Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bray 2-0 WYFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bray 2-0 WYFC

Well we lost 2-0,wasn't at the game but it dosen't seem to bad.2-0 against a Premier Division side in only our 2nd friendly game and our first against a LOI side.Also our squad has only been picked.UCD Saturday-things can only get better! I hope!!!!
    Mick Wallace's black and white army

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Bray scored first in the 13th minute - free kick out near the right corner flag, half cleared and drilled into the bottom roght corner. Dunphy might have been able to get a hand to it. Rest of the first half was pretty much dominated by Bray. They hit the crossbar with a header from a corner late on.

Second half started much better for us. Lloyd Colfer brought a good save out of the keeper, and set up another chance that was hit tamely into the keepers hands. Wexford brought on 6 subs at once with about 25 mins to go. Bray scored the second in the 78th minute - ball played across the box from the left, smashed into the goal. Keeper had no chance.

Best players for Wexford imo were Antonhy Russell (man-marking for second half), Marty Kelly and Lloyd Colfer looked fairly lively too.

I asked a Bray fan how many of the team which started today would be considered part of the starting 11, and he reckoned 5, maybe 6.

Wasn't the best game I ever attended.........!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    so not 2 bad for us then.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Basically, I thought we were crap in the first half but showed some promise in the second.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Were they playing in the u-18s kit tonight?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah they were.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Any news atall on a kit,website etc.... league starts next friday

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Have to agree with Forza on most aspects of the game. It was definitely a good learning experience, we wanted too much time on the ball especially at the back and got caught in posession too often. Bray looked sharper but that has to be expected given their better pre season.
    I think we're going to struggle defending set pieces all season, Dunphy hasn't got great hands in the goal and a severe lack of strenght and height is a problem. The team looked very young, more than I expected and they need to build strenght by the looks of things. Fox and Delaney for Bray are two big men (Delaney in height, Fox in width!) and we never looked able to challenge them. If anything Fox was Brays most effective player because when he got the ball there was no knocking him over.
    Start of the both halves Wexford worried Bray a bit, especially second half, you could really see the potential in the side. Substitutions did us no favours, especially the right sided player in the back three, he was terribly exposed by the Bray winger.
    Overall I'd say a good run out for both sides, Wexford will have learned a lot from it. They need to play the ball quicker and not take so much out of it. I'd see biggest weaknesses as defending set pieces, goalkeeper (one crazy punch from a corner, took two attempts to gather simplest of shots, poor for first goal, kick outs not the best), and playing three five two teams are always going to have a chance to get at us down the wings. Also possibly lacking an out and out striker, all the lads who played up front were running the channels and getting very little ball. I thought needed someone getting at Clive Delaney in the centre, having a run at him and turning him on the deck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    I forgot to mention the referee sending the Bray manager off. Very funny, Bray manager about ten minutes before was warning one of his players not to say a word to the ref because he was a nut case who could do anything. Cue free kick in front of dug out, Bray manager gives referee some run of the mill guff, ref warns him to keep quiet, Bray manager has to have another dig, ref looses it an tells him he's sent off, manager hops over wall and stans at other side, about a foot away from his previous position, game continues. Probably the highlight of the first half to be honest. And he was back on the sideline for the second half.
    Another funny incident when injured Bray player had to come off with five mins left, fussy officials refused to let Bray put back on a player previously substituted, despite Wexford saying they had no objection. Crazy.
    Three bookings in the game 2 for Wex 1 for Bray. 1 each definitely deserved for bad late tackles. The other a bit more debateable. Ref never let the game flow, very fussy, on a cold night he really could have lightened up a bit!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Lads,
    Just reading trough a few of yer threads and the name Michael Grangle popped up. Is he playing for Wexford Youth?
    If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later

FORM IS TEMPORARY, CLASS IS PERMANENT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    any chance of the lineup for that match on here lads? We get sweet FA in England about it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Taz i'd say it'll definitely be on braywanderers.ie later on today. As well as a match report, which I'm looking forward to, be nice to see what they made of it all. I forgot to bring paper with me to write down the lineups, I had meant to and all

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    wexford were poor considering it was second string bray team they were chasing shadows and dont look to have a striker where was carlos(bolivian)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    It wasn't a second string Bray side at all, it was only short a few starters. There's at least another 10 players involved in the Wexford squad that weren't at the game acccording to the lads last night. I'd say more of them will be out aainst UCD Saturday. In fairness for first game of senior football ever it was an OK performance. They were only totally outplayed after bringing on all the subs at once. This Bray side had already played four or five quality pre season games and they're supporters are expecting them to be top half of the premier. I think you should be looking for more positives.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Carlos is no more...as far as we are concerned anyways.

Mick's keeping 28 players though, which may seem like a lot, but he has to have a side in the U-21 league when it starts in June. You're allowed play 4 overage players in it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    I forgot to mention the referee sending the Bray manager off. Very funny, Bray manager about ten minutes before was warning one of his players not to say a word to the ref because he was a nut case who could do anything. Cue free kick in front of dug out, Bray manager gives referee some run of the mill guff, ref warns him to keep quiet, Bray manager has to have another dig, ref looses it an tells him he's sent off, manager hops over wall and stans at other side, about a foot away from his previous position, game continues.
    The ref said 'don't tell me how to do my job' and Gormley just couldn't resist 'Well do it then', the ref roared at him 'get outta there' and sent him three feet away over the wall! Highlight of the night!
    Who's managing Wexford? Mick Wallace seemed to have the biggest input pitchside last night, Dolo was very quiet? Best of luck to yous for the season anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Wallace is the manager, Dolan is head coach. Not sure if Wallace has all his coaching badges etc. but he's definitely the one making the decisions.
    Now you mention Pat Dolan he looks like he might be back in training himself, he must of lost about 5stone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ForzaWexford View Post
    Carlos is no more...as far as we are concerned anyways.

Mick's keeping 28 players though, which may seem like a lot, but he has to have a side in the U-21 league when it starts in June. You're allowed play 4 overage players in it.
    The 21's is out the window this year, its going to be under 20's and no over age players aloud. Sorry lads but asked the question already and got no reply,is Michael Grangle playing for Wexford Youths.??
    If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    no michael grangel isnt in squad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wexman View Post
    no michael grangel isnt in squad
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast