Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ticket touts.

reder

Ticket touts.

Man you have to love these morons. Lowest of the low and one of them has just made the silly move of posting his mobile number of ebay, selling a single seat for the rugby match on Sunday for €700.00.

Silly tout

Shame on you 0879107783.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I just rang him - he seems to be in a busy place
    Who Cares?!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Hes silly for someone else paying it?

He will get that maybe even more, sad really people will pay stupid amounts of money for things.

If i sell a Ps3 for over a grand am i evil or is the other person a complete idiot?

kdjac

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjaC View Post
    Hes silly for someone else paying it?

He will get that maybe even more, sad really people will pay stupid amounts of money for things.

If i sell a Ps3 for over a grand am i evil or is the other person a complete idiot?

kdjac
    ticket master are now serching ebay for tickets to any of there events if they find some one over charging or selling 5 or 6 tickets they try to buy it find out who owns it or they just get the serial number from the pic and they cancell the tickets

ive no problemm with some one listing a ticket starting at 0 and if it goes above the cover price then thats ok but the one like your man that list them at 700 quid

selling a ps3 for a grand is ok if some one is that mad to get one they cant wait 2 months then fair play ,i heard one went on ebay on jap release day and sold for 15 grand sterling !!!!

Formerly: dublinharp carrickharp's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Put that number in Buy and Sell under:
    2005 Hiace Van for Sale, very good condition with tow bar and bull bars quick sale needed price negotiable ring at any time.
    “Jockey Wilson . . . What an athlete.” - Sid Waddell
    www.donegaldarts.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I imagine once he pockets the €700 he could afford to bin the mobile.

I'm with KdjaC on this. Perhaps ticketmaster should be doing more to stop selling to them in the first place.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    did anyone see what there doin with glastonbury tickets?

puttin peoples faces on them so that they cant be sold to touts..

genius!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    715 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SligoBrewer View Post
    did anyone see what there doin with glastonbury tickets?

puttin peoples faces on them so that they cant be sold to touts..

genius!
    So they'll start forging new photos onto tickets. Anyway, this sort of thing hurts real fans... suppose I buy tickets for myself and three mates, but someone winds up unable to go because he's stuck in a Chinese finger trap or something - we can't sell that ticket on because his dumb mug is printed on it. Maybe they'd let you sell back to Ticketmaster or something, but I doubt they'll bother.

^^Why I don't use touts and sell spare tickets at face^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Why the intercourse is this website allowed to exist and trade?
    Bruce Springsteen.
    e250 for balcony.
    e230 standing.

I wonder if there's a service charge on that e800 France Argentina ticket?
    Last edited by Risteard; 14/09/2007 at 9:12 AM.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Supply and demand , I don't see the problem selling something above face value if someone is willing to pay for it. FFS aren't we all doing it everyday with fags, petrol , houses.
    I'll update this next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Well the law does, supposedly.
    City definetly have the best bands playing at half-time.

O'Bama - "Eerah yeah, I'd say we can alright!"

G.O'Mahoney Trapattoni'll sort ém out!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    The law and finance , have you missed the Mahon tribunal , theres a bloke up there at the moment telling the country that he was having a bad time and his developer mate gave him a suitcase of cash to soften the blow from his marraige break-up. Supply and demand , I wonder ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Heard a disgraceful little free marketeer diatribe from Muir McDowell a couple of weeks back on Today FM or Newstalk.

Basically saying people should be legally allowed sell tickets for any event for whatever the hell they wanted and it was tough luck on those without the financial resources to keep up. The beauty of the market and all that sh1te
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Heard about a guy in Limerick who saw a X-Box 360 going on E Bay for about 300euro at the time of the X Box's release. Basically he logged on, thought he'd chance his arm by throwing in X-Box 360, saw one being advertised, photo of the box included, saw it was 300 with a minute to spare and bought it. It arrived a week later and being very excited he ripped open the box to find nothing inside. He complained on E Bay about it, but when the site checked out the claim they found that the ad never said that they were selling the computer, they had worded the ad so that legally they got away with sending what was in their pic, and he was so frantic in buying the thing that he never read the ad properly, so there was nothing E Bay or your man could do about it

Had to laugh when I heard about it though

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I saw this on BBC3's The Hustle , 2 blokes buying white goods that they never saw, hustler ropes them in by telling that he is the manager of a store that has a load of product shipped to them in error and he wants to make a quick killing on. He brings them to a shop while he wears a mock up of the staff ID. Takes thier money enters the shop and exits throgh the back door. Some peoplea are just stupid and there will always be a market as long as they are out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    There was a gang selling laptops in Dublin a few years ago. You would be shown a demo model, told to walk up to a car 400m away, hand over X amount and be handed the laptop. Turns out that all they were were 4 litres of milk in a €9.99 cheap laptop case drom aldi.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    Heard about a guy in Limerick who saw a X-Box 360 going on E Bay for about 300euro at the time of the X Box's release. Basically he logged on, thought he'd chance his arm by throwing in X-Box 360, saw one being advertised, photo of the box included, saw it was 300 with a minute to spare and bought it. It arrived a week later and being very excited he ripped open the box to find nothing inside. He complained on E Bay about it, but when the site checked out the claim they found that the ad never said that they were selling the computer, they had worded the ad so that legally they got away with sending what was in their pic, and he was so frantic in buying the thing that he never read the ad properly, so there was nothing E Bay or your man could do about it

Had to laugh when I heard about it though
    say there was sweat coming out of the fellas head with the bid below the €300, praying someone would out-bid him for it(having read the print AFTER bidding)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    There was a gang selling laptops in Dublin a few years ago. You would be shown a demo model, told to walk up to a car 400m away, hand over X amount and be handed the laptop. Turns out that all they were were 4 litres of milk in a €9.99 cheap laptop case drom aldi.
    thats not a new one and if you fall for the your just plain stupid!. they show ya the real one then give you another case.... what kind of thick fool wouldnt check there case first, would the scumbags appearance not make you concerned?

its like the phone calls saying ''you've won a prize and can we have your details'' or to a lesser extent not covering your pin at a pass machine, i see loads of ppl dont even bother, is it that much hassle that ppl would risk 100's of euro not to put there hand over??.

while theres stupidity around these scams will still go, ppl are CONSTANTLY told about them but ppl still fall for it!!.
    Last edited by sligoman; 14/09/2007 at 4:31 PM. Reason: use multi-quote
    There's the right way, the wrong way.... and the Max Power way!! :-D

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto1208 View Post
    ticket master are now serching ebay for tickets to any of there events if they find some one over charging or selling 5 or 6 tickets they try to buy it find out who owns it or they just get the serial number from the pic and they cancell the tickets

ive no problemm with some one listing a ticket starting at 0 and if it goes above the cover price then thats ok but the one like your man that list them at 700 quid

selling a ps3 for a grand is ok if some one is that mad to get one they cant wait 2 months then fair play ,i heard one went on ebay on jap release day and sold for 15 grand sterling !!!!
    Why is selling a ps3 above face value ok, but a not a ticket? Can you give me a list of everything that is and isn't ok to make money on?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    I was outside aldi waiting on a taxi when they came and offered me a D610 dell for €300, being bored and waiting on a taxi i thought i would have some fun.

I took the laptop off him he was sitting in the car ready to speed off, checked the tag so knew what it was, took out €100 whilst holding the laptop offered him that and no more, he asked to put the laptop in the bag i said ti was fine i had my own at home

Him and his mate conferred and said 100 wasnt enough

kdjac

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast