Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: BB Croker letters

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluetonic View Post
    Clearly in a large supporters club the number of members and the number who are available to go to each game are different, and as a result the people whom the tickets are allocated to are not static and may not be decided until hours before a match.
    I am not a member of a club so i am guessing at what happens but if demand exceeds supply I assume either lots are drawn or some sort of loyality scheme is in place - however spares are unlikely to be an issue in this instance.

If however a club BB ticket (or indeed any other ticket) ends up on the black market, the club should lose that named allocation of tickets (2 tickets). They can conduct their own internal enquiry and take appropriateaction as to which of their members sold/passed on the ticket but the clubs allocation is reduced by 2 No in the future.

I really dont see a flaw in it but i am sure somebody will. to summarise

Non club BB 1 person responsible for 2 tickets - if tickets found on blackmarket he loses his tickets

Club BB - 1 person responsible for 2 tickets (admin purposes only) - if tickets found on blackmarket, club loses 2 No in its ticket allocation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain View Post
    Did the people on thew Waiting list who did not get tickets take them for all the friendlies?
    yes i bought tickets for all the friendlies!! and have now been shafted by the fai

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Newryrep View Post
    Non club BB 1 person responsible for 2 tickets - if tickets found on blackmarket he loses his tickets

Club BB - 1 person responsible for 2 tickets (admin purposes only) - if tickets found on blackmarket, club loses 2 No in its ticket allocation
    Just to note the FAI couldn't care less about tickets being on the black market, nor could people who buy them, so who's going to report the misuse?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    You would think that they could do with some good PR given their current popularity.

Do they have any body in PR ?

I think fans would report touts/tickets if they thought somthing would be done about it. since they know nothing will be done they dont report it. chicken and egg really.

Am i just killing time to avoid having to do some work ?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Point 2, you obviously got your tickets and are a very happy bunny, but for those who joined a queue which had people in front with extra spaces held for their mates to jump in at anytime. The system is a failure, they should given everyone on the waiting list their 1st requested ticket, then went back to the start and gave out all those in a queue that wanted another 1 and so on until the ticket allocation run out. Now that is fair anything other than this is completley wrong
    The problem is that would have taken ages, I beleive they sorted through all letters ONCE instead of going back over them again and thats why things have happened the way they have. as soon as a section was sold out, anybody still on the list looking for that area got overlooked....makes most sense, think about it lads.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eighties mullet View Post
    I havent got anything back yet, it must be an anti-galway thing
    Sorry to hear that eighties mullet, there are many off us in the same boat, who feel completley fcuked off by the FAI ticket allocation system (Blue Tonic aside he loves the current system).

I have a newspaper currently chasing the FAI for an explaination to the unfair allocation of tickets, and as they refuse to answer summarises for me that they even know themselves that they have made a fcuk up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eighties mullet View Post
    yes i bought tickets for all the friendlies!! and have now been shafted by the fai

i didn't get offered tickets for friendlies even though i was on the waiting list but i got them for croker
    "....until Ray Houghton got the ball and stuck it in the net!!"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antrimgreen View Post
    Sorry to hear that eighties mullet, there are many off us in the same boat, who feel completley fcuked off by the FAI ticket allocation system (Blue Tonic aside he loves the current system).
    Really, talk about issues.

Just point out to me where I said I love the way the tickets were allocated?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluetonic View Post
    There is no need to change anything, just implement the system that is in place already.

Block Bookers as per normal amount
    Waiting list in order as per original amount request
    General sale.

Simple as.
    Quote -

The system that is in place at present works when implement correctly, it also should suit the FAI as there is a lot less administration. When implemented correctly I fully support it as a fan, and would not like to see a one ticket system introduced. Quote

Just a few examples, ok so you didnt actually use the words love but you might as well have.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ok so you didnt actually use the words love but you might as well have.
    Thanks for clearing that up, nothing worse than misrepresentation.

Would you have problems following system by the way?

Waiting list in order as per original amount request
    General sale.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Block Bookers normal amount, i am completely happy with that...

Waiting list, i believe they should give each waiting list member 1 ticket then, go back to the start and give out 2 to those who requested 2 and so on until they run out of the tickets that have been allocated for the waiting list.

General Sale

Do you think this would be a fair system?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, not currently as they've already taken ticket numbers off current waiting listers.

It would only work if they expanded the list to include all the tickets under each booking and issued everyone with a new waiting list number so that there was a one to one relationship, ticket to block booking number. In this case I would agree with it but it still be basically the same system.
    Last edited by Bluetonic; 15/02/2007 at 12:04 PM.

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Long Long shot i know but would anyone be interested in a swap Wales ticket for (and here's the catch) for Liverpool V Barce ticket second leg March 6th at Anfield?? PM me or post reply on this thread if interested.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Block Bookers normal amount, i am completely happy with that...

Waiting list, i believe they should give each waiting list member 1 ticket then, go back to the start and give out 2 to those who requested 2 and so on until they run out of the tickets that have been allocated for the waiting list.

General Sale

Sorry Antrimgreen i dont think it is fair.for the following reason

1 person wanting 2 tickets (him and his brother) on waiting list 4 years

another person joins waiting list last week at No 5000

5000 tickets available everybody on the waiting list gets offered a ticket - his brother doesnt get one but the guy who joined last week does

a fair system is

Waiting list in order as per original amount request (if within reason say 4 or 6 max)
    Block bookers additional tickets if desired
    General sale.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i agree i have been on the waiting list for 4 years, and to suggest someone who joined a week or even a month ago, get the same treatment is ridiculous...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post
    i agree i have been on the waiting list for 4 years, and to suggest someone who joined a week or even a month ago, get the same treatment is ridiculous...
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this, I was beginning to doubt myself there for a minute.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just to get a rough idea, did anybody not take up their allocation. Its a long shot, but in the response from the fai, I was told that those tickets not accepted would then be offered to the waiting list or lottery list whatever you want to call it. Ive been to every home game bar 2 and several away games in the last 8 years and it is really ****ing me off that some were allocated 10 tickets, probabley for their birds and their mates birds. Wait and see the crowd at croker. The atmos will prob be ****e due to all the suits and women who have no interest.
    I couldnt help notice at the rugger game the amount of squares and women when the cameras went ot the crowd. The fai dont give a **** once they get their shillins, but thats ultimately what is wrong with the organisation. They should care, and they should try and make it a deafening fortress!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ok if people are gettin 10, then i agree that its ******xx..i think a max of 4 per person, only requested 2 myself. The rugarr ccrowd are usually crap anyway, despite all the crap there were only pockets of atmosphere on sunday, id say the atmosphere will be savage for the footie..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa B View Post
    Long Long shot i know but would anyone be interested in a swap Wales ticket for (and here's the catch) for Liverpool V Barce ticket second leg March 6th at Anfield?? PM me or post reply on this thread if interested.
    That IS a long shot !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theleprechaun View Post
    i didn't get offered tickets for friendlies even though i was on the waiting list but i got them for croker
    As established before only approx the first 1,800 on waiting list got offered friendly tickets. Possibly 80's mullet was below that threshold (which would make him the highest waiting lister to be shafted on this thread) or got them through other means like most people after that number (usually terraces)

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast