Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 25 of 75 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: John O'Shea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Well Neville needs surgery soon and could be out for a month or two. So that's probably the end of O'Shea being sold in January ...pity!
    He has been very bad for Ireland recently. It would be good to see him go to half-decent team and hold down one position. Then we could tell if it's all the chopping and changing that has affected him or if he really is a poor player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Yeah, i think he'd be ok if he took that stupid grin off his face and knuckled down for while in one position for a team. I think getting rid of the grin might be more important! :-)
    "A silent mouth is sweet to hear"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
    Yeah, i think he'd be ok if he took that stupid grin off his face and knuckled down for while in one position for a team. I think getting rid of the grin might be more important! :-)
    I think he is actually doing nixers as bouncer on Phoenix Nights

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    I have to say that people like you Den anger me.How can you say you support a team but you boo them at the same time? Thats not support, thats just being an idiot. How could booing one of the players you ''SUPPORT'' help the team in any way?!!

And could you please explain why you booed Matt Holland? I know he wasnt a great player by any means but he did put in consistently strong performances. As for your statement ''I'm just waiting for the chance to boo Staunton'' - i must say you sound like someone who knows nothing about football - you probably read the Sun every morning and take it as gospel
    Don't call me an idiot ok?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Den Perry View Post
    Don't call me an idiot ok?
    Just because I'm not an ole ole like you that means I know nothing about football?

Do you realise how ridiculous your accusation that "people like me know nothing about football " sounds? Do you have an insight into my tactical knowledge o the game? Do you know if i ever played?do I still play? to what level?

ole ole

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What's the definition of an 'ole ole'? Maybe people should get off their high horses and stop judging other fans. Everyone's entitled to their opinions. We all support the team.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Collyontour View Post
    We all support the team.
    Colly, It's fairly clear that not everyone on this forum supports the team....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Praha View Post
    Well Neville needs surgery soon and could be out for a month or two. So that's probably the end of O'Shea being sold in January ...pity!
    He has been very bad for Ireland recently. It would be good to see him go to half-decent team and hold down one position. Then we could tell if it's all the chopping and changing that has affected him or if he really is a poor player.
    Why do people feel sorry for O'Shea, i booed him the other night i make no apologies either, he was crap again, for his first 20 caps i didnt boo him but people are booing him now cos they've just had enough, he's been consistently sh*te since his first cap to the san marino cap, it sickens me that i still have to look at him in the green.
    are you listening stan? get rid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nedder View Post
    no its not clear at all.
    where is it clear? where is the example?
    you seem to think that people calling a spade a spade when it comes to the irish team is somehow being disloyal. go back to watchin I'm a celebrity Ireland.....all is well.......

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    I agree about dropping him, but if we do it will be a tragedy for the team. Every 3/4 years we find a couple of players who are top class prospects. O'Shea when he came on the scene was at that level. The reasons he has not come through need to be understood at the FAI and at Man U.

Much is made of Man U's youth policy and Ferguson's ability to bring young players through but in reality since the Beckham/Giggs generation they have had no succesful players come through in ten years.

At the moment I'd be happier for a young prospect (such as Stokes or McShane) to play for a club more able to develop players.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    I agree wholeheartedly. O shrea takes far too much abuse..Although I have bbod Matt Holland ...because he is a treacherous b astard. And I 'm only waiting for the chance to boo staunton
    Quote Originally Posted by Billsthoughts View Post
    no its not clear at all.
    where is it clear? where is the example?
    you seem to think that people calling a spade a spade when it comes to the irish team is somehow being disloyal. go back to watchin I'm a celebrity Ireland.....all is well.......

Assuming you are only going to boo Staunton if we do badly, then you're syaing you're waiting for us to do badly so you can boo Staunton.

Although I think his appointment was the dumbest decision ever by the FAI I would love to find out he's a managerial genius in waiting. I wouldnt even object to John Delaney getting to look smug.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Your making the jump there.
    all he said was he is waiting on the chance to boo staunton. how is that not being a fan of the team?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    all he said was he is waiting on the chance to boo staunton. how is that not being a fan of the team?
    By fan you mean supporter?

Well the clue is in the word 'supporter': Someone who 'supports' the team. Booing players and managers is not 'supporting.'
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Den Perry - Why make a post and then quote that post 3 minutes later? Try to keep all your points in the one post.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Not much of a jump there Bill in fairness, He's more or less wishing the manager ( and the team by association) to fail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Not much of a jump there Bill in fairness, He's more or less wishing the manager ( and the team by association) to fail.
    The manager has failed. we are out of the european cup with four games played. if we can assume on his behalf he is wishing anything its that we get rid of this **** manager.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Just because I'm not an ole ole like you that means I know nothing about football?

Do you realise how ridiculous your accusation that "people like me know nothing about football " sounds? Do you have an insight into my tactical knowledge o the game? Do you know if i ever played?do I still play? to what level?

ole ole

Just reading your posts on this site makes me realise your utter lack of knowledge in football terms

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Stop trolling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    Den Perry - Why make a post and then quote that post 3 minutes later? Try to keep all your points in the one post.
    I actually meant to qoute something else and clicked on wrong post sorry

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    Just reading your posts on this site makes me realise your utter lack of knowledge in football terms

that is utter rubbish.....you just can't back up your argument.just because you disagree with my view you state that i know nothing about football...SAD

So how does one vent their frustration and show their dissatisfaction? write a letter to Staunton?

So are you telling me that a lot of guys on this site did not boo when we were one nil down at Landsowne to liechenstein? the whole bloody place booed....and if you want I will call myself a "follower" of the team rather than a "supporter" thus there shall be no contradictions when i boo or criticise

Quote Originally Posted by lopez View Post
    By fan you mean supporter?

Well the clue is in the word 'supporter': Someone who 'supports' the team. Booing players and managers is not 'supporting.'
    ok i'll call myself a "follower" of the team

Supporting the team means i want the team to do as well as possible, with that idiot in charge that obviosly has not happened so far and will not happen. Therefore by booing staunton and making my feelings known, this will eventually lead to the removal of him from his position(when everybody else joins in....which wont be long).Thus, i shall have done my bit for the benefit of Irish football!

to sum up, i dont see why i, who loves football at all levels should have to shut my mouth when i am not satisfied
    Last edited by eirebhoy; 22/11/2006 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I'm now after merging 4 of your posts. Surely you could have just posted all that in one post?

Page 25 of 75 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast