Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stadium discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Stadium discussion

So far as it stands

According to DI Meath cc unanimously agreed to review the development plan! After this, it needs a percentage of people to vote for it out of 20 odd people - 3/4's or something?? According to one councillor last night, if all goes to plan, building can still commence in 6 months - and he thinks it will!!

Can someone correct me if im worng on teh above please?

Good coverage in teh DI this week - especially gerry kellys piece basically saying that some people are objecting to it for their own reasons!!

I think we all knw what he means by that!!

What a smables teh drogheda borough concil meeting was too - people making t!ts of themselves !!

5000 is an enormous amount of houses - but the reality is, one of the main opponents of letting drogheda united go ahead with it has said on his website that in reality there will be 5000 houses built there in 2 years time - with or without drogheda united involvement!!

I reckon Meath cc have 2 options:

- have another disaster like laytown in 2 years time and have 5000 houses with f*** all facilities, amentities, etc - well done on that one lads!!

- or have 5000 houses built with a stadium, sports campus and alot of other things that are proposed!!( basically drogheda united reckon theyve all angles covered - with schools, new road, etc that the developer will buiild all in the proposal)
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Had to laugh (if not i'd cry) at a certain meath councillor who is bragging in the Drogheda leader this week about getting a new pitch for the Gaa club in Donecarney (name escapes me at the moment) on the back of a developer building some houses. In other words he rekons he has pushed or will push through the planning in order to get the pitch. Same thing, smaller scale.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sduffy View Post
    They will argue that the housing should be spread around the region rather than confined to a single location.
    Stephen, ye dont seem to fully understand - there will be 5000 houses in that 'region' regardless of what drogheda united do or dont do within a couple of years!!

How the f*** is it right for an estate agent who sells houses in new developments in that area allowed to be a f***ing councillor and have a say in this! It stinks

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Looking at things as how they could stand in a handful of years for a minute.

The stadium being so close to these houses would, I imagine, bring in more, prehaps many more, fans in the turn-stiles. That would be terrific boost to the club's long term future, in relation to year-to-year finances. It makes things a little clearer to see why they are determined to see so many new houses and with that, people, around the stadium. In theory, it's win-win and then we too might win-win-win. However...

Back to reality. When can we expect a decision to be announced on this Cosmo? Any idea? If it goes against us a project of this potential will surly still see the light to day, including Drogheda United with it, I hope.
    A man is never really poor,
    if he can still laugh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coltron View Post
    If it goes against us a project of this potential will surly still see the light to day, including Drogheda United with it, I hope.
    If it goes against us, we're up sh!t creek coltron!!

According to ged nash, it will be a couple of months before the main vote!!

Hopefully citizen smith registers on here as his info is always spot on and would be alot more accurate than mine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    stephen is there any chance that you could go away and leave people to discuss what is a very serious and sensitive issue .We dont need or want your smart arse comments on here or on the drogs forum .Your a wum and nothing more .Back to division 1 with ya .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    [QUOTE=sduffy;647323]There's that f**king word again?

In case its escaped your attention you can't get my opinions on the stadium on the Drogs forum because Sean has decided that the single most important issue relating to DUFC is not to be discussed. So you won't be getting mine or ideed anybody else's opinion on the matter on that particular forum. Does that not bother you?

Also, I have every right to discuss the matter because DUFC have got a license on the basis that they'll be moving into a stadium that at this momemt in time appears to be little more than a winkle in somebody's eye. That's the business of every single person that supports an Eircom League

give me a break with your self righteous crap will ya .IF a Drogheda united supporter said black youd say white .Its a fact that you are a wum and a bad one at that .WE are football supporters and dont give a flying fcuk if they build 10000 houses as long as we get our stadium .What do you suggest we do object to the plans due to the number of houses etc ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    He's even written his own blog which is referenced on eastmeath.org.
    http://thelilywhite.blogspot.com/
    Hadn't even the guts to use his name. Some pretty libellous statement there as well.

I used to think this guy was intelligent, but I'm not sure now.

Remember he told us we'd never won anything, then it was we never repeat it. Then we'd make a show of the country in Europe. Then he starts on the fact that we are not a real club unless we win the league. Now he has the inside info on the stadium. Its fairly obvious to me that he is getting very very nervous that it may come off and we will win trophies for years to come.

Tell me Stephen - why the hell do you care what happens south of Drogheda, as you are from Craptown and live in Belfast? The only thing I hope for outside my hometown is that the border with the North is brought five miles south.

Anyway I'm off to get ready to see the match in our Setanta cup group - something Craptown have never played in or are likely to in the next ten years.
    Hunky Dorys Park - could be worse, we could be going to Old Trafford every other week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    .Its a fact that you are a wum and a bad one at that
    Quote Originally Posted by sduffy View Post
    Oh yes??
    read what Celdrog has written and think again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celdrog View Post
    I used to think this guy was intelligent, but I'm not sure now.
    Tell me Stephen - why the hell do you care what happens south of Drogheda, as you are from Craptown and live in Belfast?
    QED

You didn't even answer the questions so you are a bad wum, a scaredey one as well. Run along and tell you mammy that the big boys are giving out to you.
    Hunky Dorys Park - could be worse, we could be going to Old Trafford every other week

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What's the latest on the stadium? Any deadline dates set? Any contingency plans if it goes pear shaped?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paddigol View Post
    What's the latest on the stadium? Any deadline dates set? Any contingency plans if it goes pear shaped?
    Its not going ahead, planning permission refused. We cannot play in United Park next season, money men are pulling out and we will have our licence rescinded by mid-season.
    But I'm sure some Cork fans will organise an online petition for us seeing as you expect the league to support your ongoing battle with FIFA.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Celdrog View Post
    Its not going ahead, planning permission refused. We cannot play in United Park next season, money men are pulling out and we will have our licence rescinded by mid-season.
    But I'm sure some Cork fans will organise an online petition for us seeing as you expect the league to support your ongoing battle with FIFA.
    I asked a few questions - what's with the attitude? How am I supposed to get updates without asking questions? I hope you get your stadium but you can stick your bitterness up your h@le.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    All is going to become apparent in the next couple of weeks .A statement is on its way from dufc and lets just say im fcukin chuffed with what i have been told

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paddigol View Post
    I asked a few questions - what's with the attitude? How am I supposed to get updates without asking questions? I hope you get your stadium but you can stick your bitterness up your h@le.
    Serious chill pill required. Can you not recognise a bit of sarcasm. I read you comments on the petition page and you accuse me of having an attitude.
    Go and ask on Langerweb - they know everything.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Drogheda United when they built United Park back in the mid 1970's were doing something about improving facilities at that time. This new stadium proposal is another progressive step, but it is important not only for your club I would contend , but the League as a whole that your new stadium gets built. Other clubs will be able to follow your example if you are successful with this venture.
    If you are not able to build the stadium , your present home is far from having the required number of seats for a Premier licence so things could get ropey in the medium term.

Good luck with the new stadium planning permission. Drogheda United FC need it, the area in general needs the other infrastructure being proposed to coincide with the new Stadio Fabio ( well at least until you get a sponsor for the name )

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie View Post
    Drogheda United when they built United Park back in the mid 1970's were doing something about improving facilities at that time. This new stadium proposal is another progressive step, but it is important not only for your club I would contend , but the League as a whole that your new stadium gets built. Other clubs will be able to follow your example if you are successful with this venture.
    I'd echo those sentiments. When you look at some of the commercial and even residential developments that get the go-ahead around the country, it's a disgrace that sports organisations seem to constantly have to fight so hard for every little development they seek.
    Money talks clearly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie View Post
    If you are not able to build the stadium , your present home is far from having the required number of seats for a Premier licence so things could get ropey in the medium term.

Good luck with the new stadium planning permission. Drogheda United FC need it, the area in general needs the other infrastructure being proposed to coincide with the new Stadio Fabio ( well at least until you get a sponsor for the name )

I reckon stadio fabio is a great name

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    So what sort of announcement is expected?
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Speaking to fella at work who lives right next to whether proposed houses are due & while he knows nothing about Drogs he fully expects planning to be granted sooner or later but maybe not on Drogs schedule...
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I reckon your right pete it will be granted but not within our expected time frame .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast