Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 75 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: John O'Shea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Kerr is a very conservative manager he wont move Finnan to left back in a world cup qualifyers without doing it in a few friendlys before hand. Maybury and Dunne would not be better left backs than O'Shea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    red-tinted specs? I'm not a Man U fan
    I didn't say you were a follower of those particular Red hordes, but your comment is symptomatic of a fascintation with certain Lancashire-origin teams in red that seems to captivate the entire east coast of Ireland. O'Shea may play semi-regularly for ManUre's first XI, but that in itself does not an Ireland player make. On current form, he just ain't good enough. End of.

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Like I said ideally I'd agree with you but atm he's the best of a bad bunch as far as left backs are concerned unless we put Finnan there and Kerr simply wont do that for a world cup qualifyer unless forced with injury.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FarBeag
    Jimbob, did you watch the match last week and if you did you failed to comment on his beautiful backheader that left Carrol scrambling and nearly getting his Ba**s choped off in the process. The penalty was six of one half dozen of the other so i guess he was unlucky here too.Eventually this guys luck will run out and he or you wont have any more excuses.O'Shea is fine going forward but he is a very average defender who is prone to a lot of mistakes and is not the answer to our left back problem simple as that.
    I did, but Carroll aint exactly the best man to have behind you to give ya confidence. I disagree with what you say, i think O'shea is a decent defender with poor distribution going forward. Think he has the ability to be a decent centre half, maybe even centre midfielder, but at the moment he lacks confidence. Hopefully he can settle down and get regular first team football, be it at utd or another decent prem club, and be given a regular position

Im sure you'll remember his lob when utd beat arsenal or when he nutmegged Figo.. shows what potential the guy has!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    Like I said ideally I'd agree with you but atm he's the best of a bad bunch as far as left backs are concerned unless we put Finnan there and Kerr simply wont do that for a world cup qualifyer unless forced with injury.
    Fair play. That's a good analysis of the situation atm.

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Jimbob117...I did, but Carroll aint exactly the best man to have behind you to give ya confidence. I disagree with what you say, i think O'shea is a decent defender with poor distribution going forward. Think he has the ability to be a decent centre half, maybe even centre midfielder, but at the moment he lacks confidence. Hopefully he can settle down and get regular first team football, be it at utd or another decent prem club, and be given a regular position

Im sure you'll remember his lob when utd beat arsenal or when he nutmegged Figo.. shows what potential the guy has!

It does not matter what the standard of goal keeping,there is no excuse for that type of headed back pass at this standard.Are we talking about the same John O' Shea here?He is not good enough in the back line at all,left,right centre even midfield.Even if he was he will never get the chance to develop into a centre while he is at United anyway.I think his distribution going forward is much better than his defending but that is another story.Like the lads said he is the best of a bad bunch but with O'Brien playing/or not playing the way he is,it does not give me much confidence in the Irish backline apart from Given,Finnan and good old Mr Reliable Kenny Cunningham.I know that Clive Clarke does not feature for Ireland much but he is a natural left back,plays regular and captains Stoke City(ok,its only stoke) but surely he is better than the others.
    As for the chip he scored against Arsenal, it took him half a lifetime to realise it went in. As for his nugmeg on Figo,His only fame to claim i guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As for the chip he scored against Arsenal, it took him half a lifetime to realise it went in.
    What?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As for the chip he scored against Arsenal, it took him half a lifetime to realise it went in. As for his nugmeg on Figo,His only fame to claim i guess.
    Isnt that 2 things????
    Well have you not watched any of his performances in midfield?? He's done fairly well. You have to remember he's only young and is learning and ferguson obvviously rates him, amongst others.
    I mean Cunningham was a later starter and, with experience, you refer to him as reliable. As for O'Brien, while his form for newcastle has been poor, the guy has done little wrong for Ireland. Was one of the best players against France away amongst other games.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    What?

His reaction to the fact it went in was as slow as his reaction to a player running up the left wing past him.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What?

His reaction to the fact it went in was as slow as his reaction to a player running up the left wing past him.
    What are ya talking about, it was a good finish, at least u should be able to acknowledge that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What?

