Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: BB Croker letters

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    lads dont mention that ye "know of someone" who got 10 tickets, I dont want to be the reason my mate loses tickets that he has promised to lads.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Collyontour View Post
    They could issue every block booker with a number and print the number on each ticket allocated to that person. At the games, they could encourage people who buy off tout scum to report them. Simple. And then ban them for life.
    No need, all seats can already be traced back to a block booking. Very hard to prove the original block booker did anything wrong, they may have simply passed the ticket on a face value and it was resold, the number of times it can be passed on a face value could be unlimited before it was sold over face value.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluetonic View Post
    No need, all seats can already be traced back to a block booking. Very hard to prove the original block booker did anything wrong, they may have simply passed the ticket on a face value and it was resold, the number of times it can be passed on a face value could be unlimited before it was sold over face value.
    I think if the existing BB only got 2 tickets in their name (i dont mean a reduced allocation to their particular group) it would severly reduce the likelyhood that somebody who passes on a ticket in good faith ends up in the hands of a tout eg

1. 33K tickets - 5000 BB 4 tickets each , 5000 BB 2 tickets 3000 BB 1 ticket

becomes

2. 33K tickets - 15000 BB 2 tickets each 3000 BB 1 ticket each.

Everbody knows at least one or 2 guys he would trust with a ticket if he couldnt go himself. As opposed to a BB with 8 tickets as he who would get blamed if any of the tickets ended up in the wrong hands.

however admin increases 18000 BB's as opposed to 13000 BB's
    Last edited by Newryrep; 14/02/2007 at 3:18 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    There is at present ONE block booker selling tickets on ebay.

The system that is in place at present works when implement correctly, it also should suit the FAI as there is a lot less administration. When implemented correctly I fully support it as a fan, and would not like to see a one ticket system introduced.
    Why do you consistantly bang on about the system being great if implemented correctly, the system is clearly a failure when you need a system to ensure the system is right

Point 2, you obviously got your tickets and are a very happy bunny, but for those who joined a queue which had people in front with extra spaces held for their mates to jump in at anytime. The system is a failure, they should given everyone on the waiting list their 1st requested ticket, then went back to the start and gave out all those in a queue that wanted another 1 and so on until the ticket allocation run out. Now that is fair anything other than this is completley wrong.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Newryrep View Post
    I think if the existing BB only got 2 tickets in their name (i dont mean a reduced allocation to their particular group) it would severly reduce the likelyhood that somebody who passes on a ticket in good faith ends up in the hands of a tout eg
    Block bookings aren't just made up of individuals, there are football clubs throughout the country who have block bookings which may contains 20+ tickets, different people from the club go to matches all the time, club members join and leave, so how do you figure that would work?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antrimgreen View Post
    Why do you consistantly bang on about the system being great if implemented correctly
    As it is.

Point 2, you obviously got your tickets and are a very happy bunny, but for those who joined a queue which had people in front with extra spaces held for their mates to jump in at anytime. The system is a failure, they should given everyone on the waiting list their 1st requested ticket, then went back to the start and gave out all those in a queue that wanted another 1 and so on until the ticket allocation run out. Now that is fair anything other than this is completley wrong.
    I suggest you rub your eyes and reread my posts, including this one http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=623463&postcount=194

When people originally joined the waiting list (some 6 years ago or more) they were asked for how many tickets they would like their blocking booking to represent, this has been the way things have been run from the beginning. All the FAI had to do was honour these request. Thats my stance on the issue as I've pointed out many times in this thread already.

People need to be aware that although they are joining a list at number 3000 there is really 3000 bookings each containing a ticket or more.
    Last edited by Bluetonic; 14/02/2007 at 3:40 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Block bookings aren't just made up of individuals, there are football clubs throughout the country who have block bookings which may contains 20+ tickets, different people from the club go to matches all the time, club members join and leave, so how do you figure that would work?
    Bluetonic

I would preface the BB with club ie Club BB No 10000 - Sligo Town Joe Bloggs 20 tickets

If there are 20 in the club that want a ticket they all get a ticket - no spares

If the are 80 in the club and they want a ticket- 60 disappointed - no spares

If there are 10 in the club that want a ticket what the hell are they doing getting 20 tickets

If any of these tickets ends up with a tout - which you would think would be unlikely in the 1st two scenarios as everybody probably knows one another and knows the penalties- Joe Bloogs personnally would not be blamed but the 20 ticket allocation should be reduced to 19 and a warning about future conduct be issued .

Like i said everybody knows one or two guys who he would trust with a ticket. I wouldnt want Joe Bloggs hung out to dry because some ******* in his club tried to make a quick buck.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Yes obviously people on the waiting list below 3000 are waiting for tickets, but 10 or 6 per person, that's of the page. Come on be a realistic a system were your in a queue and the guy in front can order as may as he likes. Believe it or not that is called unfair.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Come on be a realistic a system were your in a queue and the guy in front can order as may as he likes. Believe it or not that is called unfair.
    I'm not condoning someone ordering as many as they like, and as you've now read my other posts I'm sure you've seen I've spoken out in disagreement about it already.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    After all is said and done the FAI don't really give a ****e as the tickets will be sold with the least amount of effort keeping a majority of people happy (those who got tickets) and the money will be in the bank.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    As it is.

I suggest you rub your eyes and reread my posts, including this one http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=623463&postcount=194

When people originally joined the waiting list (some 6 years ago or more) they were asked for how many tickets they would like their blocking booking to represent, this has been the way things have been run from the beginning. All the FAI had to do was honour these request. Thats my stance on the issue as I've pointed out many times in this thread already.

People need to be aware that although they are joining a list at number 3000 there is really 3000 bookings each containing a ticket or more.

Bluetonic i think antrim green is ****ed about people who were on the list for say 2 tickets and they asked for four and got four. I was on the list for two asked for two and got two. But from memory the box in which you request the number was blank - you could put whatever number you wanted. It is understandable. Nobody is complaining if you asked for X tickets years ago you should get X tickets which is why i would be curious to see how many waiting listers got tickets and how many tickets were there.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Nobody is complaining if you asked for X tickets years ago you should get X tickets which is why i would be curious to see how many waiting listers got tickets and how many tickets were there.
    For the record I'm currently in the 1500s approx on the waiting list for three tickets.

I applied for three tickets for the lower cusack/hogan and have been invoiced for three cusack lower tickets.

I still wouldn't be surprised if something goes wrong along the way.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I dont think anybody will rest easy untill the tickets are in our hand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I was told in San Marino last week where I met some of their members in The Bounty, that the two main official supporters clubs, in Dublin and London, now have about 750 block bookings between them.
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I dont think anybody will rest easy untill the tickets are in our hand
    .....and even then could be double booked or have a seat that is theoretically in on the steps.........again !
    Last edited by WexDec; 14/02/2007 at 6:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He did do an item briefly about the distribution of rugby tickets for Croke Park as i think one of the girls in his office had problems.
    I remember that and in fairness to him he held back no punches as per usual. I think he would have a field day with this to be honest if provide him with cold facts like those given not the FAI are a load b*stards. If he brings it up you can be sure a few BB waiters will be ringing in and the scale of it will become obvious. A favourite recurring theme with him is why support for domestic football isn't as high as it could be and he'll love this to show yet more disloyalty to loyal, patient, supporters when the "big event" comes along.

Although I wouldn't name any names, not that we know any, I think quoting the fact that certainly up to 10 tickets per person were handed out, when fans on the list for just one gone nothing, would illustrate the point of fundamental unfairness.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhoops View Post
    I was told in San Marino last week where I met some of their members in The Bounty, that the two main official supporters clubs, in Dublin and London, now have about 750 block bookings between them.
    2 guys getting 375 tickets each ?

The point i was making about the block booking being prefaced by a club means that the names recieveing the tickets would be for admin purposes only. The club would still recieve X amount of tickets. but they would be allocated to X/2 names.

If Patrick Murphy a club member recieving 2 No club BB tickets dies or leaves the club advise FAI of the new name/adress to recieve their club allocation of 2 tickets.

I am trying to eliminate any legit reason why a ticket allocated to Mr Murphy via club BB could end up in the black market.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WexDec View Post
    I remember that and in fairness to him he held back no punches as per usual. I think he would have a field day with this to be honest if provide him with cold facts like those given not the FAI are a load b*stards. If he brings it up you can be sure a few BB waiters will be ringing in and the scale of it will become obvious. A favourite recurring theme with him is why support for domestic football isn't as high as it could be and he'll love this to show yet more disloyalty to loyal, patient, supporters when the "big event" comes along.
    WexDec i think the questions are valid enough and factually correct based on the experiences on this thread. The only query would be the exact numbers which are a guestimate. As long as the old line 'you cant please everybody all the time isnt trotted out or well there are X amount of BB's and Y amount of waiting listers happy with the way we have done it'

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    2 guys getting 375 tickets each ?

The point i was making about the block booking being prefaced by a club means that the names recieveing the tickets would be for admin purposes only. The club would still recieve X amount of tickets. but they would be allocated to X/2 names.

If Patrick Murphy a club member recieving 2 No club BB tickets dies or leaves the club advise FAI of the new name/adress to recieve their club allocation of 2 tickets.

I am trying to eliminate any legit reason why a ticket allocated to Mr Murphy via club BB could end up in the black market.
    Clearly in a large supporters club the number of members and the number who are available to go to each game are different, and as a result the people whom the tickets are allocated to are not static and may not be decided until hours before a match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galwayhoop View Post
    BTW anyone on waiting list not get their letter this week yet??
    I havent got anything back yet, it must be an anti-galway thing

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast