Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: The Masters 07

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The Masters 07

starting this thursday. i'd usually be following golf pretty closely but haven't at all this year so i'm not as well prepared as i'd like, but as ever with the masters its a case of horses for courses. what are people thinking? tiger at 11-8 holds no attraction for me. i'll do a bit of research and report back. for now here are some odds;

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action...v_type_id=6092

http://www.boylesports.com/betting/?gi=7

http://www.ladbrokes.com/lbr_portal

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Henrik Stenson at 35/1 looks like great odds.

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    How about Harrington? He is two shots off the lead and about 9-1 or 10-1 now. I had my 'patriotic' bet at 20-1 yesterday, looked like he had blown it but he has a chance now perhaps. I have a small bet on him every year and have never won a penny on him yet though
    I recall a few disasterous last rounds in previous years, but you never know it might be his year, he has a nasty habit of finishing second though.
    Lets hope Mr Woods sees plenty of water tomorrow

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour View Post
    How about Harrington? He is two shots off the lead and about 9-1 or 10-1 now. I had my 'patriotic' bet at 20-1 yesterday, looked like he had blown it but he has a chance now perhaps. I have a small bet on him every year and have never won a penny on him yet though
    I recall a few disasterous last rounds in previous years, but you never know it might be his year, he has a nasty habit of finishing second though.
    Lets hope Mr Woods sees plenty of water tomorrow
    harrington is decent enough value at that alright, might have a wee punt. after my enthusiasm earlier in the week i completely forgot to back anyone on thursday, but that didnt stop me enjoying the worst/craziest golf i've seen in a long time by the whole field yesterday. thinking back, the time tiger walked the US open at pebble was probably as bad but at least one man kept it going, or i guess the saturday of the open paul lawrie won also sticks in the memory. in fairness such tourneys do stick in the mind a bit better, even though i dont like seeing bad things happen to people! the 15th must have been so hard to judge, casey being a 15 yards short from about 80 yards and then having the shot over and landing it 15 yards too long it should be great watching tonight, topsy-turvy, rollercoaster, those sort of adjectives

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    LOL Harrington dropped a shot at the first but when I looked at the scoreboard he had actually gained a place and was one shot off the lead as the leader dropped 2 at the first!!
    Anyway there is a new leader and Harrington is back to 2 behind, anything could happen now, I just hope Harrington can hang in there to make it interesting to watch rather than blow his chances early on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I did Ian Poulter (125/1) and Goosen (25/1) e/w. First time I ever threw some cash on the golf.

The bonus for me was that up until Sunday night I didn't realise Goosen was even in the hunt because the last I saw on Friday was that he'd just made the cut on +8. Only had a small bet though and and that was quickly blown yesterday on the roulette machine and the fixed odds coupon

BTW, I got a *tip last Monday for Natiain at Kelso and he won easily. I got him at 9/2 but he went into 11/4.

I spoke with his owner/trainer yesterday who said he is out again at Kelso on Sunday in a similar race. You mightn't get the same price this time but he was very confident of his chances again.

*My apologies for not posting. It didn't cross my mind tbh but the majority of my tips lose anyway!
    Last edited by drinkfeckarse; 10/04/2007 at 2:57 PM.
    Top Breeders recommend drinkfeckarse....