Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I don’t do interviews - Kinnear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    404 Posts
    If you look at his wiki profile it says he was mispronouncing many of the players names on talksport yesterday.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,915 Posts
    Joe does remind me of Harvey Keitel in Pulp Fiction, as the 'cleaner'.
    The FAI could have employed him on a short term contract, to get rid of Trap after the Euros.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    404 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Joe does remind me of Harvey Keitel in Pulp Fiction, as the 'cleaner'.
    How come in the Keitel scene it's early in the morning on a weekday but he is at a party in a tuxedo and even earlier than that those chaps were eating burgers for breakfast?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    404 Posts
    Mike Ashleys voice has only been heard one time?
    http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfc...d/6976?cc=5901

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    How come in the Keitel scene it's early in the morning on a weekday but he is at a party in a tuxedo and even earlier than that those chaps were eating burgers for breakfast?
    Ya so many of his films are flawed, I hate them. Django is the only one about half decent. YOu have to escape and remove yourself from reality to enjoy them, otherwise holes can be picked everywhere.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Ya so many of his films are flawed, I hate them. Django is the only one about half decent. YOu have to escape and remove yourself from reality to enjoy them, otherwise holes can be picked everywhere.
    Enjoyable films still have a place in the world though, even if they don't say anything deep and meaningful about life. The time of day isn't particularly important to Pulp Fiction as a viewing experience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    In the world of Los Angeles organised crime, I don't think they really live by the same rules of time as the rest of us do. Jules and Vince surprise the students around 7:30 in the morning while they're eating a breakfast of cheeseburgers from Big Kahuna. Then they go to Wallace's bar and Bruce Willis is sitting at the bar having a drink.

It's the way they roll, I guess.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    I've never found a bar in LA opened that early in the morning serving alcohol.

What I don't understand with all these films, especially big budgets its how they make such fundamental mistakes around these things, for me it can ruin the film.

Like Bravehart, I love it but it annoyed me when I saw the guy that gets his face bitten by Muireann appear in a battle scene later on, although he had been killed by William when he returned after his wife had her throat slit. Also where you can see the bloody wire trailing behind the camera at the start of one of the battle scenes.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,002 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard of Pace View Post
    In the world of Los Angeles organised crime, I don't think they really live by the same rules of time as the rest of us do. Jules and Vince surprise the students around 7:30 in the morning while they're eating a breakfast of cheeseburgers from Big Kahuna. Then they go to Wallace's bar and Bruce Willis is sitting at the bar having a drink.

But in between they'd shot the guy in the head, and had to have the whole car cleaned up. That took time, including waiting for the wolf. Then they went to the wrecker's yard, and had to take a taxi from there. They had breakfast in the cafe where they ran into Tim roth robbing the place.

Plenty of time elapsed between the students' apartment and the bar.
    Last edited by osarusan; 19/06/2013 at 2:07 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Thats bull$hit. Pulp Fiction rocks. Your comment is akin to the Robbie bashers, everyone knows the quality but a few naysayers have to come out of the woodwork. I think from now on we should refer to James McCarthy as 'Le BIG Mac' just for your benefit Paul.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    404 Posts
    Rounders is another good example, everyone loves that movie but it actually makes no sense. What is he being threatened with? Having to gamble on KGBs behalf until he pays the money back? And it's only like 10 grand. But yet it makes you want to gamble b/c they do it so well.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    Rounders is another good example, everyone loves that movie but it actually makes no sense. What is he being threatened with? Having to gamble on KGBs behalf until he pays the money back? And it's only like 10 grand. But yet it makes you want to gamble b/c they do it so well.
    His life is effectively on the line because he took on the friends debt. From wiki:

When Worm is given a five-day deadline to pay off his debt, Mike joins him in a furious race to earn the money. Worm wants to cheat to win, but Mike insists on playing straight. Played out through several card games in and around New York City, the two nearly make the $15,000 needed, but the pair are caught cheating and lose their entire bankroll. After this, Worm decides to leave the city, and he advises Mike to do the same. This is when he reveals to Mike that his debt is owed to KGB, the same Russian mobster who cleaned Mike out of his $30,000 bankroll several months before. Infuriated, Mike cuts ties with Worm once and for all.

Mike refuses to flee. In a race against time to pay off Worm's debt, Mike gets his shot at redemption by placing his life on the line against the man who forced him out of the game. With the help of a $10,000 loan from his law school professor Petrovsky (Martin Landau), Mike sits down to play KGB in a no limit, heads-up game of Texas Hold'em.

In two heated heads-up matches, Mike beats KGB, winning enough to pay off Worm's debt, repay his loan to the professor, and regain his original bankroll of about $30,000. The movie ends with Mike officially dropping out of law school, saying goodbye to Jo, and going to Las Vegas to play in the World Series of Poker Main Event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard of Pace View Post

On the button.

Thsi is the reason my name is Bonnie... a la The Bonnie Situation which is one of the greatest scenes in any movie ever and I think at this stage I can quote verbatim.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    This thread is getting the respect it deserves I see!

Just on the Pulp Fiction breakfast thing... Samuel L Jackson's character made reference to the fact that hamburgers were an unusual breakfast choice- "The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast". Therefore it clearly it wasn't an oversight or anything like it. It set the tone for a great scene. That said, I haven't enjoyed many other Tarantino movies.

Shearer not happy with Joe!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    I quite enjoyed Inglourious Basterds, at the second time of viewing at least, when I knew a bit more about what to expect. First viewing, I expected some cheesy, over-the-top, behind-enemy-lines caper with Brad Pitt as the central character. When you know you're not actually supposed to be rooting for the basterds (they're brutal, sadistic, and generally just horrible people), it becomes a much more interesting film. And Christopher Waltz is just brilliant!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    You must really hate science fiction so

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123