Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Limerick CBS claim schools senior title

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Post Limerick CBS claim schools senior title

Limerick CBS claim schools senior title

Limerick CBS lifted their first schools title in 31 years when they defeated Virginia College (Cavan) in the senior final at Belfield Park, Dublin today. A 2-0 win at the UCD venue saw them lift the Dr Tony O'Neill Cup. Virginia College can't be too disheartened by the outcome having only played football for the last five years.

Limerick started better and Shane Clarke might have opened the scoring inside the opening couple of minutes after combining with Bobby Gregg to bring a great save from goalkeeper Fergal Flanagan. Adrian Cole's long range effort was the best Virginia could produce. The deadlock was broken on 23 minutes after Eoin Hanrahan cut inside from the wing and while heading towards goal was taken down by Killian Lynch. Clarke stepped up and slotted home the resulting penalty to make it 1-0.

Read more at www.irishfootballonline.com
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    I was at it, I went to CBS and happened to be off on Wednesday. Very organised, played an attractive passing game, deserved winners.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Fairplay, I remember the place well