Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: BB Croker letters

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WexDec View Post
    One figure that jumps out at me immediately is the 12,000 on waiting lists ??? Is there another waiting list besides the BB one or could that figure more likely to be taken as the 5-6k BB waiters got on average a pair of tickets each ?
    Bit surprised at the 12000 myself, thought there would of been a lot of duplicates/drop out unless they also counted the additions requested by the exisitng BB's then it is a totally different Kettle of fish. see prevoius posts regarding the waiting list.

If all the notification is not until the end of the week they havent a mission of getting the payment on monday.

As was said previously bad timing with the Sam Marino game on this week.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    does this mean anyone who has not gotten a letter yet (by the sounds of it, the majority of the waiting list) are NOT going to get tickets for Croker??
    Cant see that being the case, i havent got a confirmation letter back yet (2 for upper Davin) and was approx 1600 on the waiting list . They have said they accomodated 12000 on waiting list.

Unless it is like the Simpsons episode where Homer is 2nd in the queue and the guy in front buy 50000 tickets.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Im in the same boat around 1500 on the waiting list and havent heard anything yet. I wouldnt worry too much just yet. We're talking about a capacity of double of what we had so hopefully a good proportion of those on the waiting list will be sorted.
    Dont know where they have got their 12,000 people on the waiting list thou, I could perhaps understand it if it were 12,000 tickets to those on the waiting list

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I haven't heard of any BB waiters who have received their letter and considering BBs themselves only got them yesterday that is as expected. If you read the statement carefully you'll notice it lists the groups that have received confirmation this week and only then says about the 12k waiters afterwards so I would expect ours next week or by the end of this week. Certainly the Monday deadline won't apply. I would doubt it'd be a drop dead one for anyone they just want you to get your finger out next week instead of waiting till March.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    Dont know where they have got their 12,000 people on the waiting list thou, I could perhaps understand it if it were 12,000 tickets to those on the waiting list
    It would seem highly likely they mean 12k tickets rather than positions on the list. If so I would say basically everybody on the waiting list got whatever number they asked for, if it was within reason, but obviously not their preferred stand going on what has been posted here by BBs. Don't think any waiters could have any complaints about that considering they are completely sold out now unlike the justifiably miffed BBs who didn't get their choice when only asking for one ticket extra. Shocking that.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I haven't heard of any BB waiters who have received their letter and considering BBs themselves only got them yesterday that is as expected.
    Exactly, the same split applied with the original letters in December.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    If anyone is goin to have spare tickets for any of the matches, i'll buy them! I really want to go but I'm not a BB and have no other way of gettin tickets

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Paul,

An invoice was sent out early this week, which is due back for next
    Monday. All original invoices must be returned.

Regards,

Ticket Office
    Hmmmm, i emailed them stating that i lived in england and i wanted to ensure my parents didnt throw anything in the fire ( like xmas when they threw my application for tickets in the fire....) so i wanted to know if one had been sent out to myself. I just received that back now.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    "Over 12,000 fans who had previously been on waiting lists for tickets have also had their ticket requests accommodated".

That means (from how I interpret it) all those on the list for the BB scheme got tickets......surely?
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thats what it should mean yes that all 5-6k on waiting list got more or less what they asked for (in numbers if not stands), on average two tickets each.

As of yet nobody on the list has received anything in the post.

Really the notice is to tell the public that tickets won't be going on general sale, except in possible cases of away tickets not being taken up as stated. Also its saying BBs, clubs etc should have got something from them by now. The BB waiters if have to do just that, wait a little longer.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    What we reckon?? Last I heard that there was approx 5,000 people on the waiting list. Average that at about 2/3 tickets per person, probably would make up the 12k the FAI are on about. Its just gonna be a case of wait and see now im afraid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I called the FAI ticket office and they said invoices for the lot had been posted on monday, including ALL block bookers and waiting listers. They said they were posted at the same time and all were due back for monday.

Frankly I think that stinks as the fans in san marino are probably all going to be bbs or waiting listers and the deadline is far too early. It should have been next friday. I mean, if you live down the country and are only getting back from san marino on friday, what chance have you of getting the form back by post for monday? an absolute joke.
    I do need to add that this doesn't apply to me, even though i am going to san marino, as I will be back in dublin on sunday and will be able to drop the form around personally, but there are bound to people inconvenienced by ridiculous fai ineptitude once again.
    Superdave to the resc....

Can you wait til I finish my pint? Or else...

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    ya, how stupid are they in fairness, are they boxed up in a cave away from reality for 365 days of the year?
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

reder
    For the information of those of you who are on the waiting list and are getting qualifiers for the first time I would like to inform you that the girls in the ticket office are actually very competent and are very polite to speak to and deal with.

With regards to the application, it has always been like this. You always get about 7 days to return your application and in my mind its more than enough.
    The ticket office staff have to sort through the applications and get the individual seats allocated. I can assure you that if you ring up the Ticket Office next tuesday and say you were in san marino they will accept your applications.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reder View Post
    For the information of those of you who are on the waiting list and are getting qualifiers for the first time I would like to inform you that the girls in the ticket office are actually very competent and are very polite to speak to and deal with.

With regards to the application, it has always been like this. You always get about 7 days to return your application and in my mind its more than enough.
    The ticket office staff have to sort through the applications and get the individual seats allocated. I can assure you that if you ring up the Ticket Office next tuesday and say you were in san marino they will accept your applications.
    Agreed, i dont believe they will enforce the deadline that tightly, get the letter to them on Tuesday or Wednesday and you should be ok. Anyways lets get offered the tickets first. Christ a full house for each of the games is gonna be something else!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    if you don't think your letter will get there for monday then just get your proof of postage when you send it and ring the FAI office to let them know. would be very suprised if you didn't get them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just heard from the first of my lot that they've received the letter. He asked for a pair and was in the 5,000s on the BB waiting list and got his so that seems to be the proof of the pudding.

The only thing is and this will p1ss some off no end - he asked for upper cusack/hogan and got lower cusack BUT says it still says 50 euro a ticket on it ! The price probably a mistake that will be rectified when payment is being processed (you would think !) but transition from upper to lower is very strange. The presumption would be all upper tiers and Davin stand tickets were full when came to allocation of the dregs of the waiting list.
    Last edited by WexDec; 07/02/2007 at 12:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The rest of us went for lower and asked to be grouped so will hear back from 3 other applications tomorrow. Mine will be at my Wexford address (I work in Dublin) so will find out at the weekend and just bring it in myself on Monday. Whats the story can you pay with cash in Merrion Square at the ticket office or does it have to be done via the post or handed in with cheque/bank draft/postal order. Have 3 on mine so will get the cash off the lads not putting it on my CC, not enough credit. Sh1t myself at first thinking it'd be 280 each but remembered its just payment for the first two matches thank God.

If first mate, who was the only one out of 7 of us to go for upper, does get his lower seats for 20 euro cheaper than us a piece cos there were no 50 euro tickets left (which is the price he applied for) he'll do some laughing at us all year ! Am still open to the possibility he was taking the p1ss but he didn't sound like it to be honest. Least it should mean we've got our lower stand seats (two of the applications were from sub 2k list for 3 tickets each). 12 tickets all in if we get them. Have to admit am surprised at that, no wonder its completely sold out.
    Last edited by WexDec; 07/02/2007 at 12:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    Christ a full house for each of the games is gonna be something else!!
    The upper side tiers must've been the very first to sell out by the sounds of it. Jesus its gonna be cracking with a chocka stadium and no general salers even (ignoring corpos and GAA tourists.....they'd love that comment in their own stadium but its truly ours for the day given the rent demanded !.......still love them calling Hill 16 the "Northern Terrace", class)

reder
    Just heard from the first of my lot that they've received the letter. He asked for a pair and was in the 5,000s on the BB waiting list and got his so that seems to be the proof of the pudding.

The only thing is and this will p1ss some off no end - he asked for upper cusack/hogan and got lower cusack BUT says it still says 50 euro a ticket on it ! The price probably a mistake that will be rectified when payment is being processed (you would think !) but transition from upper to lower is very strange. The presumption would be all upper tiers and Davin stand tickets were full when came to allocation of the dregs of the waiting list.
    Dont want to be a barer of bad news but maybe the FAI are actually pricing the blocks in the corner of the main stands lower as they will be outside the perimeter of the pitch. Your seat might be in the lower cusack but right down down beside the Davin or northern terrace. I reckon the centre blocks within the perimeter of the pitch are €70 and the ones in the main stand lower tiers outside the perimeter of the pitch are €50.

Still brings a smile to my face call it the northern terrace.
    Last edited by reder; 07/02/2007 at 2:35 PM.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast