0 Posts

Drew Fights Back

Have a look at this. About time too
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/2007/0117/eircomleague.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Are you serious? There is no hope of an el team progressing in Limerick with Danny Drew at the helm.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think you are right, I dont see The EL langers budging here but i feel that he was being shafted by them and he deserves a fair hearing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Of course DD deserves a fair hearing - though it could be said he got two already in the license process. But this seems to be a ridiculous case. If Limerick FC are given a licence that does not mean they can play in th eleague - which is a newly established league. The FAI can sign a participation with anyone they want - a licence does not mean membership of the league. The FAI decide who gets a licence, but they also decide who gets invited to participate in the league. These are two separate issues so this move will not succeed and will just cost DD some money.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct View Post
    Are you serious? There is no hope of an el team progressing in Limerick with Danny Drew at the helm.
    Showing a remarkable grasp of the practicalities of the situation for a Galway fan. Nail on head gufct, Drew's had two years already and provided plenty of entertainment. Not all of it positive though.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    good to see a chance of football in limerick shame if there wasnt, might sound stupid but can someone explain where limerick 37 name came from

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC in Exile View Post
    Of course DD deserves a fair hearing - though it could be said he got two already in the license process. But this seems to be a ridiculous case. If Limerick FC are given a licence that does not mean they can play in th eleague - which is a newly established league. The FAI can sign a participation with anyone they want - a licence does not mean membership of the league. The FAI decide who gets a licence, but they also decide who gets invited to participate in the league. These are two separate issues so this move will not succeed and will just cost DD some money.
    Limerick FC did get "invited" to the new league.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsfan View Post
    good to see a chance of football in limerick shame if there wasnt, might sound stupid but can someone explain where limerick 37 name came from
    Hi

The name was chosen to link the new team to the very first team that played in seinor soccer from Limerick. This took place in 1937 so the name "Limerick 37 FC" refers to the first start and this new start.
    "When faced with total negativity, a smile is a weapon of mass destruction"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old keeper View Post
    Hi

The name was chosen to link the new team to the very first team that played in seinor soccer from Limerick. This took place in 1937 so the name "Limerick 37 FC" refers to the first start and this new start.
    i think limerick 1937 would have been better, but all in all it is good work that is going on.
    i hope Limerick TSFC gets up an running.
    'You should never have a bad game, off the ball.......'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DmanDmythDledge View Post
    Limerick FC did get "invited" to the new league.
    Really? Maybe the problem then is "invited" is in inverted commas as opposed to invited meaning asked to join the league. The FAi are not signing a participation agreement with Limerick FC - they can't be made to sign one. They can sign an agreement with any club. Having a licence does not put an onus on the FAI to sign a participation agreement with any club. A licence means you are qualified to play in the league (and DD may have been hard done by in this regard) but it does not mean you are automatically accepted into the league. Maybe you can clarify what "invited" means - I think I have explained what I mean.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post Openness and Transparency

For those interested in such matters, here are all the documents available from the Companies Registration Office submitted by JRM Sports Limited (trading as Limerick FC).

http://www.skynet.ie/~gombean/football

You will note that the last submission was made on 9th January 2006.
    That was the Annual Return and Account Details for the financial year ending 30th November 2004.

In other words, JRM (Limerick FC) has not submitted any accounts since Danny Drew took over. The FAI deadline for clubs to submit their accounts for the 2006 Season is coming up in March. Lets see if anything happens then. Or perhaps some of this stuff will be submitted to the High Court next monday when Drew asks for the injunction against the FAI to be extended.

If you want to read the FAI 2007 Club Licensing Manual, follow this link
    http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=c...d=31&Itemid=46

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sorry, but I just realised there's one document missing from the list.
    I'll try to get that up on Monday (have to phone CRO to sort it out).

My motivation behind doing this is not really to just have a go at Drew, but to make people realise some of the reasons why Limerick FC lost its licence. It also shows up some of the problems with having the club organised as it was: more-or-less a one-man-show.

On the face of it, the structure of Limerick37 seems to be a lot more open and democratic. Or it certainly has the potential to be. But should Limerick37 get a licence, get organised and enter the league, it is up to the supporters to make sure it becomes so. So even if the Supporters' Club can't afford to do it now, one of the aims should be to work to get a voting share in the running of the club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gombean View Post
    In other words, JRM (Limerick FC) has not submitted any accounts since Danny Drew took over. The FAI deadline for clubs to submit their accounts for the 2006 Season is coming up in March.
    In fairness I understood that the FAI required accounts to be submitted to them not that they were to be submitted to the CRO. (I know companies need to submit to the CRO also). So, it doesn't necessarily mean that because accounts haven't been submitted to the CRO that they haven't been submitted to the FAI. I don't know if they have or not - I suspect the latter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    It dont matter about any of that but when accounts are to be submitted, ie on the 31st of March guess who will have a healthy set of books? thats right Limerick FC and yet another reason is shot down as to why Limerick FC failed their licence.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC in Exile View Post
    In fairness I understood that the FAI required accounts to be submitted to them not that they were to be submitted to the CRO.
    Why would the accounts be submitted to the FAI and not the CRO? The CRO adds sizeable penalties (for a company of LFC's size) for late returns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Why would the accounts be submitted to the FAI and not the CRO? The CRO adds sizeable penalties (for a company of LFC's size) for late returns.
    Do FAI accounts need to be audited? Also, there may be different deadlines on both. I dunno. Just saying they are different processes.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    It dont matter about any of that but when accounts are to be submitted, ie on the 31st of March guess who will have a healthy set of books? thats right Limerick FC and yet another reason is shot down as to why Limerick FC failed their licence.

is this the same limerick fc who could not pay their players at different times last season...several players were left with bounced cheques at seasons end.2 members of the staff were not paid for months...there was no physio at several games this season...why...he was not paid either.dont sound healthy to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FAIRKOP View Post
    is this the same limerick fc who could not pay their players at different times last season...several players were left with bounced cheques at seasons end.2 members of the staff were not paid for months...there was no physio at several games this season...why...he was not paid either.dont sound healthy to me.
    again some of the stuff your saying is hearsay. yes the cheques bounced near the end but tell me a club over the years where the players havent been paid? sorry for your benifet tell me the senior clubs that you know of where players have always been paid? Maybe some of the junior clubs you know of didnt pay some of their staff. As for no physio...away making more money with the GAA team me suspects. My point again, Limerick FCs books will be good come deadline day March 31st.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    again some of the stuff your saying is hearsay. yes the cheques bounced near the end but tell me a club over the years where the players havent been paid? sorry for your benifet tell me the senior clubs that you know of where players have always been paid? Maybe some of the junior clubs you know of didnt pay some of their staff. As for no physio...away making more money with the GAA team me suspects. My point again, Limerick FCs books will be good come deadline day March 31st.
    the books havent being right for years come on be honest limerick have struggled for years with money all the best players will go coz they will get better paid elsewhere and paid on time barrett,finucane and heff will be gone within 2weeks
    Last edited by the only 1; 21/01/2007 at 8:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the only 1 View Post
    the books havent being right for years come on be honest limerick have struggled for years with money all the best players will go coz they will get better paid elsewhere and paid on time barrett,finucane and heff will be gone within 2weeks
    limerick have always struggled as have all the other clubs for years yes but i dont see limerick being any differant or the players being diff to other players in wanting better money and thus moving to another club. Thats football, thats players. And one of those players you mentioned good luck to him, did shag all and i pity the club that gets him next. I dont want to go on about all the begrudgers going i heard i heard but belive it or not i heard that our most sought after player has dicieded to stay on shannonside
    At the meeting the other night there was a good crowd, good people and a pessimest or two. If we belived that there was no point in having a club then so be it dont post on here anymore, but i do belive and (with mondays court thing in mind) i belive that limerick 37 will be a success as will the development of the Jacks. But overall lads give it up, Limerick 37 is the future of senior soccer in limerick give it a chance and stop looking back. Were any of ye at the meeting the other night?
    Last edited by gael353; 21/01/2007 at 9:42 PM. Reason: just do it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast