Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArdeeBhoy View Post
    Oops.
    http://balls.ie/football/the-hilario...ort-interview/
    Not one for the faint-hearted.
    He sounds like he's losing his marbles to me.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    Very harsh on Joe. Clear media agenda making a story out of nothing. He's been mispronouncing names for decades. Big deal.

- People nitpicking his amount of Tottenham appearances and then getting it wrong by listing only league appearances.
    - I don't know what the details were on his working with Krul, looks like he made a mistake as he sent Krul out on loan during his season there, so don't think he was involved in signing him back in 2005.
    - He lists the players that are there that he knows, including James Perch who he gave his debut to while at Forest and articles are trying to say that he said he signed him for Newcastle when he didn't actually say that. He said that he knew him.

Would be funny if they weren't trying to tear a man to shreds. Whether he's the right man for this job in this day and age is another matter. The sad state of journalism continues.

Edit:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...us-claims.html

- Nitpicking the amount he bought and sold Dean Holdsworth for. Either way it's a £3m profit.
    - Highlighting his 'sacking' from Luton which was a disgrace and shambles of the highest order. They were taken over by shady 'businessmen', all the directors resigned, he was dismissed by an employee of Northampton Town and the new manager was appointed by public telephone vote.
    - The reporter claims John Scales left on a free in response to Joe saying he sold him for £3m. Quick internet search says he was sold for £3.5m.

Irony clearly is lost on some people. Attempting to make someone appear as a delusional liar by making up a load of ******** themselves. Sad.
    Last edited by Irwin3; 18/06/2013 at 2:34 PM.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh View Post
    The Echo has a story saying that Robson will be the manager with
    Roy Keane as assistant !
    The FAI will never get it's act together
    The echo weren't far off in the end!
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irwin3 View Post
    Very harsh on Joe. Clear media agenda making a story out of nothing. He's been mispronouncing names for decades. Big deal.

- People nitpicking his amount of Tottenham appearances and then getting it wrong by listing only league appearances.
    - I don't know what the details were on his working with Krul, looks like he made a mistake as he sent Krul out on loan during his season there, so don't think he was involved in signing him back in 2005.
    - He lists the players that are there that he knows, including James Perch who he gave his debut to while at Forest and articles are trying to say that he said he signed him for Newcastle when he didn't actually say that. He said that he knew him.

Would be funny if they weren't trying to tear a man to shreds. Whether he's the right man for this job in this day and age is another matter. The sad state of journalism continues.

Edit:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...us-claims.html

- Nitpicking the amount he bought and sold Dean Holdsworth for. Either way it's a £3m profit.
    - Highlighting his 'sacking' from Luton which was a disgrace and shambles of the highest order. They were taken over by shady 'businessmen', all the directors resigned, he was dismissed by an employee of Northampton Town and the new manager was appointed by public telephone vote.
    - The reporter claims John Scales left on a free in response to Joe saying he sold him for £3m. Quick internet search says he was sold for £3.5m.

Irony clearly is lost on some people. Attempting to make someone appear as a delusional liar by making up a load of ******** themselves. Sad.
    He once said he had to leave the Nepal job as the king was deposed or something like that. The actual event he was referring to happened 14 years after he left. I do agree the media are going to town on this but there's definitely a middle ground where you acknowledge that you have a man approaching his 70s who's getting more adversarial by the day taking on a high-profile job at a place where he's not liked and sounds quite mad in that interview (manager of the year 3 times, has the ear of any manager in the world etc.), so what do you expect.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Himself and Ashley are great mates, that's what this is all about. Spent many a nights boozing together in many North London watering holes. That's how he got the job initially, fair play to Ashley he looks after all his mates.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    He did an interview.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Hence a link.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard of Pace View Post
    He once said he had to leave the Nepal job as the king was deposed or something like that. The actual event he was referring to happened 14 years after he left. I do agree the media are going to town on this but there's definitely a middle ground where you acknowledge that you have a man approaching his 70s who's getting more adversarial by the day taking on a high-profile job at a place where he's not liked and sounds quite mad in that interview (manager of the year 3 times, has the ear of any manager in the world etc.), so what do you expect.
    I haven't seen any quotes on what he actually said about his time in Nepal. All I can see is people referring to what he apparently said. Like this one:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...y-line-1960189
    Citing a raft of incorrect stats, fees and anecdotes - though none as alarming as his one-time assertion that he was Nepal manager during the Prince Diphendra massacre even though it happened 14 years after he left
    So without seeing the context I can't really say much about it. Potentially a joke gone wrong?

The above mirror article also says that "You would have done with your points-per-game ratio." in response to him saying "and no way would we have gone down.". Granted Newcastle weren't great and they were on a bad run but he got them 20 points from 18 games and that ratio if continued would have kept them up. So much rubbish being spun here from virtually every media outlet.

I'd say he's being very defensive and exaggerates his accomplishments and expertise. I don't think he's acting mad at all. Like he mentions there's been a load of rubbish written and speculated in the past couple of days to make him look mental. Things such as 'Newcastle fail to confirm Kinnear role' etc making it look like he'd appointed himself and gone completely bonkers. Like I said earlier I don't know if he's going to be a great appointment but if Ashley and Newcastle want him then that's their business. No need for this character assassination stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    He's 66 and he's had a heart attack before. If he was my dad, I'd bring him for a round of pitch and putt, a couple of pints and tell him to retire ta f*ck. Whatever about his brain, his temperament will lead to another banger if he keeps up with this.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    Can't disagree with that. This hasn't been handled well by Newcastle's media people at all.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Or his agent, presuming he still uses one.
    Does he need work that badly?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    He may do. This certainly appears like a case of the old pals' act (part two). He's only worked as a manager for about 14 months in the last 10 years. I doubt his 7 years at Wimbledon and 2 at Luton saw him minted even though he would've been earning a nice wedge.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    1. He had a go at journo's.
    2. He's not really english.
    3. There are more important news stories (continuing slaughter in Syria, lies by the British govt, City swindling etc) that have to be covered up.

It's depressing in so many ways but this is what our own press aspire to. Race to the slime at the bottom of the gutter.

15. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    http://tyneandwear.sky.com/newcastle...t-no-frenchmen

The above article has the headline "Joe Kinnear's Transfer Dealing History: 54 Players Signed - But No Frenchmen". They obviously never heard of Jean-Louis Valois. Quality player who Joe signed for Luton in the 4th division from Lille. Really bizarre to see these journalists go out of their way to be critical of someone that they have to make up pure outright lies.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    They actually made a list of all his transfers? Well, bar one it seems.

Interesting to see quite a few successful managers among the players he managed at Wimbledon.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    Yeh. The headline says 54 and they go on to name 41 of them with 10 unnamed for Luton, including Frenchman Jean-Louis Valois. Unless you were a Luton fan in 2001 you'd be none the wiser and would think that the article was legit.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    And the lesson is keep the journalists on side or else you're done. Contrast Kinnears treatment with that of Arry Redknapp. Redknapp's dodgy as anything but the media have him walking on water.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Brian Kerr found that out to his expense, Trap knows the score but doesn't give a damn. The most successful of all was Ferguson, being shut out of Old Trafford was too much to bear for the boys in the press pack.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    I found the Nepal quotes for those interested:

And then there was the daddy of them all, when a nugget of information and a line I was desperate to write (“If Joe Kinnear thought he had a mountain to climb when he was manager of Nepal …”) came out on a rare quiet day. So, big Joe Kinnear. Tell us about Nepal.
    “I was in Nepal for two years as their national coach. I was there with Crown Prince Dipendra who was to be their future prince (he meant king). It was a real experience for me. I was just starting out as a coach, I was in Dubai also for two years. Nepal was to coach the national team, the contract was good, financially it was good. He was the King’s son, he had to marry some other bird. I had better be careful here or I will be having a political war.
    “He (the Crown Prince) was one of my closest friends, he was head of their FA. I was there when the whole of the royal family was killed. He was my best friend, so he used to come back to London, we would meet and go to matches. When I went back over there, he was the guy I answered to.
    “There were two castes out there. He was forced to marry another girl but he didn’t want to. He was ordered by his parents to marry her when that was the last thing he really wanted to do. He wanted to marry someone else but he couldn’t … like the usual crap. So what did he do? He killed them all and then blew his own brains out.”
    What!? Really!? “I never really felt like my life was at risk,” he said. “It came out of the blue when it happened. I got out of there about three days after and I have never been back.”
    So he's either sexing up his whereabouts for drama, gone completely mental and thinks it happened in 1987 or he in fact was there on holiday on June 1st, 2001. Without explicitly asking I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. If he claims he was such good friends with the prince then it would have been possible for him to be there in 2001. Without further evidence you can't really say for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I'd say you've hit the nail on the head there. He doesn't help himself with his rambling accounts of things but I doubt he'd invent a massacre 12 years before it actually happened. A half-decent journalist would have rung him back to clarify, but I guess they just assumed the massacre happened in '89 or whenever Kinnear was in charge.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast