Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: USA 2 Mexico 0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

USA 2 Mexico 0

After listening to the Ireland nightmare yesterday, I watched this 'friendly' game last night. Now, I know these two hate each other, but for a friendly game, the intensity was unreal. In front of a crowd of 63,000 plus, they kicked lumps out of each other, with the US coming away with two well taken goals. After the second US goal, the Mexican keeper tried to hack down Eddie Jones as he was running to celebrate with Donavan.

Not a bad win for the US considering they started 8 MLS players. Having said that, Mexico hasn't scored on US soil in 9 games! When it was all over, the Mexicans once again showed their lack of class by not shaking hands after the game, including their new coach.
    Last edited by strangeirish; 08/02/2007 at 6:04 PM.
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Ha, fair play to them, they are as cranky to americans as we are to the Brits...
    "A silent mouth is sweet to hear"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Yes, that was Sanchez who was just a hero in the world cup when he had to return for his father's funeral and then came back for the next game. I have tried to like the Mexican team but they showed again last night they are truely classless. Not to mention their fans throwing stuff on the field during corner kicks and after the second US goal. They did have the majority of the possession but didnt score.

Steve Staunton is not the only one who lives in his own little world. Check ot these comments from the Mexican team who cannot grasp the concept of reality:
    "The way the team functioned, the way it looked on the field, left us satisfied," Mexico captain Rafael Márquez said.
    "Hugo [Sánchez] told [us] he was satisfied and happy because of the attitude of the team and the way in which it played," Márquez said.
    "We can beat the U.S. playing exactly like we did today," Oswaldo Sánchez said. "If we play like we did today, we will win a number of games."
    "It's a bit bad luck and a bit of bad aim. We had plenty of chances but just couldn't put them away," Borgetti said.
    "They were a little opportunistic and stayed in their own end for the majority of the match, but they did beat us," Márquez said. "Considering the tactics that they utilized, I think that is the credit I would give them considering the fact that on the field, they were not superior to us."
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...usa/index.html
    "Jacques Santini...will be greeted in every dugout of the country by "one-nil, one-nil" - Clive Tyldsley, 89th minute of France-England June 13, 2004.
    "Ooooohhhh Nooooooo" Bobby Robson 91st minute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Must be hard to accept for them that the US have a better team than them seeing as all they do is play football and the Americans have so little interest in it (on a national scale)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo View Post
    Must be hard to accept for them that the US have a better team than them seeing as all they do is play football and the Americans have so little interest in it (on a national scale)
    It hurts so bad for them:
    Enterados minutos antes que algunos de los jugadores de EU los criticaron por intentar agredir a Johnson, tras el segundo gol del equipo de las barras y las estrellas, vía Landon Donovan, Sánchez fue tajante con su respuesta: “Me vale madre lo que digan, que chinguen a su madre”. Y es que, el arquero aceptó que no hay derrota que duela más que las que le propina Estados Unidos, el rival más odiado, el que ha construido en los últimos años una clara supremacía sobre los verdes.

“Me da mucho coraje perder, pero me da mucho más que sea frente a este equipo. No importa cómo, pero había que ganar este partido, no se pudo y eso da mucha impotencia”, dijo.
    translated:
    When he found out minutes earlier that a few of the U.S. players criticized him for trying to injure Johnson after the second goal via Landon Donovan from the Stars and Stripes team, Sanchez was sharp-worded with his reply, “I don’t give a s*** what they say. F*** their mothers.” The goalkeeper accepted that there is no defeat that hurts more than the one against the United States, the most hated rival and one that has built a clear supremacy over our "Greens" in the past few years.

"I get very angry when I lose, but it's even worse when it's against this team. I don't care how, but we had to win this game. We couldn't and that leaves one feeling very helpless."
    http://www.milenio.com/guadalajara/m....asp?id=475896
    This rivalry has been building up over the last 10 years or so. Before that, Mexico ruled the region. But now that the US has a half decent team and usually beats Mexico, they just cannot handle it.
    Last edited by Metrostars; 09/02/2007 at 2:20 PM.
    "Jacques Santini...will be greeted in every dugout of the country by "one-nil, one-nil" - Clive Tyldsley, 89th minute of France-England June 13, 2004.
    "Ooooohhhh Nooooooo" Bobby Robson 91st minute.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It was an awesome match. The Mexicans had so many chances and didn't take them, and the USA took the few we had. The first half was a little dull but the second half was just intense.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strangeirish View Post
    When it was all over, the Mexicans once again showed their lack of class by not shaking hands after the game, including their new coach.
    They probably were rushing back to get the lawnmowers to cut the grass. Isn't that what all mexicans do when in the US.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i saw a late night one a few years back and mexico won it 2-0 i think
    the whole stadium jumped up and down shouting "osama , osama" and in one corner there was a tiny little caged section for US supporters, I wouldnt have gone in there for any money!!
    Was he crazy!! Yeah , in a very special way , an Irishman.
    I slept, and dreamed that life was Beauty;
    I woke, and found that life was Duty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Given where the game was played it was basically a home game for the Mexicans.

Great result for US.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Given where the game was played it was basically a home game for the Mexicans.
    Considering Arizona used to be Mexico....

The result doesn't surprise me at all. The US have been poxin' the Mexicans for years now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I was at a girls football tournament, called the Guilford Soccerfest in Guilford, CT, in 2003 during my holidays and the Hispanics are something else. Across from the pitch, there were a group of Hispanics in a field picking weeds to earn their crust. There was this game and the crossfire between this Hispanic mother and an American mother was so funny over win at all costs (Hispanic) and playing to enjoy (American). The American mother asked me for my own opinion which I gave to her. This was an under 13 girls game and the two parents nearly came to blows. It just about sums up the actual rivalry.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!!