Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Utd vrs Shamrock Rvs.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Utd vrs Shamrock Rvs.

any predictions?we took 7 points out of 9 against them last season so hopefully that bogey will continue.i wonder will tracey start,i think it showed that he was carrying an injury last friday even though baker was class.but id go for a 3-5-2 again even though its away.i said at the start of season we should play that and it worked in the 2nd half.
    prediction 1-1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Welcome back to Fortress Tolka on Friday, where the only side in the country to still have a clean sheet this year, should have little trouble in defending that record against a 10-man Galway mobile wall in their own box. This is usually a "homer" fixture, and I expect it to continue once again.

PS: We'll try to get yous out of the ground within 10 minutes of the final whistle. We employ professional security, you see.
    NL 1st Division Champions 2006
    NL Premier Division Champions 2010
    NL Premier Division Champions 2011

Keep Tallaght Tidy, Throw your rubbish in the Jodi

Ten Years Not Out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    That's fine My post because as you know the Galway lot wouldn't try and exit by the pitch while the game was still been played . But then do I really need to say any more to the reasons you lot were keep behind .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    My Town its wums like you that get rovers fans a bad name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct View Post
    My Town its wums like you that get rovers fans a bad name.

Now Now gufct. You have until Noon to make a public ann groveling apology. I presume you were reffering to the post from My Post rather than myself.

It's good to know you're human after all. I know some of us who know you well are prone to doubt it now and again
    Less Whining
    Less Moaning

What are YOU doing to make it better?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Apology accepted my town

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

any predictions lads?

not much talk about this game here.a draw would be good.at the moment we are only 5 points off a european spot btw .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    a draw would be good alright - think we are well capable of beating them - but defence may be the priority on friday

we so need a performance again
    more water!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Predictions Thread

Any of ye ever have a look at the Predictions Thread here?

Nobody gives us a prayer tomorrow night which is understandable enough based on our place on the table, but wouldn't it be great to get a win on our first visit back to the Capital as a Prem team?

BTW, while Eamo posted above that we took 7/9 last year from years fixtures but only 1/9 came in Tolka.
    Less Whining
    Less Moaning

What are YOU doing to make it better?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    As long as everyone puts in the effort and works for the team i Think we have a great chance Friday night. We need everybody on top of their game and tracking back especially on the flanks and cutting out stupid petulant frees around our box.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    0-0, second half about ten minutes old. United dominated the 1st, Rovers on top in the 2nd according to live commentary on www.galwaybayfm.ie
    Galway United - Connacht Champions 2008

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    United getting into it more now, Bernie nearly gave me a heart attack there when O'Brien had a chance................. aw fukkk rovers have just scored 1-0 Rovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Result 1-0 Rovers another late goal, another unlucky defeat. Sounded like United played well but just couldnt score. We have to start getting some points on the board soon. 1 point from 4 games and Pats coming to town next week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    this is a fukn bitch our luck is non excistent
    Yes you can have my autograph

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    strange, was expecting that to happen. Was the exact same story as last season in tolka, same scorer and all if Im not mistaken?

Wont be expecting much more than a good run next week, Pats are playing some unbelieveable football!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Just back, unlucky lads ye probibly deserved a draw... not a great match

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Talking

absolute sh*te tbh and i can tell ya theres a few out on the pitch who should take a look in the mirror cause there not trying their hardest!. its sad when after 4 games your looking to see have longford i.e bottom team have lost!. all we'r doing is hoofing long balls and theres no magic at all in the team!!. two big lads up front doesnt work i asked for murphs up front there after the sligo game he's needed more up there... barry came on and although most there we'r barking at him he was at least getting some shots in, as bad as they we'r was more then arm'y and flynn'y done!. i can assure you even though rovers have 7 points from 3 games they are absolute muck and have only played UCD and longford apart from us, rogers again put 2-3 kick outs out for throw ins...my god what is wrong with the fella..... reggie again ending up both sides of central defence(if we stay up this year wes has to be a back up at most for next year he's not up to standard...header and tackle thats all he can do). james had a blinder as 3 defender you wouldnt think he was a winger..... has improved there 10 fold on the drogs game... regardless of what happens in the pats game if we dont take 3 points against longford the following week ill be 1st down the wall after the game letting some of the lads know what i think of there effort, the clapping under-performances will end there unless theres 3 points..... the saddest part in all this is we'r one of only 3-4 full-time i.e pros in the league and we look like a good junior team tbh..... even with the full-time and lads who came in we wouldnt be setting the 1st division alight!!.

p.s we have to come to up with an end for the...''theres only 1 tony cousins song....'' because we'r signing it and we;r not in division 1 anymore and we havent found an alternative ending yet we still sing it then just fade it out at the end!!.....
    There's the right way, the wrong way.... and the Max Power way!! :-D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuisaSaigon
    Result 1-0 Rovers another late goal, another defeat.
    Payback for last October. 20 unbeaten games at home now.
    NL 1st Division Champions 2006
    NL Premier Division Champions 2010
    NL Premier Division Champions 2011

Keep Tallaght Tidy, Throw your rubbish in the Jodi

Ten Years Not Out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilberto_eire View Post
    absolute sh*te tbh and i can tell ya theres a few out on the pitch who should take a look in the mirror cause there not trying their hardest!. its sad when after 4 games your looking to see have longford i.e bottom team have lost!. all we'r doing is hoofing long balls and theres no magic at all in the team!!. two big lads up front doesnt work i asked for murphs up front there after the sligo game he's needed more up there... barry came on and although most there we'r barking at him he was at least getting some shots in, as bad as they we'r was more then arm'y and flynn'y done!. i can assure you even though rovers have 7 points from 3 games they are absolute muck and have only played UCD and longford apart from us, rogers again put 2-3 kick outs out for throw ins...my god what is wrong with the fella..... reggie again ending up both sides of central defence(if we stay up this year wes has to be a back up at most for next year he's not up to standard...header and tackle thats all he can do). james had a blinder as 3 defender you wouldnt think he was a winger..... has improved there 10 fold on the drogs game... regardless of what happens in the pats game if we dont take 3 points against longford the following week ill be 1st down the wall after the game letting some of the lads know what i think of there effort, the clapping under-performances will end there unless theres 3 points..... the saddest part in all this is we'r one of only 3-4 full-time i.e pros in the league and we look like a good junior team tbh..... even with the full-time and lads who came in we wouldnt be setting the 1st division alight!!
    Thats a bit harsh, I actually enjoyed it, While the football wasnt great, It was interesting with the formation you played to see if we could adapt. Galway had the better of the first half Rovers the second. Both sides are fit and well organised if lacking in a bit of quality and if either had a decent forward to put the ball in the net would do very well. Galway should have got a point and were unlucky to leave with nothing. O Flynn up front for you didnt try a leg all night
    Champions 2010
    Champions 2011
    Dick Brush 1 Sligo 0
    Bohs are going bust.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    what was the team and formation? 3-5-2?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast