Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayo Premier Division 2007

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Mayo Premier Division 2007

How do ye see the Premier Division going this season? Should be really tight I think, with Bangor and Manulla B coming up and Ballyglass and S+F coming down. Still reckon Swinford will be the team to beat and then, depending on the squads they have available, Achill and castlebar Celtic. Have not seen much of S+F so cant make a judgement. Ballyglass surprised me when they went up, as we had beaten them both games in the season. What do the Ballinrobe lads think? Ye were a major disappointment last season, no more than ourselves. We have lost a few lads to travelling and the likes this season and will be hoping to consilidate our position in the division I should think. Anyone got any predictions? State of the squads etc? Would be interested in hearing what ye think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Fahy

What the craic with ye this year? where are ye going to play and have ye any plans for a new pitch ect ect

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FahyForever View Post
    How do ye see the Premier Division going this season? Should be really tight I think, with Bangor and Manulla B coming up and Ballyglass and S+F coming down. Still reckon Swinford will be the team to beat and then, depending on the squads they have available, Achill and castlebar Celtic. Have not seen much of S+F so cant make a judgement. Ballyglass surprised me when they went up, as we had beaten them both games in the season. What do the Ballinrobe lads think? Ye were a major disappointment last season, no more than ourselves. We have lost a few lads to travelling and the likes this season and will be hoping to consilidate our position in the division I should think. Anyone got any predictions? State of the squads etc? Would be interested in hearing what ye think.
    i'd agree that its definitely going to be a very tight division this year with most sides well capable of beating each other and indeed a couple of upsets could be on the cards.bangor have a good squad of young players but may be a bit inexperienced at this level but i cant see them going down.could be the team to watch though.i think that s and f could be in freefall and think they could struggle this year along with manulla and possibly balinrobe.swinford will be the team to watch this season and celtic b will push them hard (as usual).i've heard that fahy have lost young creaby who played for the mayo side last year who will be a major loss to the team.they'll probably finish mid table.was surprised by achill being so close to promotion last year so they'll more than likely be in the top half.i'd predict a top four comprising of swinford,celtic b, achill and possibly bangor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    nobody too keen on whats going to happen ib the premier division this year then i take it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloggs View Post
    nobody too keen on whats going to happen ib the premier division this year then i take it?
    It will be a very tight division this year - no doubt in that but its abit earlier to talk about it - the season only starting early april ok

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swinfordfc View Post
    It will be a very tight division this year - no doubt in that but its abit earlier to talk about it - the season only starting early april ok
    true!was getting a wee bit over excited by the whole thing a bit too soon!!will try and curb my enthusiasm a bit till nearer the start.and we'll have aright chinwag about it then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Where did Fahy forever go?? Does thou not reply to ones Questioning this fine Day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    1st April is start of league.
    Ballyglass still don't have a manager, see they are advertising in the Connacht Telegraph.

Castlebar Celtic B have a new manager and would suspect have a few new players either going down from A team or up from who would have played youths this year.

You would expect that it again would be down to Cbar, Achill, Westport United but after Claremorris unexpectedly doing so well last season who knows.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I agree this year the league could be very interesting. with Ballyglass and S&F still having no managers they could find it tough, but S&F have some good players that can take them straight back up. swindford have a great chance of goin up into the super league if they can keep there squad together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theboy View Post
    I agree this year the league could be very interesting. with Ballyglass and S&F still having no managers they could find it tough, but S&F have some good players that can take them straight back up. swindford have a great chance of goin up into the super league if they can keep there squad together.
    In all fairness who would want the Ballyglass job. They dont eccept outsiders with open arms so i doubt they will fill this position. What goes around..........................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishyop View Post
    1st April is start of league.
    Ballyglass still don't have a manager, see they are advertising in the Connacht Telegraph.

Castlebar Celtic B have a new manager and would suspect have a few new players either going down from A team or up from who would have played youths this year.

You would expect that it again would be down to Cbar, Achill, Westport United but after Claremorris unexpectedly doing so well last season who knows.
    Whos the new B manager Yoppy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Barry Redmond has taken the reigns, suspect a lot of changes in the squad with a lot of youths and fringe A team players drop kicking a few of us down to the C team.
    His training so far has been good, plenty of running but not monotonous!!!

Ballyglass had Niall G in goal, he is not a "native"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishyop View Post
    Barry Redmond has taken the reigns, suspect a lot of changes in the squad with a lot of youths and fringe A team players drop kicking a few of us down to the C team.
    His training so far has been good, plenty of running but not monotonous!!!

Ballyglass had Niall G in goal, he is not a "native"
    I know hes not but they couldnt turn down a keeper of his Quailty Plus if you ask Niall he will tell you About their Summerisle (The Wickerman) Attidude

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiehead View Post
    I know hes not but they couldnt turn down a keeper of his Quailty Plus if you ask Niall he will tell you About their Summerisle (The Wickerman) Attidude
    If i said "Summerisle Attidude " to him he would probably think I am mental!!
    I must get him to explain it to me alright!!!! Not unless you want to

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    How are things? Been out of commission a bit lately, sorry about the lack of replies! The craic with us has not changed all that much. We lost a couple of good players since last year, notably James Wright, our player of the season, and Darren Creaby, who was making the Mayo under 21 team. We have a new management team (yet another!), and have a few new faces on the scene in terms of players too. I admit to having no idea how we will do this season as the division seems to be pretty unpredictable. We lost narrowly to Glenhest in the second of our pre-season friendlies, having given a run to the twenty or so squad members who turned up, and we are playing Ballyheane this Sunday and, I am led to understand, Westport the following week. So we will get to meet quality opposition anyway, however the results go! Will give us a fascinating and unique insight into the current war of words between the two latter Super League teams in the Mayo League forum as well! Any news from lads involved in the division regarding pre-season, predictions, squads etc?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    How are things? Been out of commission a bit lately, sorry about the lack of replies! The craic with us has not changed all that much. We lost a couple of good players since last year, notably James Wright, our player of the season, and Darren Creaby, who was making the Mayo under 21 team. We have a new management team (yet another!), and have a few new faces on the scene in terms of players too. I admit to having no idea how we will do this season as the division seems to be pretty unpredictable. We lost narrowly to Glenhest in the second of our pre-season friendlies, having given a run to the twenty or so squad members who turned up, and we are playing Ballyheane this Sunday and, I am led to understand, Westport the following week. So we will get to meet quality opposition anyway, however the results go! Will give us a fascinating and unique insight into the current war of words between the two latter Super League teams in the Mayo League forum as well! Any news from lads involved in the division regarding pre-season, predictions, squads etc?
    You still never answered my pitch question

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi Fahey, hope the season goes well for ye. Just wondering what its like to play all your home games on the milebush astroturf? or has that pitch situation been resolved? Its tough enough training on it, so to play on it all the time must be hell! must get a lot of injuries?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mandarin frogs View Post
    Hi Fahey, hope the season goes well for ye. Just wondering what its like to play all your home games on the milebush astroturf? or has that pitch situation been resolved? Its tough enough training on it, so to play on it all the time must be hell! must get a lot of injuries?
    i've been playing there with Fahy for the last couple of years and i'm not all that keen on playing on that surface all of the time.we played a friendly against Westport Utd last night and the putting in sliding tackles was brutal.its a brilliant facility to have available and we're very grateful to the Mayo League for allowing us to use it but i'd love to be back playing on grass every week (if only for the sake of my knees!! ) the burns are the worst injuries from the astro turf but it can be very hard on your shins and joints too because of the hard ground.hope i didn't step on your toes fahyforever by answering that question!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloggs View Post
    i've been playing there with Fahy for the last couple of years and i'm not all that keen on playing on that surface all of the time.we played a friendly against Westport Utd last night and the putting in sliding tackles was brutal.its a brilliant facility to have available and we're very grateful to the Mayo League for allowing us to use it but i'd love to be back playing on grass every week (if only for the sake of my knees!! ) the burns are the worst injuries from the astro turf but it can be very hard on your shins and joints too because of the hard ground.hope i didn't step on your toes fahyforever by answering that question!
    Can someone from Fahy please answer me on the Pitch Question i asked about a month ago

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Milebush

Yeah we are still playing on Milebush this season as far as I know. We have been playing friendlies there anyway. We are always looking for a pitch closer to home but as we are quite close to Westport prices are crazy and it's really difficult find anything suitable. Having said that, I believe the committee are in talks with a land-ownder with a view to buying or leasing nearby. But that's been the case a good few times before without anything coming to fruition.

As for Milebush, it's hard to be too disparaging seen as how it's the only option we have! However, Cloggs is quite right; we get a lot of injuries from playing and training there and you just can't slide-tackle without burning the skin off your legs. I suppose we are at a slight advantage because we play there half the year, but the size of the pitch has been a bit of a cross to bear when playing top class opposition. The likes of Westport just pass around you on a big, level playing area like that. (Whilst on a normal-sized grassy field we would obviously hammer them!) The bounce is slightly less true on the all-weather pitch too, and can be a little unpredictable. it's really good to have the facility, but in terms of the future, youth development etc, we really have to get our own place.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast