Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waterford game

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Waterford game

Supposed to be playing Waterford tonight. Any news of how it went?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3-0 to Waterford unfortunately
    Mick Wallace's black and white army

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thank you. Any wyfc play well?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    not sure, was just told by a Waterford lad
    Mick Wallace's black and white army

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sorry to inform ye but ye had a team of hurlers out there with no organisation and not a clue, Wallac is VERY naive tactic wise and with the ins and outs of protocall a clown.

You also had a four year old girl on the bench, do you think your playing in a field by new ross , lads this is the League of Ireland

I think the youths will have to grow up quickly

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question

I'm afraid you're not as articulate as you might be when expressing your views. No need to use words like 'clown' unless you're more at home in that kind of environment. Wallace knows what he's doing and will do it in his own way. Of course the players lack a little finesse at the moment but we need to give them a chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    At the end of the day to put a team together so quickly and expect wins so early is a miracle...

I am just proud

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    At the end of the day to put a team together so quickly

He is working on it months and he is a clown, he showed up to the launch of the league in a t-shirt and jeans , he had a child on the bench , he had his team sheet 25 minutes late for the game , he was constantly outside his technical area in the game, the team were late coming out for the second half. Yeah he really knows what hes doing , a lack of respect and style the man is a dinosaur I hope you are still so proud when come the end of the season you have no crowds and are struggling at the bottom of the league.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We are new but above the nitpicking and small-minded approach. I'm for respect but some conventions go out of date like dinosaurs. This fondness for protocol has really stood to Waterford in recent years!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    I'd be almost inclined to agree with Tis-smee. I said this in the other thread but your pre-match warm up was quite poor. I don't think it involved any ball work or imagination. I know it's very early days but the set up does look a little too amateur even if that's what you are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by new blue View Post
    We are new but above the nitpicking and small-minded approach. I'm for respect but some conventions go out of date like dinosaurs. This fondness for protocol has really stood to Waterford in recent years!
    Protocal is protocol so rules is rules , my point is that ye are small minded , could you inform me when we didnt follow protocal

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Personally I think it's a bad this your owner is your manager. It makes the team and club his hobby and he has no management experience at this level.

Hope it works out okay but he just seems a more popular version of Danny Drew!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Was at the game against waterford. thought in the second half, at times, ye played some decent football. Wats with playing 3 games 3 days in a row?? Bray thursday, us friday and UCD sat?? even a pro team wouldnt do that! but good luck for the year anyway!
    I’m not pedantic...I’m merely overly concerned with minute details.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    was at 3 wexford games over week end and they were v poor there are far better players in wexford than them

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Have to say I'm really surprised at some of the negativity, I have some concerns about the off field matters at the club eg promotion, merchandising etc. but I think criticising players at this stage is ridiculous.

Wallace has taken on Pat Dolan and, I think, Noel O'Connor, two of the most qualified coaches in the country to assist with team preperation and the like. I'd like to see the team sheet for the 3 games, but I'd imagine most, if not all, the 30 or so players still involved were given a game.

Obviously then a full strenght team is unlikely to have played any of the games. It was an oppurtunity to assess all of the players against teams of a decent standard in a short space of time and I'm sure it'll prove to be a useful experiment. I don't think its fair to start to judge the standard of the players until well into the season, no matter how much they have trained together, they are facing a massive step up in class which will take time.

Calling Wallace a dinosaur because he refuses to wear a suit is unjustified. The clothes are a political statement by the man, he has proved that you don't have to conform to become a hugely successful business man. He is also highly regarded for his concerns with social housing and his anti-war stance. If anything he is one of the more forward thinking people in the country and far from a dinosaur.

I have the odd concern about his persitence with a 3-5-2 formation, but that's where his coaches come in. Anyway all I'm saying is lets not rush to any judgements or start making rash statements. Wallace is doing something very admirable in trying to establish a community based club in Wexford. He has always maintained that he will step away from first team affairs once the club is establised. Sponshorip deals and the like are reputedly in the pipeline and this is probably effecting the commercial launch of the club, this is where we lag far behind Limerick 37, but, I believe, and hope, that this will all come good shortly.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i aint being critical of players they are doing their best im just saying there are better players in wexford than them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    Maybe there are better players, but were they interested? It was open trials after all. If players didn't attend trials they can't be picked. I know Wallace has his favourites too, and maybe some players were overlooked that should have been picked, but it's a long term project and there will be oppotrunities in the future. It's a very young squad with a lot of potential, give them a chance and they might just surprise everyone.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i know of three players that went to trials that got overlooked. one of them is best midfielder in county for last five year another has played in dublin for last several years in top divisions with top teams and another scored two in friendly game last week for youths. wex youths has now played three games and havent looked like scoring if wallace wanted to pick his favourites y didnt he say so two months ago

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    That's fair enought alright, they definitely need a striker from what I saw at the Bray game (the fact the didn't score against Waterford or UCD seems to back this up too). A solid midfielder too. I heard about at least one other player that was outstanding in the trials too and didn't make it. I'm willing to give Wallace and Dolan the benefit of the doubt though and reserve judgement until the end of the season.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    oh ya dont get me wrong must give them benefit of doubt i will fully support them who is other outstanding player that should have made squad?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast