Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: BB Croker letters

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I have to say i'm not happy with my allocation. Granted, i should be happy i got tickets but i've been on the BB list for about 8 years and been to every single game and all i asked for was 2 tickets for the Cusack or Hogan Upper stands and i got 2 Upper Davin (ya wha?!!!) tickets!!!

Sorry - just needed a rant! FAI don't really look after their 'customers' (as JD calls us) as well he thinks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    The lower stand tickets are very much in demand for corporate etc so I can't see anybody being offered them that requested the cheaper seats.

The leagues and clubs are also back in the mix here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Looks like the eL fans allocation is in the Lower Davin (canal end) at €50 a pop
    http://pix.ie/widgets/generate/accou...000-F5F5FF.jpg

"It's time for the FAI to grow up." John O'Donoghue, Minister for Sport, RTE , Sunday 7 Nov 2004

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reder View Post
    It is a bit strange that the main stands sold out before the end. I presume the EL fans are getting allocated seats in the lower davin. I got the impression from people I know and people here that the upper davin in particular and the lower davin were where people were going to sit (singing section). Logically, they should have been moving people the other way, from the end into the main stand!
    Very strange I would say. I actually just can't believe block bookers got turned down Cusack/Hogan to be pushed to the Upper Canal. Logically that would suggest the side stands are already gone ?!!! That couldn't be right.

Mooret did you apply for "Upper" Cusack/Canal ? I'd like to hear if anybody that applied for lower sides got their's as seems like only the uppers so far didn't get their's. I think if you applied for those they were gone they would put you in an alternative same priced stand not the lower side stands for 20 euro more. Least the extras were included.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I now fear for how many tickets will go to the BB waiting list, I would say it'll be a ticket a head going on this unexpected news......or worse !

Is it plausible they might want to sell out all of Davin and lower stands and go to upper sides last for any general public sales etc. ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WexDec View Post
    I now fear for how many tickets will go to the BB waiting list, I would say it'll be a ticket a head going on this unexpected news......or worse !

Is it plausible they might want to sell out all of Davin and lower stands and go to upper sides last for any general public sales etc. ?
    Ticketmaster have been known to do this for some events in croke park in the past

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

happy days.....

Applied for and got tx for upper cusack..........each of our bb got the xtra tx requested....and stand requested

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    was there a limit on how many 'extra' tickets BB could ask for or was it fair game?
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    this does not look good for us "waiting listers", not good at all. Any of the rest of you here anything yet?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    this does not look good for us "waiting listers", not good at all. Any of the rest of you here anything yet?
    Even if the BB allocation was subscribed by 50% extra (30,000 approx to 45,000 approx - which is unlikely) that still leaves approx 15,000 tickets.

People who were unrealistic with their demands on the waiting list and those whos request is not for the same number as their original request to be added to the waiting list may be in for less tickets if offered.

People under 2,000 on the block booking waiting list shouldn't be concerned in the least I would imagine.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Wexdec, to answer your question...I applied for 3 tickets for Upper Hogan/Cusack and was moved to Davin so I assume you are correct that they offered me a similar priced ticket, rather than Hogan/Cusack lower at 20 euros extra

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Sounds like I was one of the lucky ones - I have 2 BB tickets, applied for and got 4 Lower Hogan.

Be warned folks, the payment has to be in by next Monday. I only got the letter yesterday (Monday 5th), if I was on holidays I would have lost my allocation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monutdfc View Post
    Sounds like I was one of the lucky ones - I have 2 BB tickets, applied for and got 4 Lower Hogan.

Be warned folks, the payment has to be in by next Monday. I only got the letter yesterday (Monday 5th), if I was on holidays I would have lost my allocation
    Great thinking by the fai... f*ck off your most committed fans, those who travel to even the crappiest away games in godforesaken places like san marino.
    Superdave to the resc....

Can you wait til I finish my pint? Or else...

reder
    Quote Originally Posted by footballplease View Post
    I have to say i'm not happy with my allocation. Granted, i should be happy i got tickets but i've been on the BB list for about 8 years and been to every single game and all i asked for was 2 tickets for the Cusack or Hogan Upper stands and i got 2 Upper Davin (ya wha?!!!) tickets!!!

Sorry - just needed a rant! FAI don't really look after their 'customers' (as JD calls us) as well he thinks!
    If I was you i would be livid being honest with you. I am in the same boat in terms of time as a bb but got lower davin like i requested.

On a good note, it looks like the Upper and Lower Davin will be populated with EL fans and fans who went to Lansdowne, which means we can actually have our singing and standing section.

However the lower tiers are obviously going to be filled up with suits which is rubbish as I cannot see these people getting on linesmen, referees and opposition players backs.

All the games in Croke Park are sold out, so there will be no tickets on general sale.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    Great thinking by the fai... f*ck off your most committed fans, those who travel to even the crappiest away games in godforesaken places like san marino.
    It beggars belief doesn't it, of all the weeks they'd do that !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mooret View Post
    Wexdec, to answer your question...I applied for 3 tickets for Upper Hogan/Cusack and was moved to Davin so I assume you are correct that they offered me a similar priced ticket, rather than Hogan/Cusack lower at 20 euros extra
    Cheers

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    FAI Allocates Tickets for Croke Park Matches
    Date: Tuesday, 06 February 2007
    Section: FAI News
    All existing FAI block bookers, clubs, supporter groups, leagues and affiliates are receiving confirmation of their ticket allocations this week. This follows a hugely increased demand for the home matches. Over 12,000 fans who had previously been on waiting lists for tickets have also had their ticket requests accommodated.

The home supporter capacity of 67,000 is now sold out with all stand and premium seats allocated leaving a limited number of Corporate Box seats available.

The Association is installing seats on the Northern terrace at Croke Park in line with UEFA/FIFA regulations and the Wales and German FAs have been allocated this seated capacity of 6500. Discussions are ongoing with the Slovakian and Cypriot FAs regarding their take up of seats. Depending on the take up by these Associations, this may result in some limited capacity being available for Irish fans for these two matches only.

Notification of the ticket allocations should be completed by the end of this week.
    http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=c...k=view&id=1673

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just noticed that myself. One figure that jumps out at me immediately is the 12,000 on waiting lists ??? Is there another waiting list besides the BB one or could that figure more likely to be taken as the 5-6k BB waiters got on average a pair of tickets each ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The "Northern Terrace" Cheeky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    does this mean anyone who has not gotten a letter yet (by the sounds of it, the majority of the waiting list) are NOT going to get tickets for Croker??
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast