation for being w#nkers!! (Or ******s in their own f#cked up language)

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ODD Boy

why are you getting so uptight, I would have thought that a Cork person would agree that Cork is one of the most stagnant teams in the league.

They are never involved in the title race (for long) or in a relegation battle so what makes it interesting in your season, you finish in the same place eaach year (yawn).

Now onto this year, how can a team have such a good home record but one of the worst away records, questions have to be asked of your manager, if you had have won even half your away games you would have won the league but his bad managerial skills ahave resulted in another pointless season for you.

I lived in Cork City for a number of years and I loved the City but it amazes me how the club underachieves each year for a City of its size.
    Sean :)
    Drog till I die and beyond

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    it must suck having to come onto other clubs message boards and insult them i can only feel sorry for you supporting a club as dull as cork its clear the only way you can get any enjoyment from life is totry and provoke other people who are loyal supporters to their club and will stick by it thru thick and thin watever happens we'll be drogs till we die, can u say the same thing?

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: ODD Boy

Originally posted by Sean Drog
    how can a team have such a good home record but one of the worst away records, questions have to be asked of your manager, if you had have won even half your away games you would have won the league but his bad managerial skills ahave resulted in another pointless season for you.
    Oh the questions are being asked alright, don´t worry bout that!

And you do have a point, the club should be more successful, but I believe (or is it hope )we´re on the brink of success now.