Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: BB Croker letters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    are you looking for a liverpool barca ticket, or have one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    The problem is that would have taken ages, I beleive they sorted through all letters ONCE instead of going back over them again and thats why things have happened the way they have. as soon as a section was sold out, anybody still on the list looking for that area got overlooked....makes most sense, think about it lads.
    No that makes balls all sense and we all have thought about it. An area fills up so someone high on a waiting list gets shafted. What kind of sensible system is that. People are calling it a lottery list instead of a waiting list but even with that if you came up in the lottory for a pair of CL / WC final tickets but the area you choose is full you wouldn't be throw in the bin and onto the next application. Thats for a random lottery not even for people being process first come first served.

The main thing is that the WLers never expected to be offered extras. If the FAI had avoided that complication they'd have known the exact number of WL requests which I reckon would be probably below 10k (all my lot are down for 1 each). They could allocate them to any stand they wished, even the fecking Hill might've held us all if most were single requests. Give the BBs a choice of seats and option of extras, since they're the incumbants, except for the WL "section". WL are happy getting all they ever had asked/hoped for anyway, BB are happy as should get their extras and FAI can sell remaining seats to WLers or general sale. It doesn't really matter as whoever "deserved" their tickets would've got them and it'd sell out anyway. In terms of admin they never have to ask WL where they want seats or how many they want and process the responses. They just say here's the seats you originally requested, take it or leave it.

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post
    are you looking for a liverpool barca ticket, or have one?
    Looking for one. Willing to swap Wales or Slovakia ticket for one? You got one to swap?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Was just thinking doesn't the away allocation seem very big now considering Ireland's own fans who have been waiting have lost out. Shouldn't have been a problem with the size of the home capacity but still.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WexDec View Post
    Was just thinking doesn't the away allocation seem very big now considering Ireland's own fans who have been waiting have lost out.
    You've lost me now.....

Away allocation is 10% of the home capacity as per UEFA rules - 6,700 approx.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    Just to get a rough idea, did anybody not take up their allocation. Its a long shot, but in the response from the fai, I was told that those tickets not accepted would then be offered to the waiting list or lottery list whatever you want to call it.
    I think when you see the total invoiced when multiply tickets price by number requested by matches it does look quite big and then think its only halfway through the 4 matches that some people would've been too strapped or got nobbled by their wife/gf or got the letter so late they presumed they missed the deadline or are on holidays (as with a mate of mine). Some should come back, its not as solid as the BB list.

The BIG question is if returns come up how are they going to distribute them. The same as before ? Start with the first person not offered tickets on the WL. If they have asked for 50e tickets and there's ones available then sorted. If only 70e left skip everybody AGAIN that wanted 50e. Also will they still allocate the extras requested probably denying people further down the list. Potentially somebody could still get 10 tickets !!! The mind boggles but there's nothing to indicate they'll change their "system"

Istabraq I would let them know you'll take anything if your original request was 50e, singles or whatever. I presuming they won't deny an existing request just because the requested seats couldn't be grouped.
    Last edited by WexDec; 15/02/2007 at 1:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluetonic View Post
    You've lost me now.....

Away allocation is 10% of the home capacity as per UEFA rules - 6,700 approx.
    Sorry you're right the lower club level allocations threw me off.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Newryrep View Post
    Sorry Antrimgreen i dont think it is fair.for the following reason

1 person wanting 2 tickets (him and his brother) on waiting list 4 years

another person joins waiting list last week at No 5000

5000 tickets available everybody on the waiting list gets offered a ticket - his brother doesnt get one but the guy who joined last week does

a fair system is

Block Bookers as per normal amount
    Waiting list in order as per original amount request (if within reason say 4 or 6 max)
    Block bookers additional tickets if desired
    General sale.
    How many tickets were allocated for the waiting list?? If it was say 10k if so then you would have got your 2 tickets, i know what you are saying, but applying for 10 tickets (for the whole family is taking the p1ss). Application request should have been 4 max per person.

Anyway i have put enough energy and time into this and the more energy and time i put in the angier i get.

Good luck to all those fans who got tickets for Croke hope it is a great game and a great performance and we start the Croke campaign with a win, the deed has been done i have missed out (tough sh1t for me).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Any where you apply for tickets the maximum is usually 4 tickets per transaction, so why the **** are people getting 10???.

Although, there lucky to sell ticket at all after last weks debacle!!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    WexDec, im not saying it makes sense, i mean does it make sense what i was saying? I can see why they did it if they have to sort through 1000's of applications. they dont want to have to go through everyone over and over.....from a time point of view i can see where htey are coming from, BUT I DO NOT AGREE WITH IT!
    RafaB, what are ye like....you would give up a ticket for an ireland match for liverfluke?
    hmmm me thinks you are using a SPARE ticket you have as barter for a liverpool match.....if not you are giving up yer own one, which is even worse again. Do you really think if either of those fit the case, that you should be saying it on this thread which could be aptly renamed "those on the waiting list that didnt get their tickets"....
    Last edited by paul_oshea; 15/02/2007 at 2:42 PM.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    WexDec there was no facility on the application to indicate that you would take any other ticket, be it cheaper or more expensive, which is another flaw about the system. When I applied for the lottery for the world cup (which I won, yet more heartbreak) there was a section to tick indicationg that basically if the tickets you were looking for were not available, would you take any ticket. To which obviously i ticked yes. Simple, yet it seems beyond the retards in merrion sq.
    Im with you antrimgreen, the more i go on the more ****ed off i get. However, Im failry confident of being at the game, but that doesnt make matters any better. I should have been offered at least 2 tickets of my own. Which would have been my own for the next 3 years at least.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    lads the thing is though, we all know that they are like, I have been badgering and emailing them since my mother threw my original request back in xmas in the fire. I live in london, i kept emailing and ringing when required. IF I could keep badgering them over here, when my letters get sent to my home address in ireland, ye could have done the same and not ended up in this predicament, emailed something small and said if ye get my applicatoin and there isn't anything i want, ill take next best available!
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    WexDec, im not saying it makes sense, i mean does it make sense what i was saying? I can see why they did it if they have to sort through 1000's of applications. they dont want to have to go through everyone over and over.....from a time point of view i can see where htey are coming from, BUT I DO NOT AGREE WITH IT!
    RafaB, what are ye like....you would give up a ticket for an ireland match for liverfluke?
    hmmm me thinks you are using a SPARE ticket you have as barter for a liverpool match.....if not you are giving up yer own one, which is even worse again. Do you really think if either of those fit the case, that you should be saying it on this thread which could be aptly renamed "those on the waiting list that didnt get their tickets"....
    Paul,

I am looking to swap one Ireland which i have for one Liverpool v Barce ticket. Not looking for anything other than a swap also being going to the Ireland games since 1983 in case your wondering. No bartering going no touting nothing other than a straight swap. What you think of it is your business but i am doing nothing illegal.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Well lads as I mentioned earlier I've been really ****ed off by the way the FAI have dealt with this so I emailed Matt Cooper earlier and pretty much put down most of the points and grievances raised here. I focused on the touting element of things and the shambles the FAI has created by the way they allocated tickets to those on the waiting list.

I got an email back asking for my contact details and that they had an interest in raising the matter at some stage in the next week or so. I'll keep ye updated if something comes of it.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WexDec View Post
    As established before only approx the first 1,800 on waiting list got offered friendly tickets. Possibly 80's mullet was below that threshold (which would make him the highest waiting lister to be shafted on this thread) or got them through other means like most people after that number (usually terraces)
    i was around the 1100 mark and no matter how many times I asked the FAI to offer me friendly tickets they never did. I still went to every single one however.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Paul,

I am looking to swap one Ireland which i have for one Liverpool v Barce ticket. Not looking for anything other than a swap also being going to the Ireland games since 1983 in case your wondering. No bartering going no touting nothing other than a straight swap. What you think of it is your business but i am doing nothing illegal.
    Are you a BB then? Did you up your ticket request?

i never said it was illegal.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Are you a BB then? Did you up your ticket request?

i never said it was illegal.
    Paul,

No not a BB as couldn't afford to be a BB. Also didn't up my request just the normal since 1983.

No you didn't say it was illegal but you'd think i was doing something wrong. Checked the rules before i posted put it on and the mods seemed happy as they added it to the list of spares.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    if its a spare why not just give the ticket to someone here at the price you paid for it?
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    if its a spare why not just give the ticket to someone here at the price you paid for it?

Because at the moment i am looking for a Liverpool Barce ticket and if someone has one who wants a Wales or Slovakia ticket i'll swap with them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    WexDec there was no facility on the application to indicate that you would take any other ticket, be it cheaper or more expensive, which is another flaw about the system. When I applied for the lottery for the world cup (which I won, yet more heartbreak) there was a section to tick indicationg that basically if the tickets you were looking for were not available, would you take any ticket. To which obviously i ticked yes. Simple, yet it seems beyond the retards in merrion sq.
    I know thats my point. I've argued that exactly previously and was the reason why my lot went for 70 euro tickets in the first place. That and a 2-4 ticket per application limit as it standard would've avoided this mess. I won in the Portugal Euros lotto, what a Summer holiday that would've been at a fraction of Japan cost, oh well......and 4 follow your team tickets it was not 10 !!!

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast