Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Padraig Amond

Middle of No Where, The Center of Everywhere.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Padraig Amond

Kildare County have signed him on loan from Shamrock rovers according to the 2007 transfers thread.

http://www.foot.ie/showthread.php?t=47501

Anyone know anything about it or him?. He is from Carlow and 18 but thats all I know, I have never seen him in action.

Was going to post it on the clubs forum on the website but I will wait until Monday and see if there is any word.

Also John Reilly was added to the pfai list last week.
    Everyone needs something to believe in, I believe I'll have another beer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i think he definitely played against us in the second game at Tolka Park. He is a striker but he is very young, i think he might be only 18.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Good signing, hes fast and has a good shot on him. Played a good few games for Rovers last year. Played in most of the cup games.
    Played minor hurling for Carlow last season too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Padraig has great potential. The season on loan with Kildare will bring him on nicely. He needs to be playing regularly now. Will score goals if he gets a run in the team.
    He played in the Leinster minor final last year for Carlow hurlers. Scored plenty with the stick in the earlier rounds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I don't think this is a good signing for us or indeed for Amond himself.

I saw Amond last year and he looks like a prospect, he is very quick and is obviously something of an athlete given his hurling background.

But we don't need 19 year old's who are looking for experience. We badly need some experienced players, i don't think he will add anything to us that Trevor Bowers or Paddy Mahon won't

It's strange for him because if he is that highly rated, why loan him to a club who is going to struggle at the bottom of the league. Surely they should have been trying to get him to a club that would be at least in mid table?

Middle of No Where, The Center of Everywhere.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    On the club website today:

http://www.kildarecountyfc.com/news/...asp?NewsID=826

Quote Originally Posted by KildareFan View Post
    I don't think this is a good signing for us or indeed for Amond himself.

I saw Amond last year and he looks like a prospect, he is very quick and is obviously something of an athlete given his hurling background.

But we don't need 19 year old's who are looking for experience. We badly need some experienced players, i don't think he will add anything to us that Trevor Bowers or Paddy Mahon won't?
    Thats a good point the current squad badly lacks experience up front and to a lesser extent in midfield but we do need a 4th striker if Ger Robinson isn't going to be back until mid season due to GAA.

Quote Originally Posted by KildareFan View Post
    It's strange for him because if he is that highly rated, why loan him to a club who is going to struggle at the bottom of the league. Surely they should have been trying to get him to a club that would be at least in mid table
    Looking at the current squads and club 'status' in Div One, I think County have a decent chance of finishing mid table, Cobh have lost all their best players (I think), no idea which club is going to be in the league from Limerick and ethier way its very late for assembling a squad, Limerick F.C. have lost a lot of good players, Wexford will be a total unknown and our current squad is that bit better than Monaghan and Kilkenny.

That leaves Dundalk who are very strong for the coming season, Waterford who have signed a mixed bag of players- some great others not so, Finn Harps who haven't announced much but played us of the park last season with prettty much their current squad and Athlone who have made excellent signings.

Could be interesting season ahead in Div 1 me thinks.
    Everyone needs something to believe in, I believe I'll have another beer.