Thread: Kevin Doyle

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,002 Posts
    hmmmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    I'm sure Trap didn't text incognito. Doyle has Trap's number too if he feels a response is necessary or appropriate. That wouldn't be out of line, would it?
    +
    Doyle could always reply via text and request and phone discussion. There's no reason to assume that Trap wouldn't be willing to accommodate such a request from someone he values as a player.

but, at the moment, the focus for Trap must be on the team he has selected for a crucial World Cup qualifier. That's this Friday evening, in case this "scandal" has caused it to slip from anyone's mind...

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    so what if he was phoned?
    Exactly, I don't care I don't think he needs to.

Whereas I was pointing out that I bet if Kidney hadn't phoned ROG, he would be one of those on a rugby forum going disgraceful blah de blah.

I don't think Doyle should be worried about the text, he should be worried about what he needs to do to get back in, and I think that is limited whilst playing at Wolves.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

3. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,915 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Exactly, I don't care I don't think he needs to.

Whereas I was pointing out that I bet if Kidney hadn't phoned ROG, he would be one of those on a rugby forum going disgraceful blah de blah.

I don't think Doyle should be worried about the text, he should be worried about what he needs to do to get back in, and I think that is limited whilst playing at Wolves.
    Actually you made one of the most bizarre arguments ever made on Foot ie.

Paul "Oh ya, but Kidney was right to phone ROG no doubt about his exclusion murfinator.
    Keep your argument consistent and people will respect your opinion a lot more."

Murf "I don't recall commenting on ROG's exclusion let alone having an issue with the communication method."

Paul "Of course you don't have an issue, but I know your sort, and I can be sure you would be one of those on a rugby forum jumping up and down saying disgraceful that ROG wasn't phoned or spoken to(either before squad announcement or to be let known that he was going to be dropped) bla bla"

5. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    "I sent a message to Damien Duff, Richard Dunne, all players. I can't call all players because you stay out (of the squad) or not. It's normal.
    what I've picked up and no one else noticed is this and also yesterday from Trap as well, why would they be texting Duff?

Geysir, you must have seen some pattern in murfinators posts? No?
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    what I've picked up and no one else noticed is this and also yesterday from Trap as well, why would they be texting Duff?
    I presumed he was talking about past instances when he texted players as opposed to people he texted about this squad.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    But when would he have texted Duff to say you aren't in the squad? Because that was what he was referring to in that quote.

Ya, I suppose again its just a misunderstanding leading to poor communication?
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    If he has p!ssed those players off now (which he appears to have done), then he may not get as much out of them in the future.
    Which players has be ****ed off? Doyle said he was disappointed not to make the squad; he didn't explicitly say he was ****ed off with Trap or his methods of communication so we shouldn't put words in his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    hmmmm...

+

If Doyle is so distraught about receiving a text - and there's no indication that he is - I'm sure Trap could find a few moments to allay his concerns, be that this week, next week or within the next month. I didn't say he needs to set the time aside before Friday. Trap could set the time aside for him after next Tuesday if unable to do so before Friday. He'll be in touch with him in the future anyway. I just don't think the whole issue is that big of a deal. Daft stuff over which to be getting in a tizzy and certainly not big enough of a deal to be getting caught up about apparent contradictions in my posts!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Which players has be ****ed off? Doyle said he was disappointed not to make the squad; he didn't explicitly say he was ****ed off with Trap or his methods of communication so we shouldn't put words in his mouth.

That's why I said "seems". Whether he is p!ssed or not, I'm sure he'd feel better about the situation if he'd had the courtesy of a call rather than text.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Actually you made one of the most bizarre arguments ever made on Foot ie.

Paul "Oh ya, but Kidney was right to phone ROG no doubt about his exclusion murfinator.
    Keep your argument consistent and people will respect your opinion a lot more."

Murf "I don't recall commenting on ROG's exclusion let alone having an issue with the communication method."

Paul "Of course you don't have an issue, but I know your sort, and I can be sure you would be one of those on a rugby forum jumping up and down saying disgraceful that ROG wasn't phoned or spoken to(either before squad announcement or to be let known that he was going to be dropped) bla bla"
    This made me laugh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    A couple of observations...

In the list of charges against Traps tenure this is low down the list. Somewhere between not learning the language (really people?) and his choice of attire for the euros.

Is text the ideal form of communication for this sort of decision? Probably not, you're not supposed to dump chicks by text these days.
    Is it the most practical and consistent way? Probably.
    Does a great servant to the team and a good lad like Doyle deserve an exception over the likes of Ward and other less established players? I think that argument could be made.
    Am I just glad that Trap is actually communicating and informing players instead of saying nothing as he has done in the past? You bet.
    Does any of this really matter? No way.
    Did Doyle deserve to be dropped? Yes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    It's surely just common courtesy?

At least get an FAI official to ring particularly if a text went like this

'Kevon, you OUT. Need to show personality. Chow'

14. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    I have always appreciated employers who ring you up when you miss out on a job to explain their decisions and where you might improve in your next interview. it is employers like this that I always feel I would like to work for. Trap's lack of communication skills and the alienation of players are an ongoing issue in the team and IMO texting players about being dropped and not answering the obvious question of why and offering reassurance to them, is why he needs to go asap. Trap out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    But when would he have texted Duff to say you aren't in the squad? Because that was what he was referring to in that quote.

Ya, I suppose again its just a misunderstanding leading to poor communication?
    I'm just assuming along those lines. It's Trap style to just allude generally to examples of when he's done something in the last five years. My reading is he was referring to him texting senior players about squad matters.

Btw I'm presuming the FAI is picking up the bill for Trap's mobile contract and its allowance of 4,000 texts per month. Fortune.

Trap out.
    Last edited by SwanVsDalton; 22/03/2013 at 10:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,334 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    I'm just assuming along those lines. It's Trap style to just allude generally to examples of when he's done something in the last five years. My reading is he was referring to him texting senior players about squad matters.

Btw I'm presuming the FAI is picking up the bill for Trap's mobile contract and its allowance of 4,000 texts per month. Fortune.

Trap out.
    Or it's being absorbed by their main sponsors, 3 networks.
    This isn't unheard of, When o2 were sponsoring Arsenal, they paid for Reyes' calls to Spain
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Or it's being absorbed by their main sponsors, 3 networks.
    This isn't unheard of, When o2 were sponsoring Arsenal, they paid for Reyes' calls to Spain
    I really wasn't expecting a serious response to that but I appreciate getting one! FAI would need to offload the costs - the roaming charges would off the scale.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Celtic no longer interested. Wolves look for £2-3 million: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spor...sylvan-4022219

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    404 Posts
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

22. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,712 Posts
    Didn't Trap say something quite dismissive of Doyle in the Wales squad announcement? Something like "we know about x, y and z but we have better players now". I took it to read that Sammon is now quite a bit ahead of Doyle in Trap's thinking.

I think he'd be good at Celtic and Celtic would be good for him, keeping him in the public eye. Hooper is on his bike so there's an opening for him.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    How Sammon can be rated ahead of Doyle is beyond me, even considering that Doyle has had a year to forget. Doyle has 12 goals, which is an okay return for his 50+ caps considering the thankless battering ram task he is given. I just don't see what Sammon has to offer. He looks like a target man so he makes us even more likely to play pointless long balls, which has been our problem now for years. We need to get away from that game.

I think if someone like Doyle had been brought on for an obviously knackered Sammon after 70 minutes against Austria to hold up the ball and do some pressing (both of which Sammon had stopped doing), we'd be in sole 2nd place in the group now. And say if Hoolahan had come on to hold up the ball, and/or Green's energy for Whelan's lack of it instead of Green being stuck out right.... Anyway, rant over.

Celtic would be good for Doyle. Hopefully get a few goals in the SPL, get some Champions League games. He's been a good servant to us, seems a sound fella and not nice to see him in League 1 with Wolves.

25. Thanks From:

Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast