Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: OT discussion on rules (WAS: Public v Private Sector Debate)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dahamsta View Post
    I want to see facts posted on the pay issue or I'm not allowing any more discussion on it. Pete, that means you. You made a claim, now back it up or drop it.
    in fairness how can you provide stats for the whole entry level of the private sector to compare to the 21k mentioned by bohs? the new minimum wage would work out around 17k for an average week, but an entry level pharmacist might earn 50k or more pete's point was that for whatever he does he would be better off, or not much worse off all things considered, in the public sector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdom hoop View Post
    in fairness how can you provide stats for the whole entry level of the private sector to compare to the 21k mentioned by bohs?
    If you can't provide facts for a claim you make on the Current Affairs forum, you shouldn't be making the claim. The forum wasn't set up as a free for all, it was set up for debate about current issues. And when I say debate, I don't mean the kind of idiocy that goes on in the Oireachtas.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dahamsta View Post
    If you can't provide facts for a claim you make on the Current Affairs forum, you shouldn't be making the claim. The forum wasn't set up as a free for all, it was set up for debate about current issues. And when I say debate, I don't mean the kind of idiocy that goes on in the Oireachtas.
    well then the public sector must 'win' this debate as there is full disclosure of pay? like the point wws makes we are not comparing like with like, if man utd have 40 points in their division and oldham have 40 points is it the same thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdom hoop View Post
    then the public sector must 'win' this debate as there is full disclosure of pay?
    How can you not get this? The Current Affairs forum is here for discussion of Current Affairs, with opinion that must be disclaimed as opinion, and fact that must be backed up with evidence. Pete stated opinion as fact. He should either clearly frame his comments as opinion, and be prepared to be rebutted with fact, or go and find data to support his assertion. If he can't find data, that's his problem, not mine.

That's how this forum works. If you don't understand or like this, there's plenty of other political forums out there, such as politics.ie or the forum on Boards. Although as far as I know, they work the same way.

adam
    Last edited by dahamsta; 18/01/2007 at 2:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts
    The rules are here, for anyone not familiar with them.

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=32644

adam