Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: John O'Shea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    Harte and O'Shea are both far better than Maybury, if you can't even see how woeful he was against Poland just because we didn't concede than no wonder you can't see what.
    Maybe I was watching a different game, but when Maybury came on to replace Harte, who was being roasted by the Polish flyer of a right winger, O'Shea was switched to left back and Maybury played out of position at right back. O'Shea did not much fare much better than Harte against their winger. Maybury misdirected a couple of passes and gave away an unneccessary corner but I don't remember any Polish player going by him with the same ease that the Polish right winger went by Harte and then O'Shea. Luckily for us this winger's final ball was not brilliant.

Maybury also played in all 4 games in the nine day spell last summer against Romania/Nigeria (played 45 mnutes)/Jamaica/Holland and did not look out of place being no worse than anyone else.
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhoops
    Maybe I was watching a different game, but when Maybury came on to replace Harte, who was being roasted by the Polish flyer of a right winger, O'Shea was switched to left back and Maybury played out of position at right back. O'Shea did not much fare much better than Harte against their winger. Maybury misdirected a couple of passes and gave away an unneccessary corner but I don't remember any Polish player going by him with the same ease that the Polish right winger went by Harte and then O'Shea. Luckily for us this winger's final ball was not brilliant.

Maybury also played in all 4 games in the nine day spell last summer against Romania/Nigeria (played 45 mnutes)/Jamaica/Holland and did not look out of place being no worse than anyone else.
    You must have watched a different game because Maybury was our worst player when he came on against Poland and by some distance, he was beaten constantly and right back is his position. Every time he plays for Ireland he shows he's not capable of crossing or passing the ball and when he's attacked, he's not upto it defencively either. He's not international class, not by a long shot. To say he's better than O'Shea is laughable, even Harte for that matter. Harte, like Maybury, can't defend but at least he can go forward.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    If I remember the Polish match fairly well, he was down our side of the pitch in the second half and along with everything else his heading was woefull...

Both Harte and Kelly were ahead of him at Leeds and he was not snapped up by anyone in the English league because they don't rate himn and neither do I.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

John O' Shea scores again

O' Shea scored again to-day,but I am afraid it was in the wrong goal.This guy appears to be making big fcukups every time he get the opportunity to play for united.This is worrying as both himself and Andy O' Brien are now so unpredictable these days.Lets hope someone waves a magic wand over both of them for the upcoming Internationals or we could be in big big trouble.Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I wouldn't be O'Shea's biggest fan but scoring an own goal is part and parcel of being a defender. The best of them do it. He set up the equaliser for Fletcher to head in.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    he made up for it by setting up uniteds goal. eirebhoy do you have a stream for the united match?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    There was nothing he could do about the goal, 100% calamity Carrolls fault yet again. He set one up then and was unlucky to have one cleared off the line.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FarBeag
    O' Shea scored again to-day,but I am afraid it was in the wrong goal.This guy appears to be making big fcukups every time he get the opportunity to play for united.This is worrying as both himself and Andy O' Brien are now so unpredictable these days.Lets hope someone waves a magic wand over both of them for the upcoming Internationals or we could be in big big trouble.Any thoughts anyone?
    Big deal,he was unlucky and it happens to the best of players. he was very unlucky last w/e aswell against west brom, was never a penalty in my eyes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I can't believe that anyone would need to point this out to them Samuel. As David Meek of the Manchester Evening News has it, United were more than willing accomplices in the new business-led football world of the early-90s and so haven't a leg to stand on at the current time. What goes around comes around and all that. We've had plc-led excuses for not spending money at Celtic for years, so I know how ManUre "fans" must be feeling right now. I don't feel in the slightest sorry for them though.

But, given that I am apparently a mod on here after all, I should be sending this discussion elsewhere...

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    This guy Glazier must be a real idiot (he certaintly loooks like one) if he thinks he well make a succes of United considering how hostile the fans are towards him.
    There seems limited room for futher improvement and its easy to see how
    it could turn out to be a totally disasterous venture.

The guy clearly has more, much of it borrowed, money than sense

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote....jimbob117...Big deal,he was unlucky and it happens to the best of players. he was very unlucky last w/e aswell against west brom, was never a penalty in my eyes.

Ok..Wrong place wrong time and all that and yes it could happen to the best but i question this guy's judgement.Jimbob, did you watch the match last week and if you did you failed to comment on his beautiful backheader that left Carrol scrambling and nearly getting his Ba**s choped off in the process. The penalty was six of one half dozen of the other so i guess he was unlucky here too.Eventually this guys luck will run out and he or you wont have any more excuses.O'Shea is fine going forward but he is a very average defender who is prone to a lot of mistakes and is not the answer to our left back problem simple as that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Based on a penalty that shouldn't have been given and an own goal that wasn't even remotely his fault? It's any excuse to have a go at O'Shea on here.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Slash/Ed...Based on a penalty that shouldn't have been given and an own goal that wasn't even remotely his fault? It's any excuse to have a go at O'Shea on here.

I am not having a go at him,i am simply pointing out the facts and voicing my opinion and its not just the penalty and the own goal that i am talking about.Its been a long season and to be fair he has made a lot of mistakes. If he was any good he would be playing a center back not in a position he is clearly not suited to.How highly do you rate him then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I don't think he's a great left back but if he can nail down a position in the middle he can be a very good central defender. He has to wait for a chance to come for him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Based on a penalty that shouldn't have been given and an own goal that wasn't even remotely his fault? It's any excuse to have a go at O'Shea on here.
    Not at all. He just hasn't the judgement or maturity to lead a Premiership-standard back line, which casts a long shadow over his ability to do it at the level required for Ireland. Lose the red-tinted specs, Slash...

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    red-tinted specs? I'm not a Man U fan

I think he has shown potential as a central defender even this season, he does need someone strong beside him however, but has alot going for him in that position. I wouldn't play him in central defence for Ireland until he gets that position for Man U so I hope for his sake an opening creates itself there and he takes the chance.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_colour
    This guy Glazier must be a real idiot (he certaintly loooks like one) if he thinks he well make a succes of United considering how hostile the fans are towards him.
    There seems limited room for futher improvement and its easy to see how
    it could turn out to be a totally disasterous venture.

The guy clearly has more, much of it borrowed, money than sense
    You obviously know nothing about leveraged buy-outs. I'll make it as simple as possible. He is boring money at an interest rate that is LESS than the revenue that Manchester United will generate. That is, he will skim the difference between the revenue generated by United and the loan payments he will have to make every month or quarter. United have enough guaranteed contacts (TV rights etc.) so that the lenders are not that concerned about a "fan revolt".

It does not appear, however, that this augurs well for the future of United as a competitive team.
    There is no such thing as a miracle cure, a free lunch or a humble opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    red-tinted specs? I'm not a Man U fan

I think he has shown potential as a central defender even this season, he does need someone strong beside him however, but has alot going for him in that position. I wouldn't play him in central defence for Ireland until he gets that position for Man U so I hope for his sake an opening creates itself there and he takes the chance.
    So on that basis as he can't get the Left Back position at Man U, I assume you wouldn't play him there for Ireland either!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ideally no, but since we've little to no options there I would, it's basically a choice between him or Harte or we try Finnan out there, but that's too risky to do with qualifyers coming up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Ideally no, but since we've little to no options there I would, it's basically a choice between him or Harte or we try Finnan out there, but that's too risky to do with qualifyers coming up.
    Richard Dunne, Alan Maybury and even Clive Clark can defend better than O'Shea. Finnan moving to LB would hardly be a risk.

Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast