Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rovers 1-0 UCD

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rovers 1-0 UCD

A win is a win....not the greatest performance but at the end of the day 3 points is what we wanted and we got them!
    referee was poor i thought all game! brush didnt have much to do, back 4 looked ok again another clean sheet, 3rd of the season is great!
    missed o'grady maybe in midfield, wasn't enough bight..hughes wasn't great, raf wasnt himself same for jay manson was best out of the 4 but wasnt special...choice showed some nice touches, no end product again though! faz worked hard, delighted for him scoring again...hopefully will boost his confidence, nice neat finish! badzjiak wasnt near as good as last week, great ball for the goal though!
    3 points none the less...some muppet student thinking he was it pullin off the jersey standin up to the rovers fans, was thrown out....lightened up a dull enough game!
    well done lads

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly-is-God View Post
    such a tax dodgeing b**tard,you could see that he works out 'we love julian' made a good first apperence along side 'gino is god'.poor enough performance,o grady and curren wont be back for bohs so turner has to start
    'we love julian' is shockin but what can ya do

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly-is-God View Post
    turner has to start
    long may it continue...

the cycle home seemed like it took 2 seconds with the adrenaline pumping from the last minute goal.. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

bring on bohs.. we can take at least a point from it!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    get 5 points from the next 3 games and were cruisin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    3rd in the league... happy days!

leo, four more games!!!!!

four more games!!!!!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Heard Conor O'Grady on the radio during the Match and he said how he was puzzled at the atmosphere created by the fans. He said the singing by the fans in Longford & Galway definatly was their 12th man in both these wins. But he is puzzled why we cant sing like this at home. That it really should be the other way round.
    Yet he said at half time if the fans dont lift their preformance the players might not raise their game and Rovers could struggle to win the game.
    He then said at full time the fans really got behind the team when it really mattered and they helped the players win the game.

What do ye think of that? I wasn't at the game but from the reports on the radio they said it was a dire first half with no atmosphere and it hugely improved in the second half, and it was a game Rovers deserved to win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feo123 View Post
    ....badzjiak wasnt near as good as last week, great ball for the goal though....
    Thought he was beaten by the pitch a few times, some terrible bobbles!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ya i know!!!!!! He said Julian is a fans Favorite already!
    I recognised some voices amoungst the singing as well!!!!!!
    Red&WhiteRover singing Red Army was one!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Midgit View Post
    Ya i know!!!!!! He said Julian is a fans Favorite already!
    I recognised some voices amoungst the singing as well!!!!!!
    Red&WhiteRover singing Red Army was one!!!!
    i try my best...i thought we did a good job...should get a few more there for Pats game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    were not gonna be allowed to sit in the blue anymore after the incident

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SligoBrewer View Post
    were not gonna be allowed to sit in the blue anymore after the incident
    Of course we will!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    if theres trouble at ucd...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Gavin Peers was rushed to hospital!
    Suspected Ligament damage.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Midgit View Post
    Gavin Peers was rushed to hospital!
    Suspected Ligament damage.
    thought it was him in the ambulance..ragin
    whats the story on vassas? just out of favour or not cleared yet?
    heard a story today that baadzjiak had to pay 150 euro for him to be cleared to play and he asked the club to pay it but wouldn't so had to go into his own pocket!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by feo123 View Post
    thought it was him in the ambulance..ragin
    whats the story on vassas? just out of favour or not cleared yet?
    heard a story today that baadzjiak had to pay 150 euro for him to be cleared to play and he asked the club to pay it but wouldn't so had to go into his own pocket!
    Find that hard to believe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    I heard a story, from a reliable source, that McDonald definitely won't be back, because he's living on the moon, married to Elvis, and they're raising emus . . . etc etc

Do we really need this stuff lads?
    "Even if the wind stops to blow
    Even if the sea ceases to flow
    Even if the sun ceases to rise
    The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning star glittering in the sky."

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

rov v ucd

this was my first time to see rovers this year. i was away for the derry game and was unable to go to galway /longford. firstly i want to congratulate all the players for working so hard over the past five weeks and also leo and des bearing in mind the ongoing crisis regarding a manager. my first observtions today was that the players worked very hard for each other although the 1st half was poor i thought we played all the football in the 2nd half and ucd were trying to "spoil" the game and we got a few harsh yellow cards and some dubious off side decisions against us. i thought the defence was magnificent mckenzie and peers were excellent as were coleman /foyzer. i think peers is a really good player and i only hope that his injury is not to serious. we were not as strong i the middle but what i liked about leo is that he was'nt afraid to make changes. anytime i watched him he was always encuoraging the players. i think he is an ideal anager for this team as they are all young and he seems to have gained their respect. i thoufgt choice worked hard but the ball never broke properly for him. havving watched the polish guy i can see a lot of quality here and on a good surface he could open up a defence with his passing and his clever movement. my belief is that we have some very nice footballers who can perform on a good surface . leo has them playing in quick triangular formation when they get near the oppositions box but for this to work perfectly you need a good surface because the players movement is quick nad you need the ball to travel fast.i was delighted that faz scored and he seems to be much stronger than when he first came to us (remember he is only 23) i thougt hughesie was his usual self and cretaro is a huge asset. brush also had a very good game his handling and positional sense were excellent. all in all we have got to be very happy. also iliked the chant "polska" because it can give a player great encouragement. keep up the good work lads and try and bring as many to dayler as possible . i think it will be a cracking game and we could have a surprise or two for seanie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Worst game I've seen in a long time but you have to expect that when UCD are involved. As feo said, a win is a win and I for one think we fully deserved it. Well done to Faz, still think he's not good enough though. His goal today was like the only worthwhile thing he done.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts
    'His goal today was the only worthwhile thing he done' ?????????

We won the game 1-0 and it wasn't as if it was a tap in. Give the lad a break. From what I've seen of him this season, he is well better than last year and looks as if he could have a good season.

Brutal first half today but we were away better in the second half and deserved to win the game, even though they hit the post twice. Peers a revelation at centre back though that injury looks like ligament. Mckenzie excellent and wonder how Micky mc kept him out last year. Seamus Coleman is the business. Hughes very poor today but that will have been a one off. Choice a mystery yet and if McDonald thought he was hot, it's probably best that he's gone.
    Liked the look of Brush and better under crosses that O'Hara. Banana won a point for Monaghan against Harps last night.

Incidentally, informed today that this chat about the players missing McDonald is b*****ks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast