Thread: St Pats Take over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    Have Pats sold their soul ??
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kerr
    The key attraction for me and one of the main reasons why I am happy to come is that St Pat's will continue to play in Inchicore in what will be a modernised stadium...The thought of moving to somewhere like Tallaght was abhorrent to me...We have no intention of leaving Inchicore. The area needs St. Pat's and St. Pat’s needs the area.
    How much clearer does it have to be? The soul of our club is in very good hands.
    Revenge for 2002

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Nightdub View Post
    How much clearer does it have to be? The soul of our club is in very good hands.
    So Brian Kerr has the controlling interest in Pats then?
    Or is he's merely going on what your new property speculating owner has told him!?
    Not saying that this aint the holy grail you all seem to think it is, its just i wouldnt be quite so happy until i'd seen the guy walk the walk after all this talking he seems to be doing through Kerr!

Keep your eyes & ears open would be my opinion, at least until you're 100% sure of his long term intenions!

Koh
    Thomas Davis have said they will be the last man standing, they were WRONG!!

SRFC will NEVER die!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    No one knows DvB, some of us are slightly more grounded than others BUT Brian Kerr is god, and if he's attached that'll keep me happy for a little bit. A relation of mine has seen the plans he submitted months ago to DCC and they're ambitious but acheivable. Very little pie in the sky stuff that LOI chairman seem to love

I've done a bit of research on Kelleher for the past number of months. He's notoriously private regarding his business deals. Coming out so open about this one makes no sense and is totally at odds to his usual way.

His PR drive this week alone is impressive
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by DvB View Post
    So Brian Kerr has the controlling interest in Pats then?
    Or is he's merely going on what your new property speculating owner has told him!?
    Not saying that this aint the holy grail you all seem to think it is, its just i wouldnt be quite so happy until i'd seen the guy walk the walk after all this talking he seems to be doing through Kerr!
    OK listen, I accept you are far more familiar with property development and land banks and so on than me, and yes, I know you've been saying to me for yonks that this has all the hallmarks of big property deals you've seen happen before.

But bear in mind there's an equal possibility - the same building blocks (no pun intended! ), parcels of land, etc are being put in place in Inchicore for something that you or me or no-one else has ever seen before simply cos it's never been tried in this town before.

Of course I want to believe it's true and not believe the worst, same as any Pats fan. We all dream. But it's not just blind optimism on my part, it's also putting the two and two's together. I just posted this a couple of minutes ago on our forum, so to save meself the bother of retyping it all again...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Nightdub on our forum
    The bit that makes me 110% convinced that all this is on the level is Kerr saying in today's Mirror that "“I told Johnny that Garrett didn’t want to come on board unless I was involved.”

Any doubting Thomases should note the sequence: no Kerr, no Kelleher. That's the key to this whole thing.

If Kelleher was merely after a land grab, he'd've simply plonked down €X million last autumn when he first came on the scene, Mulvey and some others would've probably bitten his hand off and we'd be much more at risk of a Milltown scenario.

That didn't happen.

Yeah, Kelleher wants Kerr involved, but not as a smokescreen or a front man - don't forget he's big enough to be able to tell Donald Trump to do one, he doesn't bloody need front men. He wants Kerr cos of his unparalleled track record at developing underage football talent. I'm guessing if he's building the tallest building in the States, he's not one to settle for second best at anything, be it skyscraper-building or youth development. Don't forget he went to the States on a tennis scholarship so he knows a bit about development of young sporting talent.

Go back donkey's years, to when the Ajax kit made a brief appearance in Richmond. That followed a visit to their academy in Amsterdam around the end of Kerr Era 1. You reckon whatever impression that visit left has been totally lost? I'm only putting two and two together out loud here, but I'd like to think that's what Kelleher and Kerr are aiming for.

Like I said, no Kerr, no Kelleher. Yes Kerr, yes academy, yes Kelleher, yes a revitalised Pats, yes a revitalised Richmond, yes a revitalised Inchicore, yes a bright gleaming future.
    You want to see him walk the walk? He already has - he walked away last autumn, when we all first heard about him and thought all our Christmases had come at once. At the risk of repeating myself, no Kerr, no Kelleher. But Andy obviously didn't delete his number from his mobile and now we're at yes Kerr, yes Kelleher.

Hence my optimism. Now I'd love to stay and debate the thing with you some more but as you know, I'm in the process of moving. Pats aren't!
    Revenge for 2002

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,922 Posts
    Ive done a bit of research on Kelleher for the past number of months. He's notoriously private regarding his business deals. Coming out so open about this one makes no sense and is totally at odds to his usual way.
    You have to hope that he has the interests of the club at heart. He can do anything he wants. Are the interests of the club protected in legal documents?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    He's notoriously private regarding his business deals. Coming out so open about this one makes no sense and is totally at odds to his usual way.
    Maybe, just maybe, it's cos this isn't simply just another business deal to him - and a very chickensh1t one too, compared to some of his other stuff. Maybe it's cos he's got a personal interest in this beyond the money element?
    Revenge for 2002

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's been hugely impressive.

Fearing the worst you could say that Kerr is either

A. Being lied to just as much as the rest of us.

or

B. In on the scam.

Neither scenario seems particularly likely to me but if they were true you'd have to wonder - why would Kelleher bother This is small fry compared to the attention and hassle that building Chicago's biggest skyscraper will bring you. He could have easily done a land grab without the PR blitz and building up of (possibly) false hope And why would there be plans to renovate Richmond - he could have come out with some pie-in-the-sky super stadium scheme down the road somewhere with no intention of ever building it?

Anyway, while there's still questions to be answered at least one clear thing has emerged that we can all agree on.

Tallaght is abhorrent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    bang on jerry

but i suspect the 'Special K' team will be addressing the Pats massive on Friday directly.

There will also be a Big Macnas display - I urge all EL fans to give up supporting their clubs and follow Pats. The Delaneyship is dead. Long Live the Republic of Inchicorestan!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wws View Post
    I urge all EL fans to give up supporting their clubs and follow Pats.
    Nah, as we saw the other night, it's far more fun when there's fans of other clubs to humiliate.

We're from Inchicore and we're richer than you!
    Revenge for 2002

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Nightdub View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, it's cos this isn't simply just another business deal to him - and a very chickensh1t one too, compared to some of his other stuff. Maybe it's cos he's got a personal interest in this beyond the money element?

This very week, Kelleher has been meeting with community representatives and other groups in Chicago to win support for his other (150-story, $2bn) project. The final plans will be unveiled in the next few weeks. Genuinely surprised to see him in Richmond yesterday but this would appear to back up the point above.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry The Saint View Post
    This very week, Kelleher has been meeting with community representatives and other groups in Chicago to win support for his other (150-story, $2bn) project. The final plans will be unveiled in the next few weeks. Genuinely surprised to see him in Richmond yesterday but this would appear to back up the point above.
    Is Kelleher known as a Pats fan? Just wondering why Pats?
    I'm what? I'm ants at a picnic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

he wasnt in richmond yesterday!

my guess is those pics were taken last summer!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

naa if ya look behind them the walls were only recently painted,

http://unison.ie/images_papers/news/...res/400932.jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paudie View Post
    Is Kelleher known as a Pats fan? Just wondering why Pats?
    Have you seen the state of the other Dublin clubs. Not even a contest...

Oh and hoopdub, ever hear of a rhetorical question?
    ---

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    The 2 most famous and successful Dublin clubs aren't for sale so that leaves Shels or Pats.....

KOH
    Last edited by A face; 14/03/2007 at 8:11 PM. Reason: Fixed quotes
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wws View Post

We can't rule out the possiblity of cloning. Or have you forgotten just how rich this guy is?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    The 2 most famous and successful Dublin clubs aren't for sale so that leaves Shels or Pats.....

KOH
    Don't forget about Dublin's least successful and least famous club. We're not for sale either!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bald Student View Post
    Don't forget about Dublin's least successful and least famous club. We're not for sale either!
    All good points. Also we're the only football club with plans (now!) to stay in the city.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    All good points. Also we're the only football club with plans (now!) to stay in the city.
    Only just, Belfield Bowl is about 5 yards from the border with the Corpo and is a few hundred yards further from O'Connel Street that Richer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Whatever culchie
    ---

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast