Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Kickstart 1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Kickstart 1

Did it at the weekend, not much difference between it and the old level 0.

Anybody else do it yet? what did you think of it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Did the old Level 0 when I started out a few years back but haven't seen or done the new Kickstart module. I'm assuming it's pretty much the same as before with the focus on the key learning skills for younger kids - the FUNdamentals!! Have they incorporated more emphasis on the small sided games? I know the FAI were running 'small sided games' as a separate course but it made more sence to me to have that incorporated into the kickstart programme. Do you know who the tutor on the course? I wonder if Jimmy McDermott & Maurice Price are still invloved with the coach education setup. Two excellent coaches whom I learned a lot from during nay coaching sessions I did with them. Used to bump into Jimmy up in Total Fitness on the Malahide Road when I was in Dublin and get a great tactical discussion in the hydroterapy pool....!!!! Two real football men with a wealth of knowledge and some great stories.
    Foot.ie - NFL Fantasy Football Champion, 2006!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlosIRL
    Did the old Level 0 when I started out a few years back but haven't seen or done the new Kickstart module. I'm assuming it's pretty much the same as before with the focus on the key learning skills for younger kids - the FUNdamentals!! Have they incorporated more emphasis on the small sided games? I know the FAI were running 'small sided games' as a separate course but it made more sence to me to have that incorporated into the kickstart programme.
    Decent introductory course, and pretty much as you describe it, with the emphasis on coaching 6-9 year olds. A fair amount of small sided games and drills are laid out in the folder provided, and each group has the opportunity to put some of these into practice and receive feedback. Like I said, a decent introduction as a first step, but naturally some of the games/drills would be a bit too basic to use if you were involved in coaching older age groups.
    The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.
    Muhammad Ali

Roy Keane is still a pri*k!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlosIRL
    . Do you know who the tutor on the course? I wonder if Jimmy McDermott & Maurice Price are still invloved with the coach education setup. Two excellent coaches
    I think Jimmy is still around as I did a course where he was the Coach about
    15 months ago.Top man alright and I can honestly say that I still refer back to the notes taken on the course.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Jimmy Mcdermott is gone from the FAI and Maurice is retired!!

Jimmy whilst a good coach has an awful attitude. Great move by the FAI

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by teckno

Jimmy whilst a good coach has an awful attitude.
    I disagree, whilst jokes would be in short supply on his courses and he is a bit serious, but I still think he is/was ok attitude wise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I personally like Jimmy but I do know a few people who didn't get on with him during courses as he can come across as short with people at times. He was very helpful with me on my courses and very approachable before my assessments by phone or in the gym etc..

So who is running the coaching department now? Wasn't Fran Butler (not sure if name is right!) also heavily invloved.
    Foot.ie - NFL Fantasy Football Champion, 2006!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sort of up in the air. Two new lads John Morling and Paul Hamill are involved as far as I know.
    I did a course with Jimmy down in the country and it was an awful experience really turned a lot of people off it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just did kickstart1 the weekend just gone, Paul Sheridan who is the coaching officer for south leinster ran it, very impressed. Was very passionate about the game, you cna tell he loves his job, very funny also, so there was a laid back side to it.

Overall thought the course was excellent for anyone teaching 5-9 year olds, which i am..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Its a good course and i would add thats lads training these young ppl should also do Kickstart 2 - good course for add on pieces

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlos View Post
    I personally like Jimmy but I do know a few people who didn't get on with him during courses as he can come across as short with people at times. He was very helpful with me on my courses and very approachable before my assessments by phone or in the gym etc..

So who is running the coaching department now? Wasn't Fran Butler (not sure if name is right!) also heavily invloved.
    I did my Kickstart 1 & 2 over the summer & autumn great courses learnt alot especially kickstart 2 Noel o 'Reilly what a coach !!! I believe he is also one on the main ones involved in the overall set up ..... I also have my name down to do the goalkeeping intro in june anybody do this course was it any good ? ...