Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shamrock Rovers Fans Defamation on 2FM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Shamrock Rovers Fans Defamation on 2FM

Anyone else hear that spacer Alan Hunter on the Gerry Ryan Show?

He reckons that supporters of Shamrock Rovers have been on the airwaves saying they will cause trouble tomorrow during the rugby. Couldn't really get what the hell he was on about he was talking that much ****e but something to do with Republican Sinn Féin are holding a protest tomorrow outside Croke Park and supporters of Shamrock Rovers Football Club have been on radio shows saying there are going to cause trouble.

Wait for onslaught from the Rovers lads. Really bad piece with no one on from RSF or Rovers.

I would sue and get rid of this k.n.o.b for once and for all.
    Last edited by fbtn; 23/02/2007 at 1:23 PM. Reason: typo

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Sounds like the usual pathetic RTE attempt to get listeners.

If you feel strongly then send complaint. They have to reply.

Making a Complaint to RTÉ

RTÉ exists to provide quality public service programmes on radio and television. The public pays a licence fee to receive these services. The standards we set for ourselves can be found in our Programme-makers' Guidelines.

If members of the public are of the opinion that a programme or a segment of a programme has breached the Guidelines they are entitled to express their views and complain either in writing or by e-mail.

Initially the complaint should be addressed directly to the programme or the relevant department if known (e.g. News and Current Affairs, Radio etc.). If the department is not known please contact RTÉ Information Office for assistance. Complaints by email should be emailed directly to the programme's email address or to complaints@rte.ie.

RTÉ is committed to responding to all reasonable communications concerning programme content. It is RTÉ's policy that all complaints should receive meaningful replies which attempt to address issues raised in complaints.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Who does he think he is - Mick McCaffrey? That story is ENTIRELY made up. The game has hardly been mentioned on the Ultras forum - nobody could give a feck about it. Anyway - real Rovers fans certainly won't be inside GAA bigot HQ.
    Last edited by khoop; 23/02/2007 at 3:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khoop View Post
    Who does he think he is Mick McCaffrey - that story is ENTIRELY made up. The game has hardly been mentioned on the Ultras forum - nobody could give a feck about it. Anyway - real Rovers fans certainly won't be inside GAA bigot HQ.
    Try get a recording of the show and identiy exactly where he may have defamed the club and its supporters.

Send a complaint to RTE through your solicitor (I'm sure there's one or two in the 400 club) and send a letter to Alan Hunter and RTE asking them to retract the comments and apologise.

If they do not tell them you will begin proceedings without further notice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Could one of our experts please give us a link to the show.
    Champions 2010
    Champions 2011
    Dick Brush 1 Sligo 0
    Bohs are going bust.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Sounds like a great opportunity to silence Alan "self appointed voice of Irish football" Hunter once and for all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    He was asked who had been saying that they would cause trouble. He first of all said, a soccer club that is known for fans causing trouble. When Gerry Ryan pushed him to say who, he said Shamrock Rovers.

Unless he provides proof of where and when Rovers fans said this, he should be sued. He phoned in near the end of the show so there was no time for anyone from RSF or Rovers to respond.

Irresponsible by RTE to give this nutter air time but he also mentioned he had been on the Nolan Show on BBC this morning as well. God knows what crap he was coming out with there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    I said this on the Ireland forum but SR should not let this go.As if Rovers fans care about the feelings of GAA fans after the whole Thomas Davis affair.As FBTN said it is defamation, full stop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoops1 View Post
    Could one of our experts please give us a link to the show.
    See the members section on our forum.

http://www.srfcultrasforum.com/forum...isplay.php?f=3

KOH
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    If you go onto the Rte site and navigate to the 2fm page you can download each days show from the archive. You need Real Player to listen, I'm in work now so not sure if its todays show or last weeks that's there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Today's show isnt up yet.

It's about time that someone was on to shut this **** up once and for all.

Guys has anyone contacted the fai about this supposed supporters group to see if they are recognised etc? I know it might be a bit wishful thinking to expect a sensible answer out of the clowns but you just never know....
    Last edited by tippex; 23/02/2007 at 12:44 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Typical Rovers.

PS
    Only joking.
    Cogito ergo Bohs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Alan Hunter - is that the one and only member of the self styled Irish Football Supporters club, or whatever he calls it? He's been quiet for a bit. Don't remember him ever suggesting that he'd heard of teh League of Ireland before.
    That question was less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Help me, Arthur Murphy, you're my only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    I bow to no one. bar Bluebeard and Mr A

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebeard View Post
    He's been quiet for a bit.
    He's been on Declan Carthy's newstalk show a couple of times in recent months - late night live is it? He was talking crap about hospital overcrowding the night I heard him, thought he might be working from a different mailing list.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

heard it aswell

this morning.he didnt mention anything specific,ryan kept trying to get details out of him but he didnt know any(surprise surprise) and did alot of stammering and "eh" and "um" so it def sounded like he was making it up as he went along.
    rovers fans should definatly look into this and not let this guy get away with it or else he will just keep doing it.he claimed aswell rovers fans were involved in those riots in o.connell street last year with rep sinn fein.poor and lazy stuff by RTE again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Also called them 'gougers' at one stage.

At least he got that much right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I emailed grs@rte.ie, complaints@rte.ie, CCed SRFC & FAI

bhs

-------------------------
    Dear Sir / Madam

As a Shamrock Rovers supporter, member and club volunteer I was disgusted to hear that Alan Hunter was allowed to blacken the name of SRFC on the Gerry Ryan show this morning.

Alan Hunter is a publicity seeking, self appointed idiot with no credentials to comment on any matters relating to soccer in Ireland.

I think it's a disgrace the way he is wheeled out by RTE every few months whenever any issue relating to soccer is topical.

As a Rovers member I will be contacting the club trustess the urge them to persue this matter legally in the interests of protecting the name of the club from future such attacks from Mr Hunter.

Also I think that the FAI should have long ago taken action to highlight the fact that Hunter and the ficticious organisation he claims the represent have no credability.

regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Good man
    Champions 2010
    Champions 2011
    Dick Brush 1 Sligo 0
    Bohs are going bust.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Perfect BHS.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I just complained i urge you all to complain aswell for the good of the league this is the last thing we need before the new season.

I am writing to you with regards to the ridiculous allegations made against Shamrock Rovers Football Club on today's Gerry Ryan show on 2fm. After all the hard work we put into the club people like you morons drag the name of our good club threw the mud time and time again with no actual evidence. It’s a disgrace that you let an unstable man on the air like Alan Hunter in the first place but you then continued to let him rant and rave about how the fans of Shamrock Rovers will be protesting against the match in Croke Park tomorrow. It is not the first time either that we have been victimized by your radio station 2FM. This is the usual pathetic, lazy and fact less broadcasting I have come to expect from you lot at this stage. I now warn you with the threat of legal action to retract the comments and apologise to Shamrock Rovers FC live on air. This topic is now being discussed at length in football forums across the country we have received a lot of support on this issue already and that support is still growing in numbers who are also in fury with these disgraceful accusations made on the Gerry Ryan show this morning. If I do not hear a reply from you I will begin proceedings without further notice.

Regards
    David Ahern

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast