Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Rovers game

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Rovers game

Wasn´t there, and haven´t talked to anyone who was, so I´m basing this ONLY on what I´ve read on the net.

As far as I can see some rovers fans started singing crap and a fight broke out. I don´t know (or care) who threw the first punch, but I hope that city fans have more sense than to react to stupid taunting. I had also hoped that this wouldn´t happen AGAIN, rovers have to do more to sort this situation out.

3 things are really concerning me though:
    1. The corner boys are being accused of having a role in this sh¡t. I know they´ve been falsley accused in the past, and I hope the same is true this time. Is there any reason why they have been named as a group?
    2. If there is any evidence of any city fans doing anything other than defending theselves, they should be banned from eL games.
    3. A lot of fans of other clubs (pats & Bohs mainly I think) are saying that the cross now has a reputation for people seeking hassle. Is this true? How? Why? And what are going to do to sort it out?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    No idea what happened so won't make comments on but at city v dub_club games i'm sure theres Cork people who go to that game just cos the dubs in town - i'm sure they may be looking to get stuck in as well. Although is much worse when rovers come to town than the others...
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Originally posted by pete
    Although is much worse when rovers come to town than the others...
    course it is
    cause they have more SCUM then any other club in the league

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ROVERS DO HAVE SCUMBAGS FOR FANS-BUT NOT ALL OF THEM

ALL CLUBS HAVE A MINORITY OF SCUMBAGS, THERES NO HIDING THE FACT, I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS BUT US CITY FANS KNOW THERE IS A MINORITY IN THE CLUB WHO LOOK FOR TROUBLE

BUT THE FACT ALSO REMAINS THAT I HAVE ONLY HEARD OF VIOLENCE AFTER A GAME AGAINST RVRS AND NO OTHER EL CLUB-I MAY BE WRONG

THIS SHOWS THAT WHEN RVRS DO COME DOWN THAT SO CALLED FANS TURN UP AT THE CROSS PRETENDING TO BE SUPPORTING THE CLUB BUT ARE REALLY LOOKING FOR TROUBLE BEFORE AND AFTER THE MATCH

I AM OPEN TO CORRECTION!
    Cork City F.C. the envy of the EL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Conor74
    Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I can't see why the Rovers fans are up in arms over the City fans reaction to their attack. It wouldn't cross my mind in a Rovers bar to burst in the door if they were singing, and start laying into their fans, and complain afterwards if a got a hiding.
    I agree Conor, I find it laughable that Rovers fans are acting like innocent victims. What did they expect to happen? Did they think that City fans were going to just sit there and be attacked???

I was standing at the back of the bar so I am open to correction but what I saw was Rovers fans reacting to a fairly harmless chant by throwing stuff at City fans. City fans started to defend themselves and then things got a bit out of hand. Police came in and cleared the pub. Why is it that every other set of away fans have sat in the Horseshoe this season without a hint of trouble?

Rovers are the only club that bring trouble whereever they go. I'm sure there are plenty of decent people who follow Rovers but as we all know they have a very sizeable SCUM element and they are the ones to blame for what happened last week.
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    rovers = SCUM

they should never have been left into the hshoe in the first place though and the owners of the bar should really have proper security measures in place every time the scum come to town cause we all know they go looking for trouble.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Originally posted by James
    rovers = SCUM

they should never have been left into the hshoe in the first place though and the owners of the bar should really have proper security measures in place every time the scum come to town cause we all know they go looking for trouble.
    Rovers fans are not allowed in MacDowells in Inchicore & just go to another pub. Are the Horseshoe so hard up or greedy for cash they not keen on a similar arrangement. I'd be surprised if there was any trouble with fans mixing at any of the other pubs in Turners Cross.

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Are the Horseshoe so hard up or greedy for cash they not keen on a similar arrangement. I'd be surprised if
    I'd say that is actually a realistic possibility. It beats me how they keep going because the only time there is anyone in there is when there is a match on.
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rovers fans aren't barred from McDowell's, they choose to drink in the Horse & Jockey down the road cos it's owned by a Rovers fan.
    Revenge for 2002

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Originally posted by Dr.Nightdub
    Rovers fans aren't barred from McDowell's, they choose to drink in the Horse & Jockey down the road cos it's owned by a Rovers fan.
    I stand corrected. Kennedys in Drumcondra won't let them in but then again maybe they not let any football fans in?

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Kennedys in Drumcondra won't let them in but then again maybe they not let any football fans in?
    It's OK when $hels are playing but they won't let any football fans in when Rovers are playing.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Eh. do you blame them?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    if im not mistaken the corner boys stayed in the corner during half time. am open to correction and most of the pubs in the cross area have security on the doors for rovers games
    soccer isn't a matter of life or death its more important than that!!!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by mouldymurphy
    if im not mistaken the corner boys stayed in the corner during half time. am open to correction and most of the pubs in the cross area have security on the doors for rovers games
    thats why i´m asking. The corner boys have got blamed for things before when they weren´t responsible and I wanted to know if it was happening again

Johnny
    People here must have very short memories, or else haven't been following City very long.Bohs have a scum element as well. I can remember trouble with them at Bishopstown the year we won the league, and there has been trouble ever since.
    Anyone remember the league game at the 'Cross in Nov.2000 ?
    ****in rain, Alan O'Shea in goal and the junkies caused £500 worth of damage to toilets at that end of the ground.
    The season before, 3 of them were arrested in Cobh. I was at that game and the behaviour was appalling. Grown men shouting abuse at small kids.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    fair point johnny, difference is that there´s trouble EVERY time rovers come down, thats not the case with bohs.