Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Player of the season

dinny

Question Player of the season

Who has been Longford Towns best player this season ?

1) Sean Dillon
    2) Barry Ferguson
    3) Eric Lavine

I pick Sean Dillon, has been solid all season, very few mistakes. Still young and has a great future ahead of him. Lavine had been a shoe in up to when he decided to sign a new contract and stop bothering to try and score a few more. Still has a few games to turn it around. I pick Barry second, I know he has been sent off a few times but him and Silk have definitely strengthened the centre of the defense. Digger gets an honourable mention

Who has been the worst ?

Avery John has yet to impress but give him time, Darragh Sheridan must be one of the most frustrating players to watch. He doesn't tackle, he wins about 1 header in 10 he jumps for, and he never stops moaning to the ref and wouldn't shoot at goal. We need a creative midfielder not a plodder. Why he gets a game every week I don't know, still to REAP courses although we might get a good player out of it again like Barrett !!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Crazy post...

Digger gets an honourable mention
    He's my contender for POTY.. and many more i suspect...

Lavine had been a shoe in up to when he decided to sign a new contract and stop bothering to try and score a few more. Still has a few games to turn it around
    So award the POTY to a guy who might play 1/2 a season??

Avery John has yet to impress but give him time
    sheer class... few mistakes...

Why he gets a game every week I don't know, still to REAP courses although we might get a good player out of it again like Barrett !!!
    Haven't seen buck all of Barrett but substitute him for Dillon...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    If Bazza Ferguson hadnt been sent off so many times, he’d be in the running. Kirby has improved, Brian Byrne looks very handy but I’d go for Sean Dillon, but nobody truly outstanding so far... quick question, has Lavine ever been dropped before?
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

dinny
    Avery was ****e in Cork and against Bray, that goal he gave away was schoolboy defending. He is a good player but his heart doesn't look in it.

Dillon has been excellent for me considering he came back from the disapointment of Villa letting him go, he could have taken it as a sign of failure and dropped ot ala Niall Bryne but has knuckled down and been consistent all season, same with Barry

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'd be looking at Sheirdan, Lavine and Vinny as being disappointing... Avery may not have his heart in it but you got to question Lavine... He's the one with a long term contract...

I wasn't in Cork or I didn't see the Bray goal but Paul McNally plays for Bohs and he made loads of mistakes... AJ is still a better footballer than most in LTFC...

Hopefully we see big performances in the next three games against UCD, Cork and Pat's....