Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ireland team booed at Dunne fight..

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ireland team booed at Dunne fight..

I didnt hear bout this...first read about it was here...http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ls/6498657.stm

Was anyone at the fight and what was the crack with the booing..?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onenilgameover View Post
    I didnt hear bout this...first read about it was here...http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ls/6498657.stm

Was anyone at the fight and what was the crack with the booing..?
    heard about this last night on the radio. absolute disgrace especially considering two of our hardest working (but perhaps not the most gifted) players, carsley and kilbane, were two of the players in attendance.

as a nation we just love to boo....... pathetic in the extreme

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Competely agreed. Heard about this on the radio and felt so ashamed. An absolute disgrace that we have debased ourselves to this kind of petty and pointless negativity. Booing after fiascos like San Marino and Cyprus I can someway take, but what do people honestly hope to achieve by booing players at outings like this? Pathetic.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was at the fight and thought the booing was out of order, you can't do that. They were there to watch the fight nothing else. Thought it was pretty stupid to highlight their precense given the mood at the weekend anyway.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It was more embarrassing to hear Jack l singing the national anthem and nobody singing along with him,except for the last bit.Agree about the booing though but never heard any of that on the tv,maybe it was only 2 or 3 idiots and has been blown out of proportion.
    MOT

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Kilbane is a ***** so what do you expect
    Last edited by gustavo; 27/03/2007 at 12:02 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dublin12 View Post
    It was more embarrassing to hear Jack l singing the national anthem and nobody singing along with him,except for the last bit.Agree about the booing though but never heard any of that on the tv,maybe it was only 2 or 3 idiots and has been blown out of proportion.
    No there was a fair few of them to be honest but like I said why highlight the fact they were there with all that was going on over the weekend. Maybe they thought that they get a good reception and it might lift them, I dunno? But either way it shows that the ill feeling goes right down to the fans and isn't this supposed media witch hunt that Stan maintains it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    To be honest, there looked like there was a fair few guys at the fight who frequent Fraziers of a Sunday morning.
    In Trap we trust

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    Kilbane is a ***** so what do you expect
    very intelligent comment. thanks
    Last edited by gustavo; 27/03/2007 at 12:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Took the words right out of my mouth JB .

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    My thoughts on this.
    It was bang out of order.
    Alot of idiots, ala celtic jersey brigade, who showed their patriotism during the English anthem at Dunnes last fight.
    Don't think it was wise to announce them to the crowd in light of all that's been said and written.
    If this constant abuse keeps up it wouldn't surprise me if the likes of Carsley decided to pack his bags and concentrate on his club game.
    It's not like these lads go out to purposely play badly. I'm sure they are as disappointed and frustrated as any decent fan is.
    There'll be snow on that one.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    its mad all the epl fans booing GSTQ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onenilgameover View Post
    I didnt hear bout this
    Was the pun intented? If so, good one!
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddladd View Post
    It's not like these lads go out to purposely play badly. I'm sure they are as disappointed and frustrated as any decent fan is.
    True, but in a way it's good for them to know how far they've fallen from the general public's affection.

I think Kerr made a good point last week but in a different context. The rugby lads are all based at home and are among the Irish the whole time. Our footballers are based in England, are immersed in their footballer "star culture" and believe the hype of the English press about their status.

A good old reality check mightn't be a bad thing. In my case it's not their performances I disapprove of, it's their whole attitude and detachment from reality. Stan's biggest selling point is a return to the Jack-era irreverence but that can't work with these players. Jack's squad were of far better character and this lot need leadership and discipline. It's an honour to play for your country, not a right. Tactics and preparation are a necessity not an inconvenience. In fairness, though, I'd imagine I'd be pretty removed from reality if I was a 25 year old multi millionaire. Also, Duffer & Robbie really looked like they craed on saturday (note Duff's celebration at the end) and the likes of Doyle, McShane and Hunt look like they have a good attitude. Kilbane's was never in question, nor Given's.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Again I think it boils down to poor media relations. The players are so far removed now from fans and there should be efforts to bridge what is a clear gap. When we hear of threats of retirements and boycotted interviews from players with no rebukes, it's open to interpretation from masses of fans with only ninety minutes of football to make their mind up, and pitch time is hardly a solid foundation for opinion basing.

Every player in the squad should look to Kevin Kilbane. We're all aware of his limits but that guy has had to endure slack from a large percentage of fans and media alike for the last ten years or so, and still goes out and gives 110%.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    This is completely out of order at any time and comes from a bunch of people who neither care about or understand the game in Ireland.

I think alot of it does stem from the fact that there are no real strong characters in the team anymore that the Irish public can associate with. However, to say they dont care is out of order. I was very close to the pitch on sat and saw instances like Duff berating Keane for not moving for a throw. These guys are representing us remember, we are there to support them and i sincerely hope we do and get the result to match on wed.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    heard about this last night on the radio. absolute disgrace especially considering two of our hardest working (but perhaps not the most gifted) players, carsley and kilbane, were two of the players in attendance.

as a nation we just love to boo....... pathetic in the extreme
    f*ck off with your 'hard working' cliches, hard work would be to take the ball past a player and deliver a decent cross, hard work is not wasting space, giving away possession and providing no supply to the strikers. the only thing kilbane does is make 'hard work' of simple things. Booing is a perfectly acceptable thing to do by people paying upwards of 70 euros to see that muck on saturday.

are you staunton in disguise ?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_sosa View Post
    f*ck off with your 'hard working' cliches, hard work would be to take the ball past a player and deliver a decent cross, hard work is not wasting space, giving away possession and providing no supply to the strikers. the only thing kilbane does is make 'hard work' of simple things. Booing is a perfectly acceptable thing to do by people paying upwards of 70 euros to see that muck on saturday.

are you staunton in disguise ?
    If a few of those players had the attitude of Kilbane we wouldn't be in the mess we're in at the moment. He's not a gifted player but he works hard, an essential quality, and he plays for the team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    To be honest most of the guys in the crowd would probably consider Larsson more Irish than Kilbane or carsley so I would not worry about it. Not worried by British football supporters anyway.
    In Trap we trust

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailer77 View Post
    If a few of those players had the attitude of Kilbane we wouldn't be in the mess we're in at the moment. He's not a gifted player but he works hard, an essential quality, and he plays for the team.
    what attitude? i don't see him chastising players for their lack of effort so what's this terrific attitude he has ? if you mean he runs more than other players so what, we should play Sonia O'Sullivan in midfield then, cos she'd be about as effective as him. The Slovaks will let him run all day long, that doesn't pose any threat to them because he's incapable of drawing players outa position or creating space for himself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast