Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Donegal Celtic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts

Question Donegal Celtic

Genuine question here not trying to stir anything but would it be fair to say they haven't attracted the Sell-Thick knuckle dragging brigade many were expecting??

Their crowds on Final Score from Northern Ireland look pathetic. There was one game away to Glentoran where it looked like they brought no more than 50 fans. I was expecting to see Green and White hoops everywhere.

Also is that grassy/wooden/galvinised thingy actually their home ground

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Genuine question here not trying to stir anything but would it be fair to say they haven't attracted the Sell-Thick knuckle dragging brigade many were expecting??

Their crowds on Final Score from Northern Ireland look pathetic. There was one game away to Glentoran where it looked like they brought no more than 50 fans. I was expecting to see Green and White hoops everywhere.

They haven't seemed to get the dodgy crowd as yet although a visit to Windsor in a few months may bring some out of the woodwork. And yes that is their ground, and believe me it is even worse than it looks, particularly the away end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Whats the story with DC? Why Donegal? What am I missing?
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,523 Posts
    A load of the streets in the area of West Belfast from which they are from have the names of Towns in Donegal, hence their name.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,523 Posts
    More on this here and here
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

You don't do irony then ?

How many Munchthur jersies were to be seen amongst the 200 odd on a Friday evening at Hogan Park during the past season ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    you'd be lucky to see one (honestly) and it was more like 300

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie C View Post
    You don't do irony then ?

How many Munchthur jersies were to be seen amongst the 200 odd on a Friday evening at Hogan Park during the past season ?
    Munster fans at a game of associanist football??

In the rain??

In Rathbane??

Get Real

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

r u for real.. a bit much to be having a pop at another team
    with the current situation with limerick... no permanent ground for how many years.. and the support you would get more at pike rovers on a sunday :

" football is a simple game "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    r u for real.. a bit much to be having a pop at another team
    with the current situation with limerick... no permanent ground for how many years.. and the support you would get more at pike rovers on a sunday :
    Where am I having a pop??

Being unfamiliar with the Northern League I asked some questions to which I hoped to get some intelligent insightful answers.

It was going fine until a few genius' like yourself came on missing the point entirely.

Oh ya and attempting humour. That joke you made about Pike, an absolute classic. Have a gold star, but don't put it in your mouth or your ear or anything now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Where am I having a pop??

Being unfamiliar with the Northern League I asked some questions to which I hoped to get some intelligent insightful answers.

It was going fine until a few genius' like yourself came on missing the point entirely.

Oh ya and attempting humour. That joke you made about Pike, an absolute classic. Have a gold star, but don't put it in your mouth or your ear or anything now
    having a pop... sell thick knuckle dragging supporters .. ? grassy / wooden / galvanised thinghy.. !!! only 50 supporters at match ..!!
    apologies if i took you up wrong... !!! and see how easy it is to upset someone when you make a few comments about their club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    They haven't seemed to get the dodgy crowd as yet although a visit to Windsor in a few months may bring some out of the woodwork. And yes that is their ground, and believe me it is even worse than it looks, particularly the away end.
    the dodgy crowd yet... (donegal celtic )

what happened the last time they played at windsor park cup match against linfield a good few years ago.. one of their players was attacked on the pitch during the match by a so called linfield fan

and not so long ago glentoran / linfield fans had a mini riot after cup final ... so lets be honest here yes i'm sure donegal celtic will bring some dodgy crowd ( not their genuine fans ) but lets not forget all the other teams in league who have a hell of a lot more dodgy crowds following them for years & still following them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    the dodgy crowd yet... (donegal celtic )

what happened the last time they played at windsor park cup match against linfield a good few years ago.. one of their players was attacked on the pitch during the match by a so called linfield fan

and not so long ago glentoran / linfield fans had a mini riot after cup final ... so lets be honest here yes i'm sure donegal celtic will bring some dodgy crowd ( not their genuine fans ) but lets not forget all the other teams in league who have a hell of a lot more dodgy crowds following them for years & still following them
    Calm down there, nobody is denying that other teams have their problems. Check the initial post on the thread, that is what I was replying to. It was not a questioon about Linfield or glentoran fans, it was about Donegal Celtic fans. That's why I came back with a response about Donegal Celtic fans. Also your memory of the game in 1990 seems very selective there. You remember one incident from so much that happened that day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Calm down there, nobody is denying that other teams have their problems. Check the initial post on the thread, that is what I was replying to. It was not a questioon about Linfield or glentoran fans, it was about Donegal Celtic fans. That's why I came back with a response about Donegal Celtic fans. Also your memory of the game in 1990 seems very selective there. You remember one incident from so much that happened that day.
    fair enough it was about donegal celtic fans .. but you could have also mentioned other teams have / had the same problems with supporters .. ,, so much happened in 1990 i know ... but lets face it a supporter from any team getting attacked on any pitch is very hard to forget,, thankfully it was in the past .. and we all hope that it never happens again .. and it looks like football in northern ireland moving on..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    but lets not forget all the other teams in league who have a hell of a lot more dodgy crowds following them for years & still following them
    "Dodgy crowds" following teams all over Ireland, gitser, just in case you were about to mount a high horse.

The only Irish club to win a European trophy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lux Interior View Post
    "Dodgy crowds" following teams all over Ireland, gitser, just in case you were about to mount a high horse.

i know plenty of them down here in southern ireland ... particulary dodgy around dublin area .. one day hopefully they will all get fed up with causing hassle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    fair enough it was about donegal celtic fans .. but you could have also mentioned other teams have / had the same problems with supporters .. ,, so much happened in 1990 i know ... but lets face it a supporter from any team getting attacked on any pitch is very hard to forget,, thankfully it was in the past .. and we all hope that it never happens again .. and it looks like football in northern ireland moving on..
    Personally the abiding memory for me that day was the full scale riot on the Spion Kop with the police having to fire plastic bullets to control the crowd not Brendan Tully getting a bit of a kick in the arse and going down as if he had been hit by one of the plastic bullets. Not condoning that attack in any way but it is one of the most blown up incidents that I have ever seen in football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Personally the abiding memory for me that day was the full scale riot on the Spion Kop with the police having to fire plastic
    The reaction of the RUC that day was way OTT. There was no need to fire plastics indiscrimately into the crowd failing to follow the rules set for the use of plastic bullets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Parker View Post
    The reaction of the RUC that day was way OTT. There was no need to fire plastics indiscrimately into the crowd failing to follow the rules set for the use of plastic bullets.
    There was no need for people to turn up in their thousands for an excuse to attack the police. If you are breaking the law, regardless of what team they were supposedly supporting that day then they deserved all they got.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    There was no need for people to turn up in their thousands for an excuse to attack the police. If you are breaking the law, regardless of what team they were supposedly supporting that day then they deserved all they got.
    You seem happy that they acted illegally? I was there. Iwas not involved in the trouble. Was it ok for them to fire them at me or the thousands of others not involved in the trouble? Or maybe cracking a few innocent heads open too with batons was all right?
    Last edited by Mr_Parker; 22/01/2007 at 9:05 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast