Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: BB Croker letters

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reder View Post
    I reckon the centre blocks within the perimeter of the pitch are €75 and the ones in the main stand lower tiers outside the perimeter of the pitch are €50.
    Have they changed the pricing?

The original pricing was 50 euro and 70 euro, no mention of 75 euro tickets.

Anyhow, surely none of the seat are within the perimeter of the pitch, if they were you'd be on the actual pitch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hey,
    Did everyone\anyone who's on the BB Waiting list get offered tickets.
    My friend asked for 2 he's in the waiting list and hasn't got any letter yet

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eire06 View Post
    Hey,
    Did everyone\anyone who's on the BB Waiting list get offered tickets.
    Post 57 of this thread (5 before yours )

http://www.foot.ie/showpost.php?p=618156&postcount=57

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    hey,

just received my letter today, been on the waiting list for about 2/3 years asked for two lower hogan/cusack tickets, got lower cusack so very happy with that.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    eire06, just wondering but my mate and myself applied for the home address and never received it, wonder if its something to do with being from down the country!!

i have been on it for nearly 2 years or so, unless its going with highest entries posted first? though they told me at the ticket office everything was posted friday.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    SORTED.....I was approx 1,500 on the waiting list. Requested 3 Canal Lower tickets and got the letter confirming that I am sorted today. 3 x 50 euro

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just got letter there today. Was looking for upper cusack/hogan but got lower canal. Still a ticket's a ticket!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    hey,

just received my letter today, been on the waiting list for about 2/3 years asked for two lower hogan/cusack tickets, got lower cusack so very happy with that.

ok - nothing against you joe, but this is what i was talking about earlier in this discussion. I've been getting my BB tickets for the past 8 years or so and am stuck up in the gods in the upper davin stand and someone on the waiting list gets prime seats in the lower cusack!

FFS, makes you want to burst a certain little waherford man!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I've been on the BB list for 9 years and had 2 tickets for all games. I requested 6 lower stand tickets and got my invoice last week saying I had 6 Lower Hogan tickets. I'd say those on the waiting list will receive their letters this week and there should be no problem accommodating everyone.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by footballplease View Post
    hey,

ok - nothing against you joe, but this is what i was talking about earlier in this discussion. I've been getting my BB tickets for the past 8 years or so and am stuck up in the gods in the upper davin stand and someone on the waiting list gets prime seats in the lower cusack!

FFS, makes you want to burst a certain little waherford man!!!
    yeah totally agree with you, i thought that they would have accomadated the bbs first and then us, would have meant sense but you know the fai.

i suppose i wont mention that a mate who is on the list for six months got 7 for lower cusack. sorry

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [I]
    Hold on for a second, didn't you say that you asked for upper cusack/hogan as your first preference?

i asked for was 2 tickets for the Cusack or Hogan Upper stands and i got 2 Upper Davin (ya wha?!!!) tickets!!!
    Your first preference wasn't available so you were offered upper canal. How are the FAI to know that your preference wasn't for an 'upper' view over a ticket in a section that is more expensive than your original preference.

I think you need to get a grip on the reality of the situation. I'm sure if they had given you tickets at a cost of 20 euro more than your first preference you'd have been giving out too.

What are the FAI to do, ring all the applicants until everyone is happy.

Surely you can do the maths, at 17,000 upper hogan/cusack there was a possibility not everyone of the long standing block bookers (even over 8 years) could be satisfied if a majority of them were to go for this preference.

I'd say the FAI were right to offer you tickets of a equal price in an equal upper vantage point.
    Last edited by Bluetonic; 07/02/2007 at 1:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    eire06, just wondering but my mate and myself applied for the home address and never received it, wonder if its something to do with being from down the country!!

i have been on it for nearly 2 years or so, unless its going with highest entries posted first? though they told me at the ticket office everything was posted friday.
    He's on the list for 4 years or so, so he's bound to be high up on it..

Maybe there's a conspiracy against us, that all the Connaught letters are being stopped at athlone.
    Its those pesky postmen I tell ya

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    in the preferences, was it lower cusack/lower hogan as one option to tick?

i cant remember what it was like, so am trying to figure out what i ticked!
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Not so, bluetonic! I requested tickets in the stands at the side of the pitch (upper as i said), thinking that most of the lower stand tickets would go to suits but ended up behind the goal. Cost is not an issue as many other fans will agree. That was my moan.

Hey look, im just delighted to be there but my gripe was that surely the best seats should have been reserved for the BB fans who have been paying for tickets for years. Other than that - im delighted!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm not having a grip at you, just I'm sure you can see things from the eyes of the FAI. If they automatically started shifting people to 70 euro seats from their 50 euro first preference people would have a field day.

Although you haven't, people often make decisions based on price alone and not vantage point.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    in the preferences, was it lower cusack/lower hogan as one option to tick?

i cant remember what it was like, so am trying to figure out what i ticked!
    I think there were 4 options

Lower Canal
    Upper Canal
    Lower Cusack/Hogan
    Upper Cusack/Hogan

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I am sure somebody will post a Swap Shop topic for those looking to swap (minus Noel Edmunds, etc).

I havent recieved my letter yet although it may of came today:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Lower Cusack/Hogan
    ya thats what i think i ticked alright. cheers bluetonic.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reder View Post
    Dont want to be a barer of bad news but maybe the FAI are actually pricing the blocks in the corner of the main stands lower as they will be outside the perimeter of the pitch. Your seat might be in the lower cusack but right down down beside the Davin or northern terrace. I reckon the centre blocks within the perimeter of the pitch are €70 and the ones in the main stand lower tiers outside the perimeter of the pitch are €50.
    I asked for lower, i.e. 70e, tickets. We all did just one mate asked for upper but got lower at same cheaper price. Your corner block theory sounds plausible maybe even likely as I had been saying to the lads value wise its real hit and miss cos for 70e you could be a few yards away from 50e lower Davin. Same goes for getting back of lower stand (covered) if raining instead of p1ssed on for the same 70e at the front, or back of upper side stands miles from pitch or surely the value for money seat in the house is at the front of the upper. There was a risk of good and bad seats within the scope of whatever box you ticked.

I think most weighed up the view/atmosphere risks vs the price. For those that went for upper regardless of how long you've been a BB you can't expect the FAI to change you to a more expensive lower tier ticket as they reckon its better value or you'd like it more. They WOULD be crucified for that. I know half our group wanted upper purely because it was the best value for money. We just tipped them towards forking out that extra 20 euro because I thought everybody would go for upper and we'd end up in upper canal for the same price or at the back of the stand once BBs got their's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We're waiting on 5 letters. 1 is for down the country (mine !) and other 4 are Dublin. Only heard from one guy that got his yesterday and 2 haven't got there's yet (including today's post) and haven't heard from last guy. I don't believe something could be posted to a Dublin address last Friday and not have arrived yet. I posted money for a club ticket to a Dublin address last week just before evening collection and he had it the next morning !

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast