Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Should Rovers fans be barred from grounds?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry Should Rovers fans be barred from grounds?

Should Rovers fans be barred from grounds until the club really do something about the scumabgs who follow them?

The scum disgraced themselves again tonight at Dalyer, and are dragging the name of the eL and soccer in Ireland down to the gutter with them.

I think all clubs should ban SR "fans" from attending games until these f*ckers are rooted out and dealt with for good. And to any decent and genuine SR fans, it is in your own interest to be proactive in identifying and getting rid of this scum.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

last nights trouble

Disgraceful scenes at Dalymount last night. There has long been an undesirable element following Shamrock Rovers (and Bohs for that matter). I agree that Rovers must take swift action to get to the root of the problem, and surley they will. They must ensure that the trouble makers are identified and banned. Action must be taken, not just a half hearted investigation for the sake of it.

I noticed on TV that it appeared to be a single Garda chasing the mob. Bohemians must take some of the blame. Why were the SR fans able to come through that gate. Where were the stewards? were where the necessary number of Gardaì?

Again the Eircom League will be in todays papers and news reports for the wrong reasons. The Irish media usually can't be bothered highlighting Irish soccer, but you can be guarenteed when something like this happens the papers will be full of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: last nights trouble

Originally posted by pconnor

I noticed on TV that it appeared to be a single Garda chasing the mob.
    Yeah, I saw that aswell. There were about 10/15 rovers fans standing beside the jodi stand throwing fairly heavy looking objects up at the Bohs fans. I think Bohs fans started throwing stuff back. Then one guard and 2 stewards started chasing after the rovers fans followed by about 20/30 bohs fans.

There are a number of questions to be addressed:
    1. How did the Rovers fans manage to get over to the bohs end when they were supposed to be at the other side of the ground?

2. Why, for such a risk game, was there such a clear lack of security?

3. Why didn't the stewards stop the Bohs fans from chasing after the rovers fans?

Banning Rovers fans is not the answer as it would be very unfair on the true non-violent supporters. Incresed security measures is probably the best solution.
    Champions!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I don´t think a complete ban is a fair or viable option, but something has to be done. Rovers are not making enough of an effort to deal with this problem- they keep saying they´ll sort it out when they move out to tallaght- not good enough. I think there needs to be the threat of major sanctions for this to be sorted out- large fines, or points deductions: that might prompt all clubs to make more of an effort on a serious problem that appears to be going unchecked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    A ban can't work. Most of those fools weren't wearing colours, so how can anyone differentiate? If Cork play Rovers in Turners Cross will tickets not be sold to anyone with a Dublin accent? How can you distinguish between Rovers and Bohs fans?

Until there are strict ticketing arrangements and strict segreation, it won't even be possible, even then I don't think enforceable
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Dodge
    If Cork play Rovers in Turners Cross will tickets not be sold to anyone with a Dublin accent?
    Thats a good idea- DUBS OUT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Re: Should Rovers fans be barred from grounds?

Originally posted by oddboy
    Should Rovers fans be barred from grounds until the club really do something about the scumabgs who follow them?
    1) Would you now like to call for Bohs fans to be barred from (away presumably) grounds ?

2) Are Cork fans already barred from away grounds ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Post Oh no ... not again!!

Sorry the say .... but Rovers fans were at it again. The league will have to sort this out.

Bohs and Rovers are out of hand and bad for the league (i am not saying all their fans are but the ones that are, are being labels as "Bohs" and "Rovers" fans)
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Re: Should Rovers fans be barred from grounds?

Originally posted by TommyT
    1) Would you now like to call for Bohs fans to be barred from (away presumably) grounds ?

2) Are Cork fans already barred from away grounds ?
    1. Why ??
    2. Why would Cork fans be barred? They do not have a bunch of scumbag slime following them.
    What is your point???
    Shamrock Rovers have a group of scumbags following them.
    Face up to it, or things will never get any better. Get your club to sort it out and then you won't have to try to defend the indefensible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Re: Should Rovers fans be barred from grounds?

Originally posted by oddboy
    1. Why ??
    2. Why would Cork fans be barred? They do not have a bunch of scumbag slime following them.
    What is your point???
    Shamrock Rovers have a group of scumbags following them.
    Face up to it, or things will never get any better. Get your club to sort it out and then you won't have to try to defend the indefensible.
    1. The incident at Richmond, you don't seem to be aware of it in your posts elsewhere but it was reported on the eL forum and on TV3's highlights programme

2. Yes Cork DO have scumbag slime following them, one of them stuck a glass in someone's face on Friday. The original post was a dig at City's paltry away following

My point was that you seemed unconcerned by incidents that didn't involve Rovers fans though as I said above you weren't aware of them so fair enough

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The incident at Richmond happened because Pats fans threw stuff at and spat at Boh sfans following the goal. Now when that happens in a situation with zero segregation and zero security, we all know what happens. And more importantly, it does not matter a bit what clothes you are wearing when something like that starts, its going to kick anyway.

Something that some people would like to forget is that there HAS been trouble at Bohs games in Cork before. Some of the Cork fans must have short memories or only be following the club for 2 or 3 years.

Cork like to present this as a one-sided thing. Thats pathetic. Trouble is always on offer at the Cross, some take it, some don't. But its not just a one-way thing.
    ONE CITY, ONE TEAM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jamie?

I could have the wrong person here but........

Is that the same Jamie who decided to stand in the Shed at the start of a league game towards the end of last season until the place filled up a bit?

Glass houses?
    Last edited by SÓC; 14/01/2003 at 9:44 PM.
    Oh no not them again

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    ?
    No. His name wasn't Jaime. or Jamie.

I know who did, and he got sorted out by your lot (only after we scored and he celebrated though). Nobody cried about it, don't worry.
    ONE CITY, ONE TEAM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sorry

Naw Im talking about a different incident in a game towards the end of last season, before the cup final I think Bohs won it 3-0 or 2-0.
    Oh no not them again