You can't seem to give him any credit whatsoever, have you something against him?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Jimbob117..Well have you not watched any of his performances in midfield?? He's done fairly well. You have to remember he's only young and is learning and ferguson obvviously rates him, amongst others.
    I mean Cunningham was a later starter and, with experience, you refer to him as reliable. As for O'Brien, while his form for newcastle has been poor, the guy has done little wrong for Ireland. Was one of the best players against France away amongst other games

Ya..I have watched him play in every position for utd and i still think he is crap.I agree with you on O'Brien though, **** for newcastle but excellent for Ireland but he is prone to bad mistakes so lets hope he carries on playing well for us.As far as Cunningham is concerned, he was not a late developer he has always been consistant while playing for the Dons but could not make the Irish team at the time due to the standard of backs we had that time.There is no comparing the two and in my opinion there never will.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote slash/Ed..You can't seem to give him any credit whatsoever, have you something against him?

No..Nothing what so ever apart from him being a very average football player.I don't know him personally but he appears like a sound lad.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ya..I have watched him play in every position for utd and i still think he is crap.I agree with you on O'Brien though, **** for newcastle but excellent for Ireland but he is prone to bad mistakes so lets hope he carries on playing well for us.As far as Cunningham is concerned, he was not a late developer he has always been consistant while playing for the Dons but could not make the Irish team at the time due to the standard of backs we had that time.There is no comparing the two and in my opinion there never will.
    Well we'll have to disagree. When i first was watching Cunningham, he was being kept out of the team by Keith Curle,Brian Talbot,Chris Perry and another lad whos name i cant think of off hand.(hardly world class players) cunningham wasnt a regular, and even played at right back as a fill in.
    As for o'shea being crap, i think you are being way too harsh, but alas, if thats ur opinion so be it

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Having a go at O'Shea for scoring that OG really is a joke and shows how ridiculously biased against Manchester United some of the people are on here. The goal was entirely Carrols fault and the truth be told O'Shea was on of Uniteds better players at the weekend.

I have long thought that O'Shea's best postition is central midfield. I think that if he realises this himself he should move to get regular 1st team football in that position.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote..Carnstien...Having a go at O'Shea for scoring that OG really is a joke and shows how ridiculously biased against Manchester United some of the people are on here. The goal was entirely Carrols fault and the truth be told O'Shea was on of Uniteds better players at the weekend...

I have nothing against Man U what so ever and i do admire them even when they blame everything/one but themselves when they don't win games.I am pointing out some of my observations in John O' Shea's play and its my opinion that he is not a good defender. How can i be biased against Utd because of this.If I say a player in any team is not playing well,it does not mean i dislike the whole team.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samuel
    In England its now Chelsea Arsenal and United because they have the financial clout, The game is sick and the fans are the only ones that suffer.
    There is no way you can put Arsenal in the same bracket as Chelsea and United financially. Arsenal are in the position they are in because of Wengers exceptional management. Arsenal have even less money to spend than the likes of Spurs, Newcastle and Middlesborough.

So becuase of this it could be argued that many more than those 3 teams have the potential to win the league if the were properly managed.

Its my opinion that if you put Wenger and Mourinho in charge of Newcastle and Spurs, within 5 years they would be the dominant teams in England.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo
    Carroll's a muppet who supports Ingleland,even though he allegedly plays for another 'international' side,whilst JO'S is another,albeit high-profile,mediocre EPL centre-back/defender....unfortunately amongst the best that Ireland have got.
    u really live up to ur name.. (gonzo was a muppet wasnt he)

Calling him a mediocre centre back, when id say you have only seen him play there 2 or 3 times is just plain ignorance. and why are you putting 'international' in ' '??hes plays for northern ireland and they are an international side, end of story. u may not like it but u gotta respect it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

O Shea to sign New 4 year deal From the BBC

Manchester United defender John O'Shea has revealed he is on the verge of signing a new four-year contract with the Old Trafford outfit.
    The 24-year-old Republic of Ireland international has recently been linked with a move to Celtic.

"I am very close to signing a new four-year deal and, fingers crossed, that will be done and dusted before the start of the season," O'Shea said.

"I'm looking forward to spending more time here and enjoying more success."

O'Shea, whose present contract expires next summer, added: "When I first broke into the squad I played about 50 games a season for a couple of years.

"Last season, I took part in 37, so anywhere in between would be nice."

O'Shea made his 155th senior appearance for United against Debrecen on Tuesday.

Good News in my view, Looks like Ferguson has faith in him.
    In Trap we trust

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,691 Posts
    I've mixed views. I don't see O'Shea being in the first XI if everyone's fit. Obviously it's great if a club like MUFC has faith in a 24 yr old Irish guy but I wonder will it hinder rather than help his development.

How long was left on his contract? It could just be MUFC protecting the value of their assets.

Page 6 of 75 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast